Opinions on the n word at concerts...

Opinions on the n word at concerts? Why is it so important that white people censor themselves when the lyrics are unusingable without them?
If the artist asks it's ok, but I don't see how they could demand that after making you pay to see/hear them. It sours the experience to keep yourself on edge from being a part of the event by stopping mid sentence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HIONsz7vN74
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who is BH?

I don't get why anybody would be against saying it when singing along. I mean that person isn't actually saying it, they're quoting somebody else who said it. It's barely different to quoting a sentence that includes "nigger" on your middle-school To Kill a Mockingbird book report.

Also I'm really interested to know what black people on Twitter think about white voice actors playing black characters and saying it.

Man, I remember when Schoolboy Q got dragged by black twitter so hard for saying it's cool for white fans to say the n-word at his concerts.

I don't really like the dudes music but I still think he's pretty based for that.

Because "fuck wypipo amirite".

yeah it's a thing called "context" reciting a lyric isn't the same as calling somebody something

No, he's kind of a naive idiot who dictates usage of a word that describes all black people just because he's a black person who uses it. Regardless of your feelings on the issue, that's a ridiculously unnuanced look at the situation.

>at his concerts
not in general society you fucking mongoloid

The saddest thing is, it's probably a white guy who wrote this post. What a faggot.

I know, I understood the post, reasonable sentence structure etc.

It's his concert, douchebag. If he wants white people to say "nigga" it's his own damn business and other black people don't have a right to tell him what he can and can't do at his own shows.

He also knows what nuance means. No way he's black.

everyone says nigga at rap shows, and nobody cares. it's not even an issue, so i mean, its safe to ignore all the fucking neets arguing with each other on this post when they haven't left the house in 3 years, because its safe to say that they don't know

Schoolboy Q creating a different set of rules for how people should behave for his concerts is pretty narcissistic, isn't it? And of course he has the right to say what he wants without being censored, but he doesn't have a right to say what he wants without being criticised, and proclaiming ownership of a word that affects people other than him in a space he dominates makes him seem like an out-of-touch tool who deserved every bit of heat he received for saying what he did.

I hope this is bait. Q is letting whiteys say "nigga". You're thinking of the word "nigger". Big difference, let me say as a black man

Of course there's a difference between those two words, and I hadn't argued otherwise, but even "nigga" is commonly regarded as a black-only word by most black people, for obvious reasons. He's circumventing - and catching heat - for that because he's asserting his concerts provide a special set of rules that negates this political structure entirely. If he has specific reasons that relate to music in general, then he should say so. But that's not what he said, so it's suspect.

I'm guessing Brockhampton

>he's asserting his concerts provide a special set of rules that negates this political structure entirely.
Go fuck yourself, god fucking forbid someone tries to change up the shifty system we have now, what kind of mindless society robot are you? Please be bait

No, it isn't fucking bait, you fuck! Black people can't be racist and whites are ALWAYS RACIST when they say the n-word.

black people don't care about this in real life. I think black twitter is black nerds from the suburbs who try too hard to be militant.

>and proclaiming ownership of a word that affects people other than him in a space he dominates makes him seem like an out-of-touch tool who deserved every bit of heat he received for saying what he did.
Only he didn't proclaim ownership of the word. In fact the actual act of white people saying "nigga" doesn't have very much to do with anything he said, he's not encouraging them to do it he's just saying he doesn't care if they do. This isn't empowering white people to say something at his show they weren't allowed to before (they could already say it any time they wanted, the presence of Schoolboy Q doesn't change that), he's discouraging people that have a problem with it from doing anything about it. This is what's called a negative freedom and there's nothing wrong with it. If Schoolboy Q doesn't want you picking fights with white people singing along to his songs then don't go to Schoolboy Q shows.

This is what's really narcissistic, expecting that you have any say into what an artist produces or how they engage with their audience just because you feel super-duper strongly about this particular issue. The only thing you need to worry about is if you want to continue supporting this artist or not.

>calling a nigger a nigger is wrong

What did they mean by this?

The black musicians must not care themselves. I saw Fetty Wap in concert and the crowd was mostly white, everyone sang along to the lyrics and nobody on stage gave a fuck. 6ix9ine opened for him too and his songs have the word nigga in every sentence, and he got the crowd to sing along too.

POP THESE NIGGAS LIKE A WHEELIE NIGGA YOU A SILLY NIGGA IN THE HOOD WITH THEM BILLY NIGGAS AND THEM HOOVER NIGGAS

I replace nigga with nigger in any live shows

Beach House.

I've never seen a show where they censored their own lyrics. I had literally no idea this was a thing. I wouldn't go if it was like a radio edit of every song.

Danny Brown once told his audience that he wasn't cool with white folks shouting nigga during his set, because the guy before him made a big deal about everyone singing along and saying nigga as much as they want.

I saw Danny in 2016, just after AE dropped, and it was a non-factor at the show. Danny knows exactly how to move the crowd. At least half the audience that night knew all the lyrics to all his songs, and he would frequently cut and let the audience deliver one liners. What he didn't do was bait the crowd into saying nigga with some dumbass "gotcha" tactic like Vince Staples does.

If you don't want white people rapping along with the word nigga, then just be a better MC.

that's not a thing, nobody would ever have a censored rap show unless it was a Muslim country

did he change his mind or something? and yeah, pretty much all black rappers let the audience deliver the one liners

fuck you. Q is based as fuck.

I don't think he changed his mind, I've seen him tweet about the incident just a few months ago and he seemed proud of the way he handled the situation.

so he doesn't want white people saying nigga but he lets them do it anyway?

what does Vince Staples do?

How many of you white posters get a nigga pass in real life? Out of curiosity

What do you mean? Like, while the loud ass music is playing? Nobody can hear you if you're rapping along and there's no specific cut for the audience to shout along with.

>All these white folks chanting when I asked 'em where my niggas at?
>Goin' crazy, got me goin' crazy, I can't get wit' that
>Wonder if they know, I know they won't go where we kick it at
Then why did you ask that to your majority white audience paying $50+ to get into the door, dumbass nigga baka

Why do people even want to sing along, that's weird
But if a white person didn't sing along but everyone else was, that would just be weird and everyone would know why they weren't singing. If anybody is actually okay with this situation on the side of the black people/etc then that's honestly just kind of weird.

he's a straight edge suburbanite, he probably feels the need to overcompensate.

Like how black twitter made a big deal about NAV saying nigga, yet I live in NYC and I've never seen a black person ever check an Indian/Guyanese guy for saying nigga.

all these 'artists' dropping "nigga" into every second line need to disappear
replace it with the word "guy" and you'll see the sheer laziness of the technique
it's really a sign of how plebeian this age is that these illiterate retards are able to survive as lyricists

>letting subhumans control your vocabulary
just stop caring

Underrated

sums it up perfectly

trips confirm, good thing your post is the most rational one here anyway

>Here I gave you a bunch of money, now let me disrespect you and your culture

You don't go into somebody else's house and make your own rules faggot.

It seems like things like "culture" and "respect" are lost on a lot of white people. If you don't like it, go find another genre to ruin. Like Kpop or some shit.

pls be my weeb gf, we can watch Pop Team Epic together

>wants to be accepted by black people
>proceeds to make fun of them

Genius. And you wonder why they don't like you.

>culture
>respect

>the way i enjoy the music that the artists allow can ruin the whole nuance of the culture.

>I JUST CAN'T ENJOY THIS CONCERT UNLESS I SAY NIGGER

NIGGER

GOTEEEEM

good one

do you honestly think i can rewrite your culture? do you really think i can control the way you value your culture? you have very limited scope in how a culture works. a culture is not a tangible property that anyone can steal. what makes a culture alive is the people living and celebrating it. and how i enjoy your culture can't dictate how you celebrate and ""preserve"" your culture.

shouldn't matter to you

bruhv

Why exactly is it that black Africans can say it but white people can't? They used to own African Americans as slaves too.

you can, but people will not like you. you can still have your freedom of speech, but can people have freedom of opinions? this is their opinions. their feelings towards the word shouldn't influence your right to say it and they don't

The fact that you can't respect the very little rules in said culture shows that you have no place being in it in the first place.

And if it really upsets you so much, then you can find another genre where they let you be as much of an autistic faggot as you want.

While I agree that white people should be respectful of black people's feelings regarding these things, I don't think black people care that much in real life about this. I'm white and I work in a warehouse with mostly black people, I say nigga in front of them sometimes and they don't bat an eyelash.

White people just live their lives because they’re privilidged enough to not need to give a shit about their culture in as explicit of a sense as other kinds of minorities (especially compared to black people). However, this works to their benefit in that they are not restrained by it. Minorities who do rely on it find great solace and life in it and find the universe through it but are at the same time restricted by it and the biases it possess.

>I say nigga in front of them sometimes and they don't bat an eyelash.

That's because they're fucking your gf.

I don't have a gf. And if anything, I actually wanna bang one of their sisters but I'm not trying too hard because it would be kinda weird

Okay, let me rephrase my question. Why don't black people get mad when black people from Africa say it when black people from Africa are literally as much responsible for the slavery of African Americans as white people are?

you can't actually be this autistic

I am. So what's the reason?

Because they look exactly the same and come from the same places. and Africans were victims of slavery/colonization too.

This is a retarded argument because slaves in Africa were prisoners of war from other tribes that they sold into slavery (which wasn't an uncommon practice across most cultures at the time).

And you're completely forgetting things like the Jim Crow laws, lynchings, the KKK and shit like that existing. But it sounds like you're just being willfully ignorant.

If a person likes a thing then that is effectively something that is a part of their individual world of cultural preferences/practices, whether or not that thing came from their actual society’s/race’s culture. There is questionability when things such as loss of original intention and cultural appropriation are existent, but isn’t this just the natural method of cultural evolution by the ways of our present society anyway? For one side to say another is interpreting/enjoying something wrong isn’t a necessarily always a wholly flawed accusation to make, but in this instance for the reasons this argument is being invoked it appears that it is based on an over sensitivity which comes from a place that is built with a shield of finding strength and validly in passionately exhibiting something that one possesses cultural exclusitivity in over other cultures. This is compounded in this instance by the fact that black people seem to also be reliant on and a product of the very culture that they are trying to maintain independence from

The term "nigga" is a term made by black people to take power away from the word "nigger". It's a term similar to "dude" or "bro" that tries to take impact and power away from the slur so that racist white people would say it less since they saw it didn't offend them.

If you as a so-called fan of black media can't respect that some people wouldn't find favor in you saying the word, then you're no different than the racist whites who actually said nigger in the first place.

>Because they look exactly the same and come from the same places
But that's a completely retarded reason that trivializes the entire argument
>and Africans were victims of slavery/colonization too.
True, but so is every kind of people to have ever existed. The reason Africans in particular are being mentioned here is the historical subjugation of African Americans that would later give rise to the great n-word debate begins with their enslavement by other Africans.

>This is a retarded argument because slaves in Africa were prisoners of war from other tribes that they sold into slavery (which wasn't an uncommon practice across most cultures at the time).
You appear to have made 2/3rds of an argument and forget how to finish it. Yes, slaves in Africa were usually enslaved enemy tribes and this makes it a retarded argument because? Are enslaved POW's not real slaves or something?

>And you're completely forgetting things like the Jim Crow laws, lynchings, the KKK and shit like that existing. But it sounds like you're just being willfully ignorant.
Did I say slavery is the end all be all of African American history or did I say Africans are just as responsible for slavery as Europeans?

The reason slavery is particularly important here isn't just because it's the genesis of later African American oppression but the n-word is intimately related to slavery. It's such an extreme term of abuse because it's dehumanizing, the history of the word is in it being used to brand African Americans as property rather than people.

it's cringey

its important to note that black twitter holds a lot of opinions that most black people don't hold in real life

>Yes, slaves in Africa were usually enslaved enemy tribes and this makes it a retarded argument because?
Slavery in America was racialized and in Africa it was not since they're all the same race. So the comparison makes no sense, especially since the n word is a racist term for black people.

>Africans are just as responsible for slavery as Europeans

Even if you made this argument, it'd make no fucking sense because Africans didn't call other Africans niggers. White slave owners called slaves niggers to put them down, hence why people have a problem with white people saying it today and not Africans like you're suggesting.

And Sup Forums and other racists still call people from Africa niggers, so of course they have the right to say nigga

its pretty fucking pedantic to try to transfer the very stale "is it okay to say nigga" debate onto fucking song lyrics

>Slavery in America was racialized and in Africa it was not since they're all the same race
What kind of mickey mouse logic is this?

Right, let me try and figure this one out. They were literally the exact same slaves, like not even just the same kind of slaves, literally the exact same people. But historical slavery in Africa is different because those people got to be the same colour as their masters. What?

>it'd make no fucking sense because Africans didn't call other Africans niggers
Yeah, and neither did French people. "Nigger" is a specifically Anglo-English word. This doesn't mean no one can get mad if Louisiana rednecks bandy it about.

>Anglo-English
I meant to say "Anglo-American".

Nobody owns a word, retard. Just like how blacks don't have ownership of the word nigga. If he can't say that whites can say it, then blacks also don't have the right to say whites can't say it.

juist a heads up...danny brown aint cool with it.
like, he didnt beat my ass for singing along but he...dint like it.

>But historical slavery in Africa is different because those people got to be the same colour as their masters.

Uh...yeah. Why is that so hard to understand? Africans didn't have superiority complexes over other Africans because of their skin color, systematically oppress them, openly prosecute them and deny them equal rights for hundreds of years. They didn't have a KKK in Africa burning down successful black towns and lynching people just because they're black.

>Yeah, and neither did French people. "Nigger" is a specifically Anglo-English word. This doesn't mean no one can get mad if Louisiana rednecks bandy it about.

What did he mean by this. Look, you should probably get some sleep because youre not making any sense. Not that you did in the first place.

you aren't even trying nigga

>Africans didn't have superiority complexes over other Africans because of their skin color, systematically oppress them, openly prosecute them and deny them equal rights for hundreds of years
You've already said this, I've already addressed it. That was how we got to this point in the conversation. Nothing productive is going to come if we're just going to go in circles.

>Did I say slavery is the end all be all of African American history or did I say Africans are just as responsible for slavery as Europeans?

At this point given you already knew I had said that this is less going in circles and more deliberately misrepresenting my point.

>What did he mean by this
As you rightly pointed out Africans did not call each other "niggers", not least of all because they didn't speak English.
I'm pointing out that the French, who were among the most prolific European slavers and who's colony in Louisiana would continue to keep Africans as slaves up until the end of the American civil war, didn't call Africans "niggers" either. Because of course they didn't, they speak fucking French. This does not make it okay for Francophones to say "nigger" nor does it make any difference to their historical role in transatlantic slavery. It's just a dumb semantic argument.

>I'm gonna respond to your points by saying I already responded to your points, and blame you for me talking in circles!

Whatever dude. At this point you're ignoring what I have to say, pretending you've addressed points when you haven't and are trying to compare apples and oranges. You're on levels of retardation I can't bother with right now.

What about the dutch and their use of the word "neger"?

If black musicians have a problem with white people using a racial slur to sing along to their music, then maybe they should stop using said slur in their music. If they want to keep using "nigga" that's fine, but don't be surprised when your ignorant white suburban fans start to mimic you.

>AFRICANS COULDN'T CALL EACH OTHER NIGGERS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T SPEAK ENGLISH
>I CAN SPEAK ENGLISH
>SO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SAY NIGGER

Lol What even is this logic?

>at his concerts

White people are literally afraid of saying a word as if just speaking a word effects the world at all

You are exactly correct, it's the black people who didn't grow up around other blacks trying to represent them.

>If you as a so-called fan of black media can't respect that some people wouldn't find favor in you saying the word, then you're no different than the racist whites who actually said nigger in the first place.
I can respect it but I just don’t think it’s a realistic demand, and the demand isn’t respectful of the way that not-black individuals wish to pay their own kind of tribute to it, and this is being justified by claiming that the ways these individuals are a product of these historical factors is reason enough for them to not partake in it as they wish, This removes from the bigger picture the fact that this context is not an actual creation of these individuals of the present, and also eliminates any focus on the ways that black people are equally focused on white cultural standards, which they themselves have adapted for their own significances. The fact that black people do this out of a need for resilience and that it is the normative way for making significance due to the culture’s history of opression is fine, but this perspective is used as an excuse for justifying exclusion of cultures with different norms of creating significance and therefore whom have different interpretations and constructs of meaning when approaching black culture. Of course this factor of black culture as well as its circumstances as a whole should be duly appreciated, but for black individuals within this type of culture to think it’s okay to exclude white/non-black individuals on the basis of being of a different in-group is a form of ignorance (that only now is harmful to the point of relevance, though it still serves a function important and essential enough to merit continued use of) being justified by an existent cultural norm of being oppressed.
And that all being said, allotting this much power to individual words and labels and being fixated on this is a harmful precedent.
Also I’m not a fan particularly but I can see the case for one.

>It's a term similar to "dude" or "bro" that tries to take impact and power away from the slur so that racist white people would say it less since they saw it didn't offend them.
What?

This whole thing came about from a video showing Brockhampton talking to some white person at the concert and telling them how it isn't okay for them to say it.

Was it just some normal random white fan or was it like some over adamant argutive MRA type motherfucker

This is how majority of rap is and has been for ages, nigga.

Why are you stupid dumb niggers so offended by literally everything

notice how project pat uses "mang"
memphis rap was the true kingz
youtube.com/watch?v=HIONsz7vN74