3. Vancouver, Canada
4. Toronto, Canada
5. (tie) Calgary, Canada
5. (tie) Adelaide, Australia
7. Perth, Australia
8. Auckland, New Zealand
9. Helsinki, Finland
10. Hamburg, Germany

Perth, Auckland, Calgary, are you kiding me? Who would want to live there over actually good cities like Stockholm or Rome

Not sure about Stockholm but Rome is a great place to visit, wouldn't want to live there though.

I'm in melbourne and we still have our problems but I'm happy here.

Also
>no subway
>no architecture
>mix of scyscrappers with suburban homes

>good city

I lived in Calgary for 2 years and it barely qualifies as a city.

Rome is a god-awful city, really, it is worse than some African cities.

Stockholm is liveable unlike Rome but a shitty housing situation doesn't help.

>Rome
>good city

Anyone know where sydney was? I hope it was beaten by Mogadishu or something

It was 11 iirc

These rankings use metrics aimed at upper middle class professionals with kids. So these are the cleanest, safest, most commutable, etc. Not necessarily the most fun or interesting. Not that they are bad, but if you want to whinge come up with your own metrics first

>Hamburg
ahahahahahaha

Adelaide is a bit like that as well

anything not in europe or on the east coast of US is disqualified automatically for being a zillion miles away from everything important

Mulbourne doesnt have scenic old districts like pic related while most european cities have something like this

yeah it's a great thing you guys get everything important like hordes of migrants arriving in boats every day, lucky europeans

Yeah but just to do with taste, doesn't necessarily effect livability.

>most commutable
>Calgary
Whoever gathers data to compute those metrics or designs the formula is retarded. Calgary has the most fucked up bus routes imaginable. One time I had to guide the bus driver because she got lost.

>she
Found your problem

Perth is literally paradise on earth

literally who gives a fuck

I could go live in an old district in Romania and be fucking miserable or I could live happily in a city that has been around for only 200 years

Also Kiev is in top 10 worst cities. Of course its poor but how can you call it among the worst third world cities?

Reminder:
If you chose to live in the "cultural" containment zones that are modern cities by choice neck urself.

Hmm. I heard on here a few times Perth is shit & boring af.

From people who have never been to Perth I'm sure

It has the best weather in the country, the most laid back locals and still has a small town feel where everyone knows everyone despite being a city of 2 million.

Australia has a lot of great cities, but I have absolutely no desire to live anywhere else

Don't you get hordes of chinese and other asian people too?

Yeah but they bring their money

you are all fucking young kids, am an oldfag and know you don't give a shit to fucking the Economist crap lists

they work hard and some of them (vietnamese particularly) assimilate very well

>live in middle America
>doesn't get culturally enriched
Feels good man

Yeah but aren't the chinese raising up housing prices or something like that? I don't know what they do specifically, but i don't think it was a good thing.

Calm down

Are there any girls here?

ASL please

that's overseas investors in the Sydney property market, not actual migrants
other cities are generally fine

Whats the point in living in a middle of nowhere? Only autist would want that

Sort of, it's really because of the housing bubble - real estate agents expect high demand in Melbourne and Sydney so they raise the selling price a fuckton. There is high demand in China because Chinese parents believe that their kids would be better off being educated in Australia.

Calgary has 2 above ground LRT lines. Berlin has huge underground subway, huge above ground urban rail, trams, bike lanes etc. there is a station with like 3 floors for different kind of rail transport. how can they even compete

>Auckland
WRONG

Also because you cannot own land in China. You lease it from the government for ~70 years.

Stockholm sucks senpai

Fuck this gommie city

list is shit, kiev is awesome