Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kCDsrIToBMQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. They did not.

/thread

no they got old and lazy

Is /threading ourselves now the new norm

no

no because they never hit the appropriate amount of praise they deserve from the mainstream.
pitchfork reviews are one thing, normies listening to them on the radio is another.

would you rather they samefag or save everyones time and do it in their own post?

/threading yourself is so pants on head retarded how are you even defending it?
the writer of the post doesn't dictate its weight in the thread, the other posters do.

how's kindergarten? I head you guys got to the letter "f" recently

yeah, "f" for "ur mom gay"

Ok, you know what? I DON'T CARE IF IT'S SOY!!! Fine. Fine, I'm a soyboy. I don't care. Yes, Animal Collective is soy and I'm soy for liking them. Oh well. Soy revolution!!!!!

No, the direction they were naturally heading towards was just something more accessible, and they absolutely excelled at that with MPP and Fall Be Kind. From then on though they seemed to have lost something though.

seen this copy pasta big bitch

This album isn't nearly as poppy and accessible as we'd like to think. Try playing anything off this for any of your normie friends and you'll see what I'm talking about. My Girls, Summertime Clothes, Blueish, doesn't matter. It's just not bland enough for the general population.

I think they did to a degree. I think this album had a bit to much commecial success so instead of continuing to be creative they stuck to the same formula

this is literally the next album they released afterwards:

youtube.com/watch?v=kCDsrIToBMQ

Yeah they definitely kept going for that mainstream market lol

I think they were scared of the success. Scared that they'd alienate their core fanbase that stuck with them over so many years by ushering in waves of normie scum. So they made CHz.

Yeah and it got panned critticaly, I think that's what really put the nail in the coffin. Painting With sounds like a shitty version of MPP and I think it was just them trying to play it safe

yeah, I've made the mistake of playing this at work

Fake News?

>On Metacritic, the album has a score of 75 out of 100, indicating "generally favorable reviews."[

That's pretty low for them. Them getting a 7.4 from pitchfork was a pretty big deal on Sup Forums at the time

Sleep Cycle, Meeting of the Waters and Eucalyptus show that they still have it in them though. They just need to kick PB out of the band already. His solo material just keeps getting worse and worse and all of his tracks on PW were the worst tracks on the album.

Painting With has extremely intricate melodies and was hated on too much imo. Obviously the focus of the album was the complexities of hocketed melodies, of course there was gonna be less emphasis on instrumentation and production (which I thought they did really well with most the time) because busy production wouldn't work well with how busy the vocal melodies were

Yeah I agree. I doubt they'll ever get rid of panda bear tho him and avey pretty much lead the band

Eucalyptus has like 3 good songs and the rest is fucking garbage ass bullshit from Avey. Slasher flicks sucks too, PB solo stuff is vastly better and more consistent than anything Avey Tare has put out. I feel like they balance each other out in the band tho because Panda Bear refines the large amount of bullshit Avey tare comes up with and Avey comes up with experimental shit to add to what would otherwise be kinda dull Panda Bear written songs

Here too. 'What a shit music you listen to' 'i can make that noises'

Yeah but with Strawberry Jam, not MPP.