No other film can even come close to showcasing the degeneracy of drug use. Prove me wrong

No other film can even come close to showcasing the degeneracy of drug use. Prove me wrong.

Protip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

exiledonline.com/david-foster-wallace-portrait-of-an-infinitely-limited-mind/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aronofsky did one that was pretty good it had that guy from Pi in it.

Heroin is bad but Coke and Weed are fine. And honestly Heroin is only really bad if you shoot it. Doing it in bumps here and there isn't that bad at all.

>coke is fine
'no'

Wrong

You've never even seen coke in person, let alone tried it.

What makes you believe coke is fine?

>ass to ass
>young qt Jared
I love this movie.

really made me think

If used in moderation, like alcohol, you can be a perfectly productive and functional member of society.

melodramatic horseshit

>hey guys don't do drugs or you'll get raped in prison, have your arm cut off, end up dildoing yourself at a party for drug dealers, and go through electroshock therapy

literally worse than Reefer Madness

and all you've had is piddling shit that's mostly baby laxative.

desu every drug can become addictive and harm you in its own way.

fucking kek. well if you put it that way...

That movie is so cheap and disposable.

It just dramatizes the horrors of drug abuse to the point of hyperbole. It's a simple message picture, the intellectual equivalent of a PSA that I'm sure is shown in many high school classrooms by lazy teachers.

It's a well-made movie but it barely lingers in the mind because it doesn't give the issue the necessary complexity. Even a movie like World's End is more interesting as a statement on addiction because it explores the mentality of addiction through metaphor and allegory while also tackling the issue head on. Requiem is far too literal minded to make a lasting impact.

>AHHS TO AHHS

Very well written.

Found the junkie.

lmao

t. drug user

people exhibit addict behavior on all three
you'll be a slave to the drug moron

Pure kino, but doesn't quite square up in " showcasing the degeneracy of drug use"
that baby dying scene was fucking brutal though

Used to sell coke and fucking hated it after a while

Weed is fine to sell, there's always plenty of it and no one tries to fuck you over or rob you

you're only a slave to yourself tb.h

it's always funny seeing how people who didn't even get near their parents meds cabinet talk about drug addiction

i would argue it glamourises drug use

Wasn't it portrayed rather positively?

As someone with high functioning alcoholism I will say that this movie isn't very good. It's a shallow atrocity exhibition that I doubt does very much good for anyone except people who have very little familiarity with addiction.

Heroin is literally the safest drug on earth. You know nothing. Heroin is literally morphine with an extra molecule attached, they are interchangeable, except for dosage.

With like 99% of the illicit drugs out there, they are illegal because they are not known and scared, this forces the drug underground, which in turn makes it unsafe.

There is literally no safer drug than heroin/morphine, when done correctly.

No, I've never done heroin, MDMA is probably the 'hardest' drug I've done, you need to know your facts though.

>coke in moderation

I spent the last month doing nothing but hanging out with a bunch of cokeheads and doing coke and smoking weed.
You havent seen a real cokehead until youre driving one home from donating plasma for cash and hes stupid enough to try and get you to do a bump while youre driving 70 down the highway.
Coke is fine if you can moderate yourself but thats the same for any other drug except for the really hardcore shit. Anyway, coke is still bad for most people.

Still a boring movie

Heroin, like most street drugs, is dangerous because dealers mix shit in with it like elephant tranquilizer.

Pretty sure most people dont think of shuffling from dingy hovel to hovel to shoot up and stealing shit as "glamorous".
Really the only romantic thing is they somehow get a one in a million chance to turn a profit of those magical russians and even then, i think it shows how badly it can go.
Overall it matches my experience doing coke
Hanging out with assholes i dont really like and only tolerate for drugs
But i can still see your point.

did you reply to my post just so you could brag about doing coke?

heroin may have low neurotoxicity levels, but this doesn't make it a "safe drug"

I feel that this is what you were trying to convey, but you just went too far with it

when you talk about "safe drugs" you should also bring up its addictive potential

>you will never be a young academic at the turn of the 20th century and buy cocaine from your corner drugstore and spend 16 hours a day doing bumps, drinking coffee & smoking unfiltered cigarettes while you read books, work on your writings, & sharpen your wits against your colleague in rousing intellectual conversation and then take a dose of legal heroin as a sleep aid.

Trainspotting is a million times better.

Heaven Knows What is pretty good. It's a smaller story and less heavy handed.

It's more of an honest portrayal because it shows the good and the bad sides of it.

It did both.

>but doesn't quite square up in " showcasing the degeneracy of drug use"

That's the point, it's more honest.

>that baby dying scene was fucking brutal though

Yes, more so than anything in *epic violin meme music* the movie.

you fell for a meme
exiledonline.com/david-foster-wallace-portrait-of-an-infinitely-limited-mind/
glazov is a shit writer, but the part about protestantism is accurate
>Heroin is literally the safest drug on earth.
this, there's another decent exile piece on this. opiates are easy to sink into and get stuck on, especially if your life is shit, but it's near impossible to die on them unless you're buying from an unregulated market or pause use and misjudge your tolerance

His other stuff is much better desu