You will see baseball overtake the NFL in your lifetime

>you will see baseball overtake the NFL in your lifetime

Is this what Trump meant when he said he'd make America great again?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.gallup.com/poll/1696/baseball.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

good thread, you tried

Furpuck will undoubtedly do it

Fuck of grandad

*off :(

SEETHING

>mfw hockey/baseball alliance

only 2 good sports left desu

This

says the football trip

About the time baseball get popular again they'll have another strike which will destroy it for generations again

nothing juiced balls and steroids can't fix

>mfw Kap was actually working for the MLB all along

checked

good alliance

>Is this what Trump meant when he said he'd make America great again?
if so, he's got my vote

Comfy as fuck but we some Canadian teams that aren't >toronto

AL East
Toronto
NYY
Boston
Baltimore

AL South
Texas
Houston
Tampa
KC

AL North
Chicago White Sox
Detroit
Cleveland
Pedosota

AL West
LAA
Oakland
Seattle
Vancouver

NL East
Montreal
NYM
Washington
Philly

NL North
Pittsburgh
Chicago Cubs
Cincinnati
Milwaukee

NL South
Miami
St. Louis
Atlanta
Colorado (yeah >south)

NL West
Arizona
LAD
SF
SD

>you will see baseball overtake the NFL in your lifetime
Yes we will.

He can ask for this if he wants, truth is, Drumpf and the rest of his dingles are gonna lose their shit when they find out Babe Ruth was black.

Good documentary, good sport, good post. Baseball and hockey are the only two real sports left.

>In the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft, Kaepernick was drafted in the 43rd round by the Chicago Cubs.[13]

Tebow is paving the way for ex-NFLers fed up with getting concussed
Johnny Baseball Manziel was also drafted

sports are dead to me now

just another rat race

bullshit roided fakers and gayer rules every fucking year

Good thread. I should start watching baseball.

Too bad the tigers are tanking.

It'll be tough. The massive advantage the NFL has always had over baseball is the limited supply of games. This will always position the NFL and football itself as a "premium sport."

Baseball also does need to address pace of play a bit (not length of games, a 4 hour high scoring baseball game that's played snappily seems to fly by). Pitchers take too long, batters step out to adjust their gloves every pitch, excessive mound meetings, excessive pitching changes (I'm okay with relief pitching, adds tactical diversity, but let's not cut to commercial and no warm up pitches on the mound). Bringing in a relief pitcher should take no longer than 30 seconds.

The average 4-3 baseball game should be around 2:40, about the same time as an NBA game.

Hope it happens. I like all our major sports, but baseball is the most well designed (i.e. no clock, etc).

Shorten the season a bit

Realign the leagues into East and West again so there can be pennant races (I don't care how they do it just fucking do it, that was exciting as hell in the 90s)

hockey blows

>hockey blows

So does baseball

Just throw soccer into the mix for the Shit Trifecta

The (legal) North American's (sans Mexico) sporting taste should be (in no order):

baseball/hockey/college football/golf/boxing/fuck soccer

Can I substitute CFL for college hockey? I don't want to bandwagon some school I've never attended

Soon Sup Forums.

>you will see baseball AND handegg die in your lifetime

ICE hasn't gotten you yet, Paco?

>and heeere's the pitch
>and it's a ball on the outside joe
>ahh yes you can tell he was just testing to see if the batter was going to swing bob
>and here's the batter, jason rodriguez, stepping back into the box
>he does his usual 5 practice swings
>touches the corners of homeplate 5 times with his bat
>up-down-left-right with his fingers accross his chest
>now, the pitcher matt smith takes to the mound
>dusts his hands with powder
>grinds the ball between his hands
>kicks his feet against the mound to remove the dirt
>now matt's leaning in to get the pitch sign from the catcher
>no, no, no, no, yes
>okay bob he's found a pitch he likes, he begins the windup
>and the batter calls time!
>now we're back to him touching the corner 5 times
>in the mean time we'll take a moment to have a word from our sponsor!

Baseball has always been and always will be the more appealing sport. Just compare the two crowds and you'll see why. NFL is full of drunken inbred losers and MLB is families and young professionals.

MLB has the oldest fanbase of any major sport, over half are 55+

Participation in youth baseball leagues dropped 41% from 2002 to 2013

the problem with a pitch clock and making the game fast paced is that baseball doesn't end until a winner is declared. and more offense equals longer games. pitching is about trying to fool someone with your body movements and it requires a ridiculous level of concentration to be consistent against 20+ batters.

>mfw

t. nigger

>>>Reddit

More offense is fun though

No pitch clock, but get rid of the pitcher's mound

The pitch clock should be like chess or curling. Your team has X minutes of pitch time per game and you have to manage it. Every run scored against you grants you an extra 90s, every extra inning grants you an extra 270s. Not sure what the penalty would be.

i hope the CIA is reading this thread, because you two are obviously Russian spies.

>a canadian that doesn't blindly love baseball is a russian spy

A FUCKING LEAF

>mfw only football I've watched all year was Oklahoma/Ohio State and my brothers shitty D3 games
Absolutely unthinkable a few years ago. Watching near meaningless beisbol games tomorrow over NFL

>Participation in youth baseball leagues dropped 41% from 2002 to 2013

As of 2016:

>Baseball and softball combined to rank as the most participated team sport in 2016, according to the annual report by the Sports & Fitness Industry Association, a leader in sports participation research.

Graph from 2015. Baseball and softball's participation decline has actually been less than other big sports.

None of that rebuts my point. Cheers

Which point? The baseball is dying meme?

Again, you'll see participation has declined less than basketball and soccer, so called sports of the youth. Overall participation (in baseball and softball. Remember, girls play the same versions of soccer and basketball, while girls play softball instead of baseball) ranks higher than any sport.

The average viewership age comes from citing ESPN national broadcasts. Most fans watch their teams on the regional networks.

I didn't compare decline in youth baseball leagues to any other leagues. But for kids aged 7 to 17 it did decline 41% from 2002 to 2013.

And baseball has the oldest fan base among major sports

Softball isn't baseball btw

dat hockey growth

Your "point" actually just got completely exposed

How?

It's simple, push your kid to play little league & then when he's a man (fifteen) he can play wargames ie. handegg.

Not so fast granmps

mexicans like NFL more than MLB though

>But for kids aged 7 to 17 it did decline 41% from 2002 to 2013.

Were you just stating a fact or trying to draw a conclusion from this fact?

Big reason for the decline (and it didn't just happen in baseball) is the rise of specialization. Kids now focus on one sport, when it used to be baseball, football, basketball, and soccer for many kids year around. Then add into that the rise of online gaming and such.

>And baseball has the oldest fan base among major sports

I'm well aware of those articles, and they draw from ESPN ratings. Baseball fans in large part do not watch ESPN broadcasts. They watch a regional network.

Softball isn't baseball, but's related and the fans cross over. And it's germane to this comparison because girls play the same version of basketball and soccer while only boys play baseball and girls play softball, so you can't compare baseball participation straight up to basketball's.

based wings

>Kids now focus on one sport, when it used to be baseball, football, basketball, and soccer for many kids year around. Then add into that the rise of online gaming and such.
In other words they prefer other activities to baseball

>I'm well aware of those articles, and they draw from ESPN ratings.
Nielsen ratings kek

>Softball isn't baseball, but's related and the fans cross over. And it's germane to this comparison
Well then why did you bring it up

>In other words they prefer other activities to baseball

Yeah, so much so it's still the most popular sport among youth, with soccer, football and basketball declining at a higher percentage over the past 6 years.

>Nielsen ratings kek

Kek. Exactly.

>Well then why did you bring it up

Should be obvious.

>Hmm yes a 41% drop in youth participation in your sport is nothing to worry about
>Hmm yes Nielsen only counts ESPN
>Hmm yes some equally retarded point about softball

Better luck in the future mate

Baseball is really cool imo, its got easily the best apps and internet and best food. If this helps Americans rediscover Baseball, then I think it was great to ruin the NFL.

I'm just here testing muh AR on my iPhone and loving it.

>you will see the death of cable and satellite television, Hollywood, and the NFL in the next decade

I'm really excited

Assuming your country doesn't get nuked first.

t. D'Quantrelle Niggalicious Washington III

That would just accelerate it

>>Hmm yes a 41% drop in youth participation in your sport is nothing to worry about

You didn't compare any other sports over that time frame. Also, trends change. Your citing data from 4 years ago. Over the past 6 years, however, a more recent trend, baseball/softball's participation has declined less than basketball, soccer, football, volleyball, etc.

>Hmm yes Nielsen only counts ESPN

This is the data you're citing.

Median, "ESPN."

>Hmm yes some equally retarded point about softball

The point isn't retarded, Paco. What doesn't your brain get about the fact girls don't play baseball in general? What's retarded is comparing basketball and soccer participation (both played by girls) to baseball (generally only played by boys).

I already demonstrated why boreball is in peril. You failed to convince me otherwise.

Better luck in the future

By referencing studies from 4 years ago? Lol

Let's look more recently, Paco.

Soccer participation has declined 26%.

Baseball is about even with basketball at 25%.

Like I said, rise of specialization.

Here's a gallup poll trend:

news.gallup.com/poll/1696/baseball.aspx

Baseball fandom has actually gained 4 points over 20 years.

I'm sorry, but you had your chance to convince me I was wrong and you failed to do so.

Use this as a learning opportunity

Luckily baseball, much like hockey, is the type of sport where players sort this sort of thing out among themselves. He'll catch a fastball to the ribs over this soon enough

Hockey/baseball/soccer alliance

>game cockfighting will become a national sport in your lifetime

This is the true alliance

A

Baseball needs another Ty Cobb