What do you think about The Golden Compass movie Sup Forums?

What do you think about The Golden Compass movie Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3FoG1P0uU60&t=346s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good cast but they ruined the ending

they cut out the climactic battle and the ending in anticipation of sequels, so the story literally just stops.

it's also the movie that bankrupted new line. i have a lot of loathing for it.

Should've done better. Source material was good desu, I liked those books

God she got so fucking fine.

garbo movie based on garbo books

One of many would be Harry Potters that were not.

FUCK

I want to suckle the milk from her tits

I like it.

The overall cast was good and /ll/ subtext in it is nice

What did he mean by this?

Visual was cool, good cast, the story is mostly average, but acceptable IMO.

t.non-book reader

Never saw it.

Books were good, this was awful.

Perfect cast but poor pacing and of course the butchered ending

>This movie beat Transformers for the Oscar in best visual effects
How?

Narnia for atheists. It was garbage relative to the first Narnia. I say that as an atheist.

awesome armoured polar bear bursting through a church door vs shitty robot transformation sequences

Netflix adaptation when?

Bad bait.

>Lyra
>is a liar
really makes you think...

>attacking Christianity and belief with mythical symbolism

Yeah I don't get this either. It's practically Paganism for the sake of being edgy to the religious.

Not Netflix, but the BBC is planning to make a new adaptation of the novel. Haven't heard anything from them however since its announced.

B-but it had my man Sam innit, with a based bun.
Also I was pleasently surprised that they kept in the scene of the polar bear getting his block literally knocked off.

I didn't say the themes were necessarily garbage. I said the movie as a whole was garbage.

Incredible.

>Shitty
More like action kino
youtube.com/watch?v=3FoG1P0uU60&t=346s

Its still grossed for about $370 million, and bankrupted New Line all the same. I am not sure how much the movie should have grossed.

>action kino
I barely can identify/follow who is fighting who in the mid of those confusing CGI shrapnel flying around. And i said this as someone who liked the third movie.

I did not have this problem, grandpa.

edgelord version of Narnia

>The "I can't tell which robot is which in Bayformer movies' meme
>Also, liking 3 more than the first

Stop

dakota used to be a such qt. shame about those saggy tits.

The whole entire cast was pretty damm good user.

Also I always forget eva green was in this movie

if you believe the $180 million budget new line copped to then another $40 million in north america would have covered the negative cost, but it's certain it cost much more, and then there's P&A, backend, amortization, etc. etc.

new line was already hurting, it's just that an expensive flop like the golden compass was the killing blow.

and yet retards still think we'll get sequels to tron legacy and warcraft.

Left or right?

Wasted potential. They could have had something great but the studio wanted to play it safe, and multiple directors led to a muddled final product.

>no blood because think of the children
>can't have anything blatantly anti-Christian because then groups might boycott us (they did anyways)
>let's just cut out the whole ending because a child dying isn't family friendly

They should have owned the controversy and stuck to their guns. Sure, it would have been riskier, but it would have led to a much more memorable film, and probably would have been more successful. Hopefully the upcoming BBC show will be better.

We are not likely to get Tron Legacy (even though Disney can get away with one or two flops), but don't Warcraft already get a sequel in development thanks to China?

i liked it. its one of the few movies iv watched, where i actually became interested in the source material, because of the movie.
the movie was a bit of a hot mess, it was all over the place. i presume because they wanted to work so much in, they had to have alot of location transitions

two important things i want to mention though
1. the Magisterium member with the snake daemon had a fucking young corn snake as his. thats like a 50 year old man having a 6 month old puppy
2. apparently lyras daemon was supposed to change shape all the fucking time. which seems like a useful and interesting ability for a protag, considering virtually none of them do that anymore at her age. they just said fuck it
and im going to add a 3. dakota blue richards was a pretty good actress for a kid. nothing to write about, but kids are usually a bit shit. she also grew up to be fine as hell, so i wish she ended up with more jobs

She is a titty monster now

That term turns me on.

fucking jesus

WTF I love atheism now!

mother of god

there must be more

This is shopped

Prove it

All I remember is that polar bear knocking off that other bear's jaw.

Where's the guy who is still angry that it won best VFX over Transformers in 2007? I love that guy.

It's actually not.

I thought that at first but look at these suckers A corset/push up bra could do that. Don't you want to believe?

So this is what happens when you roll a nat 100 at character creation

As an angsty teenager, His Dark Materials were probably my favorite books. Really left a lasting impression on me, and I deeply, deeply regret seeing the movie - fortunately it was so forgettable that I don't even remember most of it.

Beyond the fact that it was cartoonishly bad, of course.

I liked the bit where the bear fucking ripped the throat out of the other bear

It was brutal and out of place in the movie and it was great

This was such a good movie, why didn't they finish making the movies!?