Who is the most overrated artist of all time?

Who is the most overrated artist of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pRJKHS9WE0M
youtu.be/1-LtUA5er_M
youtube.com/watch?v=CKhaE_zi1hA
youtube.com/watch?v=DnO7ywMPbJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=q0zxbRYu_2g
youtube.com/watch?v=MCzTXmKFnnE
mtv.com/news/505514/oasis-cancel-rest-of-u-s-tour/
youtube.com/watch?v=dVvkVKK8F50
youtu.be/JaivjJ4qzcs
youtube.com/watch?v=1FwV-jHNk1I
youtube.com/watch?v=zHcJvwSHkt8
youtube.com/watch?v=WaR_RJiBk3M
youtube.com/watch?v=aoFQUiuoDM8
youtube.com/watch?v=MarlGGCxw04
youtube.com/watch?v=n9S5XKbIbCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

John Cage

Mozart

Bowie

Kanye West
Stockhausen
Gerard Way
Chopin

What is this from?

kanye west, not even close.

Not quite.
Further proof that Mozart is underrated.
Possibly.
Yes, Yes, No, No

What, he's been working relentlessly for 200 hundred years, he deserves all the fame he got.

i have no respect for the gallagher brothers, much less for liam, they're only good for banter
why do people take him seriously in 2018?

Bjork

Fuck no.

Saturday Night Live

Eminem

How this that possible? Oasis was never popular in America.

This, she's god awful

Best artist to debut since the year 2000

Stop this meme. Wonderwall, Live Forever, Champagne Supernova and Don't Look Back In Anger were huge.

thank you for making my point.

Nick Drake

Bullshit

Not my fault you can't appreciate his genius

Oh what instrument does he play?

>you have to play an instrument to be a good artist
lmao

t-shirt

Huge in sales, sure. What has to do with music quality again?

>Wonderwall
#10 Top 40 pop, #1 modern rock, #9 mainstream rock, #8 Hot 100

>Live Forever
#39 Hot 100 airplay, #2 modern rock, #10 mainstream rock, Oasis' first MTV hit

>Champagne Supernova
#10 Top 40 pop, #1 modern rock, #8 mainstream rock, #20 Hot 100 airplay

>Don't Look Back in Anger
#40 Hot 100 airplay, #5 modern rock, #30 mainstream rock, #30 Top 40 pop

Fucking idiots. If you can't play an instrument at all, then you're not a musician. If you have to rely on liberating other people's original art to make your one-dimensional pop music, then you're not an artist at all.

Daily reminder that Kanye West is an absolute idiot and doesn't know the first thing about art.
>INB4 BUCKLEY
Fuck off. He's 100% correct. If you actually watch the video and stop being close minded, you would know his points are completely valid. Kanye is a farce.
youtu.be/pRJKHS9WE0M
youtu.be/1-LtUA5er_M

so wonderwall was their only REAL hit, gotcha

Are you stupid? This post was arguing that "Oasis was never popular in America," which is a lie. They weren't arguing about their critical acclaim or quality of their music. Popularity ≠ quality. And even so, Oasis has received plenty of critical acclaim alongside popularity.

Lennon

Bound 2 is unironically great
YouTube personalities are all cancer
Kanye is Jesus and I support him as a candidate

Bruce Sprongstein

>be given countless opportunities to break America
>you allow your lunatic singer to sabotage every single one of those opportunities
>then wonder why you never really caught on in America

youtube.com/watch?v=CKhaE_zi1hA
youtube.com/watch?v=DnO7ywMPbJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=q0zxbRYu_2g
youtube.com/watch?v=MCzTXmKFnnE
mtv.com/news/505514/oasis-cancel-rest-of-u-s-tour/

Why should I trust the words of a dilettante who unironically enjoys Kanye?

buckley is funny
he has some good videos

youtube.com/watch?v=dVvkVKK8F50

>Kanye is Jesus and I support him as a candidate
youtu.be/JaivjJ4qzcs

Maybe if you're not into rock music at all. The 00s had some good rock acts.

>smosh
just no

I agree that it is Oasis

Radiohead

youtube.com/watch?v=1FwV-jHNk1I
youtube.com/watch?v=zHcJvwSHkt8
youtube.com/watch?v=WaR_RJiBk3M
youtube.com/watch?v=aoFQUiuoDM8

This was broadcast live, all across Europe, right as it was happening.

Not to mention's Liam's voice was already declining at that stage. What was the point of keeping him in the band?

I mean to be fair, the tide was already turning against alternative rock in the states, so Oasis probably would have been cast out of the mainstream pop world by 2000-ish anyway unless they majorly reinvented themselves.

But still, DLBIA was almost as big as WW and CS, but all the backlash during the US tour caused radio DJs to stop playing it completely.

And then they were given another shot a year later, but their comeback single was Liam's vocals gone full nasal-mode on top of a fucking 8 minute long coked out post-grunge-influenced pile of shit that ripped off the Wonderwall chord progression. And the album that followed was even worse and more bloated.

Yet some of the songs had decent hit potential, but got totally fucked up during the recording process:
youtube.com/watch?v=MarlGGCxw04
youtube.com/watch?v=n9S5XKbIbCI

Kanye West

The Beatles

Radiohead
The National
Black Flag
Slowdive

I'm still living in a world where I think the only people sucking Kanye's dick are retarded teenagers. It's weird seeing him in a discussion about most overrated.

AC/DC suck shit, Sex Pistols suck shit.

>I think the only people sucking Kanye's dick are retarded teenagers
This is basically true

One hit wonders

This definitely got aired in the states too. On some cable channel... Muchmusic US?

Jay-Z.

God you're cancer

Good opinion

>dude lets name all of the most popular artists of the last decade lol

Kendrick Lamar

elvis is objectively the king and the best. if you disagree you're wrong.

Any rapper i'd say.

Bob Dylan

>Stockhausen
Why? You're not making a point. Do you realize how ridiculously difficult and time consuming was attempting to record electronic music in his time? His compositional techniques weren't explored by his contemporaries (Gesang der Junglinge for example). Kontakte has a 700 page long score. I could go on. Make a case for it.

>Bob Dylan
Make a case for it. Who else contributed as much to folk music and literary, lyrical qualities of folk and music in general of his contemporaries? Townes Van Zandt is someone so criminally underrated and underappreciated to the point of relative obscurity. If there's another candidate for Nobel prize in literature, as far as singer-songwriters are concerned, he is next on the list.

Ha

>Ha
Great argument, surely convinced me that Bob Dylan is garbage, thanks. Why am I even attempting to have a genuine conversation on this sad excuse for a board?

faggot

Townes is great. I think Nobel’s are handed out more for influence than for inherent talent or product. Personally I like Townes music more than Dylan but I realize the impact was different. Townes wasn’t even about that kind of recognition. He sang from his heart and is remembered similarly to the way he lived, through word of mouth and cult recognition

Nope