Bulking Up for The Dark Knight Rises' Bane Damaged Tom Hardy's Body

Hardy told The Daily Beast, while doing press for his new eight-part television series Taboo. "I don’t want to give too much away about it, but there’s definitely a transformation with that role. I don’t know if it’s as drastic as Bane. I’ve probably damaged my body too much. I’m only little! If I keep putting on weight I’ll collapse like a house of cards under too much pressure."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dZW5qyc2g6U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He became a big guy for us.

This

Gaining weight in a short amount of time is taxing for the body user.

Hardy literally became noticeably fat for the role.

And he wasn't even that big, memes aside. He was a pretty pathetic Bane desu. They should have found someone with the proper body type for the role instead of just going for a well-known actor.

>I got knocked out by Shia LaBeouf, actually. In Wettest County, apparently. Behind the scenes. No, he did. He knocked me out sparko. Out cold. He's a bad, bad boy. He is. He's quite intimidating as well. He's a scary dude. He just attacked me. He was drinking moonshine. I was wearing a cardigan, and er, went down. I woke up in Pnut's arms. [Pnut is Hardy's personal trainer.] He was concerned for me. I was like, ‘What was that? It was lightning fast.' And he said, ‘That was Shia.' I said, ‘Fuckin' hell. Can we go home now?' ‘No, we've still got three weeks to finish.'

What did he mean by this?

he meant that Shia Labluff is Lawless™

Shia is a bad, bag dude.

>I’m only little!
for you

>fat
big

>I’m only little!
>littlefinger

P O E T R Y

is this fucking marketing? are you shias agent

Didn't they end up dubbing his voice after the screening of the opening scene? If they were willing to do that they should have gotten someone like The Rock to play Bane and then just dub the voice.

Either way, it shows Nolan wasn't in the mood to make TDKR. He could have done better if he wasn't so busy re-using the same actors in all his movies.

They just upped his volume on the mixer, I don't think the redubbed.

he said he redubbed it

They're set pictures of Hardy shirtless on TDKR and you can see major backnee and chestnee everywhere on him. The dude definitely used gear for the role, he's probably talking about the side effects from that.

>big guy
>actually a little guy

wtf he is tiny....Thats me looking at weights level of progress.

I went to the screening of the plane scene (my god I was one of the first people to see that fucking scene) and Hardy's voice was barely intelligible, it had to have been dubbed over.

>The dude definitely used gear for the role

Don't all male actors used roids?

>you're a big guy
>For you
>What's the next step of your master plan?
>i was actually a little guy all along

Yeah you couldn't understand him at all before the redub.
youtu.be/dZW5qyc2g6U

I also heard something about Heath Ledger's "The Joker™" being so loved because he was very very open and exposed. I remember reading about people feeling "turned off" by Hardy's Bane™ because the mask.

>The mask distanced the antagonist from the viewer.
>The mask kept Bane from being relatable
>The mask kept Bane at a distance
>The mask
>The mask

>my god I was one of the first people to see that fucking scene
We'll, at least one of the first people who lived.

I couldn't understand him at all after the redub.

NO you stupid fuck! in the comics Bane has bad acne too, Nolan was just being faithful to the original source

is Shia the greatest actor of our time?

we don't know yet. lots of time left

clocks ticking. tick fucking tock motherfucker.

It was extremely painful.

It's ridiculous they have to play coy with the steroid use.

It'd solve a lot of unrealistic expectation from both women and men if this was talked about openly.

damn...

Why is it a big deal if they use roids? They're actors not athletes

But nobody cared who he was until he put on the weight.

Somebody think of the children!