I'll tell you one thing -- I'm no longer ashamed of my inability to ''get into" jazz...

I'll tell you one thing -- I'm no longer ashamed of my inability to ''get into" jazz. I'm old enough now to realize that the problem is not the fact that I don't play any brass instruments, nor that I grew up surrounded by the sounds of rock and roll -- the reason that I dislike this music so much is because of all the soloing. To me, sitting down and listening to some asshole bleat, blat and bloop 4000 notes in no particular order on top of mediocre jazz chord sequences is no more a sign of 'cultured taste' than listening to a Joe Satriani album. Both styles of music are completely self-indulgent, violate nearly every rule of musical composition that I respect, and bore the living loving maid out of me.

Real intellectuals only listen to top 40 bangers anyway

nice

damn your post was like a shitty solo tho

on what instrument? skin flute?

Damn nigga you sound scared of music lmao

dubs confirm jazz is wank

On limpdick.

post good jazz

These threads are what this sad excuse for a board deserves. I hope you're all proud of yourselves.

>can't handle jazz
>jazz must suck

>le big forehead jazz smackhead

This is the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen. Like holy fucking shit, that’s just some sad shit OP. I can only the type of music you “enjoy”. Holy baJesus

Far from all jazz is all about "soloing"

>violate nearly every rule of musical composition that I respect

there lies the "problem". you don't get what jazz is about.
but it's ok, you don't need to listen and like everything under the sun.

Imagine having such a short attention span and such bad pattern recognition that you can't follow and hear the logic and form in a good jazz solo

>jazz solos are just wank right r-right?
>surely it's not me

Prindle is god

>is no more a sign of 'cultured taste' than listening to a Joe Satriani album.
you are all kinds of fucked up

And another thing - there is nothing "cool" about "Cool Jazz." In a correct world, it would be termed "Amazingly, Even More Boring Than Usual Jazz." It's slow, first of all, which is the first sign of death in most cultures. Secondly, nothing ever happens. The musicians toot and blow, but they'd might as well be doing it to some sweet cocaine for all the aural excitement they're generating. Thirdly, it's old people music. There is NO WAY you can listen to something like Quiet Nights without thinking to yourself, "Jeez, this is my father's music."

OP is a faggot.

Just listen to smooth jazz then if you hate complex solos and just want something simple and poppy that you can turn your brain off to.

That's boring though.

CONTINUE MY LEGACY MY SONS

Not liking jazz isn't some personal attack on yourself. Try not being so insecure. Your description of ALL jazz is incorrect.