Sherlock: What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I ran out of budget, Jawn

>Mycroft sees a motion sensor grenade fly into the room and doesn't immediately tell everyone to evacuate but instead waits for the grenade to arm
>grenade has a 3 second delay to explode
this is some of the stupidest fucking shit, I swear

Love how a two story drop propelled by an explosion doesn't even scratch anyone.

I really hate the movie trope that it's the explosion's fire that kills you and not the fucking massive pressure wave that turns all your internal organs into mush

My ex-girlfriend called to tell me how much she loved the new season, and that it was the best. I personally haven't seen any episodes, but I trust her.

And the 2 story drop.

they forgot that having stupid contrived shit play out on screen while hiding massive details doesn't make for an interesting mystery same thing happened to doctor who

the great big reveal isn't as much of an OH moment if you hide every single detail in order to make the main character seem so stunning

Thanks for posting this OP, saved me the trouble.

Also how good are pic related feet considering that she ENSLAVED a whole secure prison?

fujos BTFO

Good episode, shitty ending.

2 story drops are rarely fatal though.

also
>waiting for Miss Hudson to move out of the way
>not just shouting downstairs at her to get out of the flat

>intentionally mislead viewers from minute 1 of the episode
>oh there was no plane guys LMAO what a tweest

I couldn't help be distracted by Watson moving all the time while talking in that scene. I know Freeman is very much a gestural actor but it really killed the immersion.

The only thing good about this seasons is that it didn't have the black detective bitch show up

I'm amazed they thought that was a good idea after the vitriolic response to them bullshitting everyone with the "Victorian" episode.

I wanted to fug her desu. She has really sexy eyes.

why did they make sherlock have autism powers

was the book like that

This. The episode was actually good until Mycroft tried to get Sherlock to shoot him and then it just completely unravelled.

I just watched it. I missed the Sherlock thread. Is it archived? Does anyone have a link?

>tfw anime revealed as the superior art form

Not saying they should have died. Saying they should have broken a leg or had some kind of damage from an explosive fall from that height.

archive.4plebs.org/
Mate just post in this one.

you should know better. shes your ex for a reason

She had headphones in playing hard rock.

Oh, yeah, you're completely right user.

I kept thinking the little girl was a recording just like Moriarty, because he responses felt so canned with those long gaps between talking.

So I guess they fooled me by making it so obvious that it was a fake-out that I connected the wrong dots?

I thought it was a nice gesture from Mycroft, to be honest. And Sherlock did well to point the gun to himself. I think it well downhill when Sherlock solved the meaning of the song.

>*autistic screeching*

>"I've set up crashing plane scenario, 3 kidnapped hostages, and maze of puzzles for my brother, so that I can tell him my important bullshit story"
>Still sends the armed grenade to kill him

Wat?

Ever considered that shouting might create vibrations?

>American television

But Mycroft didn't even want to play Eurus' game just moments before. Why the fuck would he suddenly want to start playing it when his own death was at the line? Especially when she killed all three dudes when they actually DID play her game. There's no reason to expect things to go well if he's killed and no reason to advocate for his own death. He's Mycroft fucking Holmes, he shouldn't be reduced to a heartwarming sacrifice scene when it makes no sense. Him just jumping on the grenade in the flat would have made more sense, even.

Is this a bait

>The ending
What even the fuck was that? It's like they wrote themselves in to a hole and then realized that they had to start shooting in an hour so just did some bullshit to "resolve" the plot.

The whole middle bit from the point they get to the prison to the point they leave was fucking fine, before and after that was just a fucking trainwreck.

I thought i was just a simulation, and a repeat of the whole dead bodies on a plane thing.

Eurus is a better love interest for Sherlock than Adler desu. I hope we see more yandere shenanigans in the future from here and less mind control bullshit.

>kills best friend
>kills a bunch of other people
>has people kill themselves
>has people kill other people (including presumably children)
>rapist
>"I just want a friend"
Nah, that was bollocks

>Mycroft doesn't want blood on his hands
>at the start of the season he admits to taking part in hiring a team of assassins several times for various missions

She had headphones on.

There's a difference between killing bad guys and killing just some bloke though

>The whole middle bit from the point they get to the prison to the point they leave was fucking fine, before and after that was just a fucking trainwreck.

Before and after was certainly a trainwreck, but so was her bullshit mind control powers.
The middle had good moments, but was also plagued with ridiculous bullshit.

Elementary is honestly more accurate with Sherlock. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's version didn't have autistic superpowers.

The mind control was silly, but I would be willing to overlook it if it wasn't for the context surrounding it being so shitty.

Mycroft started playing it after Watson threw the soldiers line. He helped Sherlock find out which of the brothers was the murderer.
And it didn't matter whether if he was playing it or not. As long as Sherlock was the one playing it, it was either him or John, and he knew that.

What did Moffat mean by this

le womyn so smart she can mind control an entire prison with cringy dialogueson morality.
for someone writing exclusively "smart" characters, it's funny how Moffat have absolutely no conception of what intelligence is
pro-tip: it's not a superpower

This one's got more stamina, but he's less caring in the afterglow.

Well, I'm watching the new episode of Elementary now anyway.
Gotta wash the taste out of my mouth.

It may be a procedural, but it's fun and doesn't try to be more than what it clearly is.

Anybody thought of this when Euros' cell was revealed? Or was there other similar scene before Perfect Insider?

I just figured that Moriarty had it all setup in advance and they just used "mind control" to make her more intimidating. but knowing who wrote it i might be giving them too much credit

He doesn't want blood on HIS hands. Ordering other people to do things is not the same.

Pretty much the only thing I thought really felt like Mycroft. In the books he won't even deign to do field-work like Sherlock. He just sits in a comfy chair and has Sherlock or some other guy do the actual work of catching people etc. This was the closest they've gotten to that.

I wonder why didn't they go the same route they went with Moriarty back then. For instance, showing that from the beginning the governor's wife was a hostage, and that's why the guy helped her. As to how she managed, with Moriarty's help. And she didn't control him with sick mental powers, she simply convinced him with some contorted rhetoric, seeing as how he's portrayed as a fucking lunatic in this series.
tldr she could've used simple blackmailing instead of mental powers, it would've made more sense

It's because Moffat isn't smart himself, so a genuinely intelligent person and someone with psychic powers are indistinguishable and incomprehensible to him.

>Iron maiden
>hard rock

>smartest person in the world
>extremely evil and edgy
>no prison can hold her
>dude just lock her up again so I can play violin with her shes my sis m8

What the fuck happened to this series? The drop off in quality through the seasons is worse than fucking Dexter

I'm not a weeb, no.

>Eurus has magic persuasion powers that let her make her psychiatrists kill themselves after studying her
>despite them having full knowledge of her being dangerous
>Watson spent weeks or months text-chatting with her and then had her as a psychiatrist
>neither Sherlock or Mycroft even has the thought that she might have fucked with his head

I feel like I'm going mad here. Why are they always so selectively stupid.

NO CLIFFHANGER?
EP4 CONFIRMED

Its about a super genius tween locked up for decades in an island prison doing genius things for the government and what not. It was originally a novel from the 90s.

Genuine question

How did Magnussen know about Redbeard? When he first came to Baker street and used his scouter on Sherlock to find Sherlock's pressure point, the name Redbeard was on screen. He couldn't have known about Redbeard unless he was tight with Eurus cause this episode showed Redbeard was actually another dude

Is there some master keikaku left that is yet to unravel?

yeah they shouldnt have had her as the psychiatrist

all i wanted was a sherlock and watson banting with each other while figuring out mysteries

why did they have to complicate things so much

>faint scent of penis

it'll never be addressed but you can just assume Eurus told him since hey if she can have contact with Moriarty why not him too

holy shit this just made me burst laughing, how the fuck was this overlooked

Not necessarily, he could have got that information out of Mycroft. Mycroft made the lie up and would be a damn sight easier to find information on.

Heard so many bad things about this season that not sure if want to download.

They tried to appease the autists too much is my analysis. You could tell it was gonna go tits up when they did that whole ludicrous 'Sherlock survived the fall zomg' episode.

If you want me to play devil's advocate, mayhaps Eurus contacted him. It's not far-fetched, given that she took control of the entire prison.

>he could have got that information out of Mycroft
How?

Mycroft wouldnt use the name Redbeard. He would've mentioned the kid by his actual name

>have you had sex, user?

what do?

Only similar things are that they manipulate people by doing things for her like murder and the white gown and hairstyle.

Well I don't mean directly out of him, but being as he was the one who made the lie up about it being a dog that died it's not hard to imagine him getting the information however he got the rest of his information.

Shit bait, but here's a charity (You) anyway.

>On one hand the final Mary video made it sound like the next season will be about them going back to their roots and just solving cases and shit
>On the other hand, Moffat is a hack

Why would Euruse contact Magnussen? Even Sherlock wasnt aware of the guy until Magnussen licked the government woman and called her old and she got pissed enough to run and cry to Sherlock

maybe she told him to start pushing his luck in that fashion to get sherlock on his case?

How did they not find the kid in the well back when Sherlock was a kid? A dog going missing and not being found in a well is completely understandable. The parents can't look everywhere and in the end it's just a dog after all. But if a kid goes missing they search the place top to bottom. You get cops who calculate how far two small kids could have travelled in the allotted time and then search through the area in a grid pattern. With the family's pull you get some army reserves called in. Or the nearby town starts looking everywhere.

Seriously, how did they not find him? The reveal that it was actually a kid made it so that the situation no longer made any sense.

Nevermind the bollocks.

Stop thinking.

Bet Euruse also told Magnussen to finger Watson so that Sherlock would shoot him in the face

It was just to have a voice-over for the case-solving montage they wanted to put at the end.

Who thought that things will get interesting after this scene but it didn't

it's so obvious they regret killing him off

>Eurus tranqs everyone when Sherlock tries to kil himself
Bet she likes Sherlock more than Mycroft.

He's dead in the books. Zero chance of him coming back.

No shit, Sherlock.

It's fucking Moffat. The why is always unimportant. Common sense doesn't apply. Plausibility is inconsequential.
All that matters is that they make a cool plot twist. That's literally everything his writing skill amounts too. That's why every now and then you might be fooled into thinking that something he did was great, right until you think about it a little 5 minutes later and realize it's bullshit and it makes no sense.

>Killed at the very least 6 people, took over an prison island, and probably an accessory to many other murders just because Sherlock didn't want to play with her as a kid and even so she isn't being punished for any of this

What a fucking joke of a show

Not punished? She stayed her whole life in prison and will stay there in the future. What do you want them to do? Spank her as well?

I WANNA DESTROY PASSERBY

CUTE
U
T
E

is molly the best waifu in the history of waifus?

The only real explanation is that she threw dirt in the well to cover his body since it'd be dark down at the bottom and hard to see.

But that still doesn't mean the searchers won't go down there.

Also, how the fuck did a 5 year old get the kid into the well in the first place, both strength wise and in general?

Give him context. If you make him too emotional he might not solve it.