French "cuisine"

>French "cuisine"

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnavigator.com/Policy/EU-margarine-industry-sets-stricter-trans-fat-standards
topsante.com/nutrition-et-recettes/les-bons-aliments/matieres-grasses/la-margarine-plus-mauvaise-pour-la-sante-que-le-beurre-252742
standard.co.uk/news/london/top-french-chef-raymond-blanc-admits-british-are-best-at-food-8276762.html
hot-dinners.com/Gastroblog/Latest-news/final-insult-londons-restaurants-better-than-paris
bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19994411
theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/30/british-food-winning-over-french
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/mar/22/british-cook-better-than-french
matadornetwork.com/trips/ill-go-ahead-say-london-better-food-paris/
munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/53j8aq/british-food-is-taking-over-the-world
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cajuns cook with butter and olive oil

it's good lube to use in homosex

we don't eat margarine like you burgers eat peanut butter

Peanut butter is the American hummus.

They serve the same foods Italians do in most restaurants but it's more expensive and not as good.

You're not a real bonapartiste if you don't eat your baguettes with margarine every morning

But margarine tastes pretty great. Also it's way easier to spread on anything than butter.

It's really bad for your health though

>0 trans fats
>87% less saturated fat than butter

uh... but why would it be bad? it's just gossip from the 1980's.

>0 trans fats
what
it actuallys has too much trans fatty acids

Might wanna do some research.
Trans fats had been practically eliminated from margarine since like, 2004.
foodnavigator.com/Policy/EU-margarine-industry-sets-stricter-trans-fat-standards

well this 2015 article talks about a canadian research that showed there was still too much acid fats in it so I don't know what to believe
topsante.com/nutrition-et-recettes/les-bons-aliments/matieres-grasses/la-margarine-plus-mauvaise-pour-la-sante-que-le-beurre-252742

nevermind, if it's canadian of course they don't have the same regulations...

The French have the most overrated food in the world. It's not terrible, but it's stodgy, boring, and stale. They've been cooking the same recipes for the past 50 years - at this point even British chefs are regarded as more innovative and exciting

I don't know. I like butter and margarine too. But the latter is just plain more convenient to use, so we usually buy that. Personally I'm really fond of it, as I find it one of the pinnacles of human engineering. If they find something is wrong with it, unlike other foods, they can just alter the process, and make it better. When you look at it this way, it's pretty awesome. Gotta thank you French for that.

just shut up, your cuisine is almost as bad as N*rdic people's garbage.

>Also it's way easier to spread on anything than butter.

Dunno what shit butter you have, but butter here is pretty easy to spread. I mean you posted Flora, their butter is spreadable.

t. doesn't know anything about modern British cooking and unironically takes /ck/ memes at face value

What's wrong ? I doubt it's your first time seeing fat

if it's so overrated why any relevant restaurant and cook in da world use french skills and french cuisine ?

Alright I'll take the bait
Enlighten us then, instead you waiting for us to take your statements for granted with no exemple whatsoever to back them

Yeah, a lot of modern cuisine is based on French methods, but other countries took it and ran with it, whereas France has been cooking the same stodgy shite since the 70s

>France has been cooking the same stodgy shite since the 70s

Such as ?

>when your cuisine is so bad you have to throw away all of it and start over from scratch in the 21th century

my sides

>he buys butter/oil mix

fucking chav

standard.co.uk/news/london/top-french-chef-raymond-blanc-admits-british-are-best-at-food-8276762.html
hot-dinners.com/Gastroblog/Latest-news/final-insult-londons-restaurants-better-than-paris
bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19994411
theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/30/british-food-winning-over-french
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/mar/22/british-cook-better-than-french
matadornetwork.com/trips/ill-go-ahead-say-london-better-food-paris/
munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/53j8aq/british-food-is-taking-over-the-world

I have also always thought french food was overrated
For me it's just simple meals

>7 anglo articles
>none of them dare to include a single picture of this famed British food, foreigners seem to crave
The hilarity intensifies. Talk about an echo chamber.

>British newspapers being obsessed again

Seriously tho I guess throwing links is better than nothing, but I don't get the "stodgy shite" meme, if you don't like be my guest but who are you to judge
Obviously French cuisine isn't the most inovative but that's partly because it is already high-tier and has set standarts for the whole world, it has attained a comfortable rank.
I don't know much about what's all the rage in the cuisine world nowadays, but I do know our everyday food is excellent, our old recipes still used because they are still valuable, our diet and quality of ingredients is high and it is felt through our quality life. Why would the average French care about what some 5 stars chefsis selling 400 euros a plate in a restaurant up the capital when he is at home making the same old, proven, local cuisine his family has always done ? Especially since the food varies greatly from one region to another. I always cringe a little when I see someone throwing all the French food in the same judgement as if people from the North ate exactly like someone in Basque country or in the heart of the Auvergne mountains. Obviously there are nationwide classics but it goes faaaar beyond the fancy food meme

>croque monsieur
>high tier

Why is this Magyar so fucking arseblasted?

Anglos often produce that reaction in people

Well since we're in a pissing contest, a croque monsieur is still miles fancier than a British ice cubes sandwhich

Better than a bacon butty?

Nah

you mean this ? literally snack food for kiddos ?

I'm more a fougasse man anyway

You lick the middle like a woman's labia

>Why is this Magyar so fucking arseblasted?
I woke up in a very foul mood today. Bullying Brits always makes me feel better though. You're like the European version of Yanks. Exceptionally poorly educated. Arrogant and full of yourselves for absolutely no reason, when your country is fucking falling apart.
Fuck Britain. It's great that you left the EU. Nobody wanted you to stay anyway.

A-Ah yes I know very well what you mean

Imagine being this upset

W-what's wrong with margarine?

maybe he believed we put this on table and voila, bon appétit ?

Give it a tender kiss, Pierre

3haram5me

Don't flatter yourself, there are dozens of nations I hate even more than yours. Butthurt is my standard mode of operation.

It's fucking disgusting. Use butter or nothing at all.

What do you think about the eternal Frog then
Do you tolerate us or did you merely use us as a mean to attack sissy brit bois

The only person here "flattering" themselves is you, you fucking bed-wetting window-licking cunt.

Hilarious when you third-worlders are desperate for attention.

I didn't realize Margarine was a French thing
It's just butter on easy mode, I don't see how can someone was like one and be disgusted by the other
Best thing is Normand butter anyway

>I don't see how can someone was

Excuse my English, I guess

Poor cannot afford to

Refuse to believe butter is that expensive. How much is it compared to margarine?

It's not butter, it's just partially hydrogenated (made into a solid) oil.

Butter really isn't very expensive nowadays. Even lurpak is quite affordable.

They're around the same price for store bought over here
I buy my butter in bulk from an old lady in a village so I wouldn't know anyway

>Butter is a luxury in the UK

I cry everytime

It maybe isn't, but marg is more convenient and has a longer shelf life.

>I buy my butter in bulk from an old lady in a village
seems comfy

>miles fancier than a British ice cubes sandwhich
Don't you dare insult slippery petes

It is, I'm a city kid but I was raised on stuff old ladies make, a lot of our cuisine requires dairy products and no one made it better than them

>longer shelf life
If you consume so little butter that a package goes bad, then you probably shouldn't even have bothered in the first place.

Don't worry lads people who use margarine will get heart attacks and die anyways

justice exists

I like and dislike you at the same time. You had a hand in the Treaty of Trianon which is unforgivable. On the other hand the French people I had known were very kind and generous. Your history and culture are entertaining and I find your towns charming. I think the humbler, post-colonial France suits you much better than the warmongering kind.

Cute

It's not, but as I have posted here, its shelf life is longer than butter

yeah, i often go to my neighboor artisanal market , better products for cheap and you directly interact wit producer

Hence why those people buy margarine, which lasts longer. This isn't fucking quantum physics, fella.

There's no point in having it if you use that little. And if you really do need it once in a blue moon, then you go buy some or make it yourself. You don't buy pig disgusting chemically saturated butter-look-alike oil to have it sit in your fridge on the off chance you'll use it sometime several months in the future.

>France has been cooking the same stodgy shite since the 70s
Because it's already good?
The English prance around jerking themselves off about their food being innovative, but that's only because they never get it right, and always have to start over haha.

Well clearly people do, for very obvious reasons

>getting this infuriated over fucking butter and marg
Kek

>I think the humbler, post-colonial France suits you much better than the warmongering kind.
no

>The English prance around jerking themselves off about their food being innovative, but that's only because they never get it right, and always have to start over haha.
What does this even mean?

You know... I used to have a very good image of swedes before you started posting

Not him but that's pretty clear, it's not like you aren't used to non-english speakers on this website

Good. Tell your friends and family to not come here either.

Oh it's one of those
Shut the fuck up before I tell my sleeper cells in stockholm to rape you

>one of those
Terribly sorry for wanting my country for my countrymen. Very racist of me, I know.

>humbler, post-colonial
What did he mean by this?

Where is it I said something that was unclear?

Was I going for too much american idioms that it seemed weird to an english person?

You have all the right to do that, it's the fact that you used that against me when my country has never in her life produced a terrorist or suffered a civil war for us to export refugees,
fun fact: the "refugees" in your country aren't really Syrian or even from war torn countries

>never in her life produced a terrorist

I wonder how it feels not being able to feel safe in your own country

Considering your murder rate is twice that of ours I can only assume you speak about your own country.

Won't stay like that for long, that's for sure.

Have I wronged you? If not then duaa is haram.

never thought a thread about some french butter would make people so mad