I saw a leaked trailer for The Dark Tower movie

I saw a leaked trailer for The Dark Tower movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B-3LwkHKbdaBaVY2QzRnSTEwOWc/view
youtube.com/watch?v=5S1da7SHFm4&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Idris Elba is perfect

How was it?

is there literally even one person on this planet who gives even a solitary fuck about this movie after they've made it beyond clear they don't give two decomposed shits about the source material (which, while some of the books are okay, let's be honest, isn't amazing)?

I'd rather put my dick in a vice grip and twist until it was as thin as paper than see this shit

Too bad he's the token nigger in this by the looks

>ancient property
>no one who isn't already a fan would have any interest in seeing it
>fans are almost all turning against it because they BLACKED Roland
>isn't even really an adaptation anyway and the trailer makes it look like Tomorrowland but with cowboys

It's going to flop so hard

Man I'd like to see his dark tower senpai

Stephen King is a megacuck, I dont want to support any of his work anymore - which is a shame because I loved DT and the Stand.

>How was it?

It's made very clear that the events of the seven books are already happened. The movie is a sequel not an adaption.
The trailer mostly follows Jake who starts to remember everything from the books. He goes to the evil house from the third book and finds a portal.

He finds Roland, the Roland from the loop he's on at the end of the seventh. Not much mid world is shown mostly just new york. Flagg is alive somehow and trying to fuck up Earth.

If anything there seemed too much fan service. Shoved in stuff from all the books. It seemed well shot and looks fitting for the series.

I just want to see how bad they can fuck it up

drive.google.com/file/d/0B-3LwkHKbdaBaVY2QzRnSTEwOWc/view

There's the trailer

Roland could be black in a sequel. Eddie and Susannah wouldn't be there. My problem... neither would Jake. He's in the backseat of Eddie's Takuro Spirit drinking a Nozz-A-La.

That's the same trailer that leaked a couple months ago.

Some alternate dimension bulls hit like the wasteland

Even if they did adapt the books Roland could still be black. When Detta Walker is shouting racial slurs at Eddie and Roland, just change it so that she's still calling Eddie racial slurs but she's also harassing Roland for being friends with a white guy.

or just say she's that fucking insane. That would work, too.

If the movie doesn't end up flopping I wouldn't doubt them introducing Eddie and Susannah

OR THEY COULD JUST KEEP HIM FUCKING WHITE LIKE HE FUCKING IS?

>its da sequel

is that not the lamest excuse ever for putting out poor content. it's like the marvel movies where they connect everything extremely shittily and act like they're doing everyone a service.

Different Roland I guess

But they said they are adapting wizard and glass as a show so will he be white or black?

There is no point in casting a black guy to play a character who is explicitly described and illustrated as white other for progressive brownie points.

Could still be shit but better than having a poor adaption. Guess it's new way of rebooting but that sort of fits the story

Nah, lost interest in it when it became clear that they are just in for the quick money. King's best work was IT anyway, let's hope at least that works out.

>tfw Roland is Kang now

youtube.com/watch?v=5S1da7SHFm4&feature=youtu.be

For people who don't want to download shit

>Behind Blue Eyes
>Idris Elba

It's like they're trying to piss me off

> King's best work was IT anyway

I'm going to respectfully disagree.

I hope IT is fun. I fear it will lack the edgy comedy.

>not Rage
fuck off normalfag REEEEEEEEEEE

The comedy is pretty minimal in IT.

The Long Walk is pretty god damn far from a "normalfag" pick.

Either way Rage is great as well, I just think the more varied cast and concept behind Long Walk is better.

Do parts of the book also take place in the "real world?" I thought this was a sci-fi/fantasy in some alternate, dusty fantasy world full of weird locations and shit. What's with the kid?

Why is half of it in New York?

Yes. The whole concept of The Dark Tower is multiple realities that all are a different level of the Tower. Roland is from the far future where everything is a wasteland while Jake is from a fairly modern time New York.

Christ this movie looks awful. Hopefully when it tanks come July the "Idris Elba is a leading man" meme will stop.

He was great as Stringer, everything has been blah.

I only felt bad for one person in the entire series and it was Oy and I'm sure they're going to fuck that scene up if they even get to it

>Say goodbye boy. Say goodbye to your master
> 'ey 'Ake

He was good in Prometheus and Pacific Rim.

I saw a screening of it a few months back (search archives if you don't believe me) and that's funny how they only showed New York in your trailer. All NY scenes maybe take up 15% of the movie at the absolute most.

You're right, I don't believe you because you have no proof.

It would be pretty funny if you were the same guy I was arguing with the last time I posted spoilers in a thread.
You're right, I don't have proof because there really was no opportunity to do so. They take your phones and such. All I can offer are spoilers that you WILL see. Humor me or not, I can answer any and all questions.

>I can answer any and all questions.

What is best in life?

So will it have racist Detta?

New or old trailer?