Fences

>Fences
Black struggle is shown, but mostly a character study. No fuck whitey moments, characters who have faults arent unrealistically going on rants blaming some monolithic force of whiteness for them. Great acting, great writing, great directing, all with a mostly black crew, a black director, and black cast.
>Moonlight
Character study that actually looks at a problem in the black community that liberals ignore because it doesnt fit their narrative. Deals with blacks mostly being treated unfairly but shows how personal choice and how you live your own life is the determining factor no matter what your circumstance is. Cast is entirely black save for a few white extras in one scene, but they dont have any lines. Director is black, yet there isnt a single race baity moment. Literally not one. There isnt even really a gay rights baity moment except for maybe one in the first third of the film. Acting is out-fucking-standing, directing is head and shoulders above most of the competition, and the writing, along with everything else, is absolutely brilliant.

>Hidden Figures
Almost every time a conversation with a white character happens some stupid race bait quip is thrown in. Every white character except for John Glenn is portrayed as if they invented segregation and were proud members of the KKK who burnt crosses. Acting is bland and mostly uninspired save for a very select few scenes/moments, the admittedly talented cast is almost totally wasted for most of the film. Cast is somehow mostly white anyway apart from the three leads. Story is way overblown, we are supposed to feel like these women we know very little about as people, who were literally nothing more than glorified calculators made obsolete by the time the moon landing came around, were basically the only reason we got to the moon (nevermind the fact that these women had almost nothing to do with that, most of their work was dedicated to the mission to put John Glenn in orbit).
The writing in the film is bland, and basically amounts to "watch these black women who are totally american heroes and literally smarter than all whites (who are all evil racists) singlehandedly take americans to space and then the evil KKK leaders of NASA steal the credit, even though they already lost the race pretty hard to the Russians". Its so fucking overbearing it was borderline painful to watch.
The director (who isnt even black) does nothing to make a viewer impressed with the direction.

Can Hidden figures be the last time we let a fucking no name studio picked white guy do a "black" movie? Clearly blacks are better at those and if you let them make the films they want to make you get actual quality cinema instead of overbearing dumbed down race bait bullshit.

But which one made the most money?

It wasn't too bad. It did show most of NASA as being sympathetic and anti-racist. Racist characters learn their lesson except for the bazinga guy who stays racist at the end of the film for some reason.

Honestly I'm mad hyped to watch Fences because it looks like it tells the American Dream story from the black perspective, and in no way does it look race baity or anything.

It's one of those "We are different but all shit in the same bowl" type movies and I am looking forward to it.

My wife wants to watch Hidden Figures because she eats feminist propo for breakfast, and yet doesn't understand why I am so hard on for Fences

damn shame isnt it?
At least Janelle Monae is getting more exposure out of this.

except for the parts where almost everyone at NASA who wasnt Kevin Costner shoots her dirty looks every time she moves. She even made a huge fucking speech about how nobody touches the coffee after she used it.

That pretty much is what Fences is user. You'll really enjoy it with that mindset.

Hidden Figures is fine mellow Oscarbait, very forgettable but not bad.

I haven't seen Midnight.

>tfw moonlight ended up actually being alright
it showed at times that the director was black though

I concur about Fences. I went in thinking the same way and it really was great

Hidden Figures quality wise is certainly on the lower end of the spectrum for oscar bait films but despite what i said in my mini review i agree that its not a terrible movie.

You really should see Moonlight. Its easily the best film of the three and even though i loved La La Land and Silence it would be something special to see a film like Moonlight win best picture.

That was in the first part of the film. When Kevin Costner desegregates the bathrooms everyone except bazoonger seems to have stopped being racist.

Fences is excellent and always has been excellent. Perfect for anyone interested in character or dialogue study as well

Hidden Figures has the same feel and quality as The Blindside

Either way you won't be let down

>American dream from black perspective
I didn't know BLACKED.com made POV scenes

*licks lips* whatchu sayin tho?

Fences is better as a stageplay and you can watch it all free on YouTube my nigga.

Epic... Have an upvote for your witty comment, my kind sir. The narwhal bacons at Midnight!

BLATANT NIGGERS
L
A
T
A
N
T

N
I
G
G
E
R
S

As a black person i felt insulted and talked down to by Hidden Figures as well as The Blindside. I didnt feel that way about Fences, and i sure as hell didnt feel it about Moonlight.
they made very little effort to portray it. I think after that point the flim stopped focusing on it so much since by that point all the tension from it had been milked, but there was almost nothing to show that anyone beside Costner was anti racist at the end.

Yeah, the moral was that working together would overcome racism but I thought they didn't have a good resolution for Parsons in particular. For the full film they show him as one of the antagonists but don't really resolve it.

if there was one glowing postive thing i have to say about Hidden Figures would be that the chemistry between the three girls (except for when Monae was doing her stupid race bait one liners) had really great chemistry and were fun to watch when they were together outside of work.
I just really hope it doesnt win any of the oscars it is pretty much bound to be nominate for.
Literally the only one that wouldnt piss me off is if Taraji Henson won best actress. She certainly doesnt deserve it for this movie but i like her enough in other things shes been in, and judging by her interviews seems like a really fun person.

But which thread will get the most posts

>a great fucking post by an OP on Sup Forums
pigs are flying outside of my window right now

The only people who laughed at that comment for being witty are true /r/edditors who need to go back. You're supposed to laugh because it pointed out the retardation of the post it referred to which was a pretentious diatribe about the "American dream from the black perspective."

Fences and Moonlight are about the black struggle.

Hidden Figures is an attempt to cash in on the YASS QUEEN SLAY trend.

Fucking this.
You put it better than my post
i appreciate it

Thanks OP. Now I know what I'll watch first.

That part in Hidden Figures where Kirsten Dunsts character is talking to the fat black girl in the bathroom made my fucking blood boil
"despite what you might think, i dont have nothing against yall"
"i bet that you really believe that"
Like what the actual fuck? Do black people in real life act this way if someone says they arent racist?
It was so fucking ridiculous, especially since she relies on this woman to give her the promotion she wants, so when that woman is reaching out and trying to be nice to you and you shoot her down is insane. AND this is AFTER that very same woman gave fat black girl her new job and despite all regulations allowed her to take all of her stronk black womyn obsolete human calculators with her.

Where can I download Moonlight? I tried kat.how but i keep getting fake virus messages

can't leave moms basement to see it?

OP again, I was so pissed off at Hidden Figures that i did some research about the actual mission portrayed.
The entire purpose of these women and why the movie asserts they are important is because they crunched the numbers to determine the proper re entry point for John Glenns landing, which is all well and good. But the movie failed to show that Glenn realized something was wrong and while landing autopiloted himself to a different landing spot. So all that hard work she did seems even less important now knowing that her re entry point wasnt even used.
I dont know about downloads but you can probably watch it on 123 movies

Disagree strongly with minimizing how much Johnson accomplished. Unless her NASA bio is a lie, she contributed many important things to the mission (as well as before and after).

Have you seen Atlanta, OP? If so, what did you think of it? It's all black writers, but I think it has some annoying race-baity stuff in it.

>except for the bazinga guy who stays racist at the end of the film for some reason.

Gays are extremely racist.

Not that faggot but Moonlight is in less than 500 theaters now, it can be hard to see it.

Shall I watch Moonlight? Patriots Day or Deepwater Horizon?

I'm sorry, I can't watch black people on film. Specifically, modern rap-influenced jigaboos who are niggaz this and yea boi that.

It makes me so angry that we have so many savages living in this country celebrated for their chimp like behaviour.

Fences was a delightful drama though.

I just saw Hidden Figures. I would say you're exaggerating about every white character being racist.

Acting is really good. Not on the level of Fences (haven't seen Moonlight yet) though. I normally don't like seeing singers in acting roles because they always stick out, but you would never know Janelle Monae wasn't a long time actress.