So... I love all the RLM team -- but I have to say Jay is my favorite

So... I love all the RLM team -- but I have to say Jay is my favorite.

For one thing, he's hilarious (as is everyone)... but he's also really good as drawing other people into the conversation, which is something I think is often underappreciated. Like if he thinks of something funny that should be brought up, he doesn't just bring it up himself, but he plants the seed and gets other people to talk about it.

He's also the "nice guy" -- in that he doesn't step on people's toes, he respects everyone else's opinion, and he's supportive of their jokes. You never really see him taking stabs at the others, and often when someone takes a stab at someone else, he'll jump in to defend them.

Basically, he's a fantastic team player in a platform where team playing is really important. And it compliments the rest of the team really well.

Whyd you have to make it gay dude

>he wouldn't go Jay for gay

Meme

As autistic as this level of analysis is, I agree. I think the BotW discussions are less cohesive, and feel less relaxed without Jay around. Mike is definitely the star of the show, but without Jay he can be a bit overbearing or unbalanced.

Fuck off faggot

I very much agree with this. Jay helps reign the discussion in. It helps raise the overall quality of the episodes even if it sacrifices potential for the types of episodes that go off the rails (ie the Christmas episode from a few years back that spends 20 minutes on the crew crying with laughter over dead children).

love em

Well Jay is the only one of them that actually watches movies.

Jay is truly the patrician's choice

because he's a serious critic watching serious films for serious people

>does video making fun of podcasts
>has literally been on several podcasts
hypocrisy much?

Knock it off, we know it's you Jay

is that Chris Evans' stunt double?

Anyone have those screen caps where Mike was roasting Jay's ass on some movie forum before they were friends? I'm pretty sure Mike's avatar was literally him wearing a fedora.

Why is RLM so deathly afraid of ghosts?

Jay talks about films as if he knows anything about them, but he's about as knowledgable as your average film student. He thinks he's into more challenging films, and praises a lot of trendy garbage that is popular on Sup Forums, like the Lobster, the Witch and La La Land. So it's little wonder people here think he's the brains of the show.

In reality, he's just the straight guy. He's good for Mike to play off, because he tends to be more oriented in discussion, and doesn't try as hard to be funny as the other RLM B-teamers.

Mike remains the best on the show. I would even argue that Mike has better taste than Jay because the guy just accepts that he's an average dude, and is less prone to waxing praise on any seeminly ambitious crap from indiewood.

>not being afraid of ghosts
Literally unstoppable physics defying monsters.

>Jay talks about films as if he knows anything about them

He talks about camera angles, lighting, acting

Then unironically makes Space Cop

knowledgeable*
seemingly*

Which isn't surprising because nothing he says about those things is actually insightful.