Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6dxmiMfxqo
youtube.com/watch?v=b37auo3dSuM
youtube.com/watch?v=TtzbXW0_7yo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>didn't even make a billion

of course it failed

"RED TAILS".

i ironically liked this film and thought leo's acting here was better than in revenant

I saw this garbage in the theater

Check out the razzies nominations. They're pretty good at identifying them.

Jesus. Why didn't they just get Danny Huston instead of making Leonardo DiCaprio look exactly like Danny Huston?

WE WUZ SPACE N SHIET

Even for Oscar Bait this shit was fucking disgustingly awful

The Butler.

"UNBROKEN".

It seems Silence from Scorcese, is about to go the same way.

Birth of a nation was essentialy shut down by all the controversy that surround it.

Crash

This, this 1000x.

i hate that movie.

"THE BIRTH OF A NATION" (2016).

Suffragette

What the fuck is this guys problem?

I prefer the original

>he paid for jewlywood leftist propaganda

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

These threads always splinter into two posts.

1) The real film enthusiasts that post actual oscar bait.

2) butthurt anti-sjws that only post things they deem sjw, even if it's not oscar bait. If it stars a minority, a fag, or a woman then it counts. because reeee niggers

>The Butler
Fuck, I had already forgotten about this piece of shit.

Fuck you. I liked it.

interstellar

To be honest this is getting out of control , i mean i honestly believe that by coming here i would leave all that shit in Sup Forums , but is affecting everyfucking board at this point.

>at this point

it was the same in 2009

you're what's new, newfag

WHAT ABOU NON-STOP THO

Nothing that nolan has ever made could ever win an oscar, and it has nothing to do with quality. They don't even resemble oscar bait.

how could crash possibly be failed oscar bait when it worked?

that's uncanny

ITT movies we wish were failed oscar bait.
I had to watch this for a multicultural class and it was the bigget pile of shit. Every person in the movie is a walking characature.

Not exactly failed, since it made at least a lot of money.

Is he the rapist?

3. The people who condescendingly comment on the state of the thread but don't actually contribute anything

Heath Ledger unironically won an oscar for Dark Knight.

Arrogant prick didn't even show up to accept it

HOLUP

I actually liked it tho

Not Oscar bait.
I like it, too.

kek

Not really. Razzie noms tend to be Adam Sandler or Tyler Perry movies. Justifiably crap, but were never going for oscars

Anything biographical, about slavery, political scandal or that have Meryl Streep or Tom Hanks in it.

one of Allen movies I can tolerate but it does not qualify as an oscar bait

How does a moderately sympathetic depiction of a man Hollywood hates qualify as oscar bait?

Trumbo was oscar bait.

this for sure.

Decent movie but It tanked regarding awards

Nolan could probably get a Visual Effects Oscar.

Florence Foster Jenkins wasn't Oscar Bait. It was geezer bait. I took my mom to a matinée and everyone else there was at least 60

I Am Sam

Trumbo was disgusting, couldn't watch it pas 30 min. At some point he and his little daughter have dialog, it goes like this:
>Daddy, why are you communist? Do you hate America?
>Well honey, it isn't like that.
>So, what is communism than?
>Sweetie, for example, If you had a sandwich, and your friend didn't, wouldn't you like to share it?
>Ofcourse I would like to!
>Well, that's communism.

no way.

oscar bait usually has to do with the topic or the message film tries to get across.

sure Nolan's films have an overly emotional message sometimes but it's never meant to win awards.

Oscar movies are mostly targeted to older people. Whatever your mom and aunt thinks it's "kino" you can certainly bet it's going to get nominated.

I still remember how heated the debate got on Sup Forums regarding Trumbo kek

>Daddy, why are you communist? Do you hate America?
>Well honey, it isn't like that.
>So, what is communism than?
>Sweetie, for example, If you had a sandwich, and your friend didn't, wouldn't you like me to take it away and give her half while i keep the other and throw you in prison for 10 years for being a sandwich owner?
>That's terrible!
>Well, that's communism.

Even though this was terrible the only reason it failed was the director's rape case

What? That's never stopped hollywood before

I disagree. Oscar bait needs to have pretenses regarding a political issue or "serious" artistic endeavour. A movie about a lady who can't sing well but is blissfully unaware isn't oscar bait, even if Meryl Streep stars in it. But Trumbo was because it's about Hollywood people being told by the government and their bosses in the industry to stop being seditious shits.

oh wait

it was good tho

In the example you gave it's because it's labeled as a comedy-drama and the Academy doesn't nominate comedy films.

He was too heavily influenced by the original BoaN

wow what an asshole

What on earth drove you to pay to watch this cuckold drivel?

edgy

seabisuicit

Silence is about religion and faith, it's the complete opposite of Oscar bait they hate any Christian undertones in film

this for sure

God I fucking hate Meryl Streep's face so much

well he isnt wrong

>holllywood hating on christian undertones

odd. I wonder why

Naw, Woody doesn't care at all about the Academy.
He hasn't even addended the Oscar ceremony every time he was nominated in the past.

This. Definitely one of the most boring and uninteresting movies I've ever seen. It had so much hype because of MUH AWARD WINNING CAST! Fuck this movie.

David russel in general is overrated. His only luck is casting good actors, because the movies in and of themselves are very average, plotwise.

how is it bait if it actually won the oscars?

Let the puke flow.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6dxmiMfxqo

this is boner bait

this is labeled as the biggest oscar bait supposedly

Collateral Beauty
9 Pounds

Will Smith makes baaaad oscar bait. Offensively bad.

I know, it's strange that this gets picked out while Avalon, from the same year, is never mentioned. Maybe because Avalon is Jew heavy.

youtube.com/watch?v=b37auo3dSuM

Anything with Leo desu

>The secret life of bees

I repressed that one. God.

not him but that's bullshit and you know it.

Sup Forums never completely contained the idiots and their lunacy but it was nowhere near as bad as it is now with every fucking thread being derailed within 5 posts by these retards.

Sometimes your bait catches a fish

Prequel to The Secret Life of Pets if i remember correctly. Fuck cinematic Universes

It had potential.

It could have been an interresting story about the history of american crime and domestic terrorism or it could have been a personal in-depth portrait about one of the most controversial historic figures of the modern era.

In the end it was neither.

Not in my experience :(

theres more anti Sup Forums posters on every board than their are actual Sup Forums posters desu lad

God I hate Bonham-Carter, I bet she has a stinky pussy

Tommy Lee Jones was really butthurt about it too.

that's what happens when you start polluting every board with your bullshit

probably because you're queerbait

>polluting every board with your bullshit
its been happening for close to 6 years
the only new thing on Sup Forums are anti Sup Forums posters that make Sup Forums out to be a bigger deal than it really is

It was fantastic, definitely one of the best from that year. I don't get how it could be so polarizing.

1990 also had Robert Redford's comeback flop (He was wasting his middle aged good looks around this time)

youtube.com/watch?v=TtzbXW0_7yo

Lack of diversification for main casts