It's good

it's good.

I haven't seen it so it's shit

ITT: Dishonest posts

I actually thought it was pretty mediocre for the most part.
It's getting praised because there isn't too many big budget musicals made anymore

That's fair

I liked it personally, but it was bittersweet e ought that I'll probably never watch it again

I liked the tap dancing scene, Emma Stone can be adorable

No, not at all, it's dishonest inauthentic meme trash.

If you enjoy this you are an enemy of cinema

why does everyone say it's dishonest. did they lead you to believe it was something different?

Hive mind nonsense

What was the ending Singin' in the Rain-esque scene trying to communicate?

Was it that Seb shouldn't have compromised on his dream, and that if he would've stuck to his ideals he could've had success and love with Mia at the same time?

If that's not it, plz explain.

No its pretty shit actually

Little bit of an understatement. The opening, Griffith and audition scenes were phenomenal, there wasn't a bad song, and the epilogue was breathtaking in terms of art direction, music and cinematography. Loved it.

It's just a what if and would have probably made a better movie without the forced drama shit

It was to show the life they could have had if life were like an old-timey musical, with everything going right and everyone living happily ever after. In real life you don't have that, you have to deal with the hand you're dealt. It kind of mirrors what Seb said about jazz: "it's conflict and it's compromise".

In the end, they both come to terms with the fact that they couldn't have gotten to this point in their lives without having met each other, and that they needed each other for that specific time.

It's partly what other people have said, but it's also one big metaphor. Earlier in the movie, Seb mentioned that music is like another language, that people can interact and understand each other through it even if they're not able to understand the other's words. So when he sits down to play the one song he'd often play, he was pouring the bottled up emotions of his into the music, and since both he and Mia knew how he played, she was able to understand the song was meant to convey a regret that he didn't go with her to Paris, and didn't make a life with her. You can even see he didn't fulfill his dreams either, his club wasn't named Chicken on a Stick, and it wasn't where he wanted it to be originally.

It wasn't named chicken on a stick because as he said in the movie, it was time to grow up. Naming it Seb's is his memento of Mia and their time together

you guys are a bunch of soppy losers lmao

Kill yourself retard.

The movie was lovely.

i know. i'm the OP

lmao

How is becoming a famous actress with a loving family NOT everything going right for her? For all we know, she likes her husband more than Seb anyway.

It was great, I loved it. The director deserves his Oscar.

this film has left me depressed

No it isn't its pleb's choice. Complete fodder. Badly acted.

who hurt you user?

I meant what the audience claims "everything going right" to be. Audiences like a classic Hollywood ending where the main character guy ends up with the main character girl. This ending didn't do that, and I agree with your points.

A simple but well executed story with relatable characters and great performances told through interesting framing and composition and quality set pieces.

I personally loved the commentaries from side characters which were essentially a critique of the elite in the industry, chuckled quite a few times.