What video games does Sup Forums think would have good film adaptations?

What video games does Sup Forums think would have good film adaptations?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donovan_Patton#Filmography
in.ign.com/j-j-abrams/100139/news/jj-abrams-a-portal-movie-announcement-is-coming-soon
youtube.com/watch?v=i5v6hPr6L7U
youtube.com/watch?v=3yMy7JuGpJM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Batman.

Metal Gear, altough id like it better as a series

Skyrim

Dragon age inquisition

timecop

A story where the main character fucks around endlessly and never accomplishes his primary goal?

second this, also a new adaption of the Witcher

Assassin's Creed

Assassins creed

Dragons Lair feature, but I think Don Bluth's time is growing short ;_;

resident evil 4 with vin diesel as leon

Step up famalam.

Starcraft series

A movie about WoW would be pretty cool

Steve was a much better host than Joe. Joe felt excessively goofy and not as genuine.

FTL.

Could be an almost 2 hour movie where a 4 man crew get a shitty ship up and running and eventually buy upgrades and two new untrustworthy crew members and in the end they fight a leviathan that almost wipes the crew except for 2. Like Fury but better looking and more action.

Angry birds would make a good movie

None.

None of them.

And I say this as an avid gamer.

Most video games would be shit movies because most video game stories fucking suck or are contingent on the main character being a bare bones self-insert.

Ori and the Blind Forest is practically begging for a Pixar/Disney release.

But game movies always end up terrible for some fucking reason so don't do it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donovan_Patton#Filmography

joe also voiced acted for halo 5 and steve didn't which makes steve better

Attila Total War would make a good movie since it's also a historical movie. Same goes for most of the Total War series.

Hey Sup Forums which should I watch first: Sorcerer or Deliverance?

What game this is? Looks like a Total War, but not one I've played.

Age of Empires

>Red Dead Redemption
>The Last of Us
>Heavy Rain
>Bioshock Infinite

attila total war

Sorcerer

>Heavy Rain

Nigger are you for real? All jokes of it already being a movie aside, it wasn't even a good movie. Shit writing, shit acting, shit "editing", you could maybe pull a shitty Lifetime drama from it but not much else.

I want a movie set in the battletech universe

Turok.

Red Alert Series

The first Fallout game, providing they kept the dark comedy and made the protag unpredictable (but aligned chaotic good). The story has constant adversity, stakes that keep getting raised and some spectacular and original locations and characters.

Lego star wars/harry potter

Starless

Star Wars Successor

Assassins Creed

yes

Also i think Portal would be great,sort of like a dark sci fi movie.
Also,JJ Abrams has been thinking of doing it,and he probably is.
in.ign.com/j-j-abrams/100139/news/jj-abrams-a-portal-movie-announcement-is-coming-soon

Hotline Miami
Just the first game though,second game's story sucked

nah, it's one of those games where the whole point is that it's a video game, wouldn't work as another medium

These would hardly work either. A lot of MGS's quality comes from the fact they willingly takes note of the fact that they're a video game

Most kino TW trailer?

youtube.com/watch?v=i5v6hPr6L7U

Any Fallout game, IMO. What'd be most important is to adapt the world, the design elements. It could be the new GotG, an amalgam of SW and Mad Max and The Jetsons.

Tetris has the deepest lore, so Tetris

What is James Bond?

There are hundreds of minor details in New Vegas that a writer could build a story around. Take any faction or vault from that game and you have almost a complete world to set a story in, with original characters, rival factions and major events to explore.

The battle of Bitter Springs
The prisoner takeover of NCRCF
House rebuilding Vegas with tribal gangs that eventually become civilised
The wounded ranger Bryce Anders assassinating Motor-Runner
The fiends taking Vault 3 and massacring the inhabitants

Everywhere you look there are complex stories to play with. But I think you're right that the most important thing would be to preserve Fallout's unique aesthetic. The playful, lighthearted 1950s cartoon style art and designs, mixed in with gritty post-apocalyptic survival themes.

except New Vegas is too big to be made into the movie and it lacks central story, tv show maybe, but not a movie, especially first one in the setting, no one would know whats going on except for people who played the game. better yet leave it the fuck alone because games are great but why the fuck would I even want to see Fallout movie.

New Vegas is the strongest writing I've seen in a game. Namely because the theme of "letting go" is present in nearly every single aspect of its storytelling in different ways.

Every DLC focuses on this, every companion focuses on this and every faction focuses upon this.

That said, any Bethesda game is much too non-linear to ever properly adapt. There's an alright youtube miniseries about it though.

but that was made into a movie

Don't know about film but The Witcher series would make good television, not sure how Hollywood would deal with the lack of niggers though

new vegas is probably best because it's one of the more well written FO games, and the stories are more accessible to mass audiences because of the setting and situations. Even the wacky shit with dead money would work.

Halo 1-3, Halo 3: ODST

Puyo Puyo 2

ME became bigger SJW propaganda than SW is now

Right now, at this moment, Dishonored franchise.
Corvo - Liam Neeson
Emily - Alexandra Torressini
Usurper - Mila (resident evil bitch)

I'm not suggesting a writer try to fit the entire game into a movie, that would be ludicrous. I'm just talking about setting. Borrowing characters and locations, and either adapting one small part of the game, or better yet, write an original story that fits the location and atmosphere.

I'd leave The Courier out of it altogether, or maybe just include a passing reference to that wider story. Maybe news that Benny was killed reaches a minor character in the film, or the Securitron upgrade, or something like that.

I'd love to see a Fallout film done well, but I'm sure I'd be disappointed with it. I don't think the comedy would be prominent or silly enough, for one thing. For example I'd love to see a sort of crossover cameo in it, like the IASIP or Workaholics gang as a small group of dumbass raiders/fiends, just for one scene.

a mediocre spy flick

Skyrim could work as a 13 episode tv series with high budget

Season 1- Civil War
Season 2- Dawnguard
Season 3- Dragonborn

I chose Skyrim because the nords are the major population which means less practical effects and cgi for other races and budget could be well spent on the Dragons instead.

>Beckinsale as Serana
>Biel as Mjoll
>Dafoe as Jarl of Whiterun
>Dan Stevens as Dragonbord

>literally no plot
>*tips nra licence

literal reddit

Unironically Borderlands 2

yeah you're right, FO4 is much better

XCOM tv show

Ensemble cast, politics, alternative history (start in the 70's, end in early 80's but humanity has future tech), operator tactics, scary monsters, main characters getting BTFO and side characters developing into psychic warriors

world of warcraft

>But game movies always end up terrible for some fucking reason
Wonder what the reason could be, anything to do with the fact they're made for a cashgrab? The fact they can be utter shite and they know nerds will still flock to them? The fact they rarely gel with the source material because it would be easier to make a shit war film and call it Call of Duty than actually research the franchise?

Or, you know, any of the above and more besides.

Video game flicks have a reputation for trash because the studios don't ever let them be anything but. The only real exceptions are Mortal Kombat (the first one) because they embraced the bonkers world of the source material and Prince of Persia. One supposes the Pokémon movies have to count too but they're an extension of an already present adaptation rather than being a studio making a quick buck off a property they just bought.

m8 prince of persia was fucking dog shit

Literally best movie game adaptation to date

it was but its one of the only Video Game movies who actually adapted and is closest to the source materials, same with Street Fighter

one of the problems of Video Game movies is that the men behind them think that the whole world and premise is too 'ridiculous' for a serious movie, fuck off mate, not everything has to be serious and brooding,

Assassins Creed movie wasnt about simple assassinations, it was about a complicated plot about an apple and 80% of the movie is spent in the modern day, while the past only has the assassins running from the bad guys because they were too stupid to do their job

Resident Evil is a simple survival game with zombies, and its all about limited resources, the movie is all about a telekinetic Superhuman who beats zombies with hand to hand combat

How hard it is to adapt the source material ,really?

Silent Hill 2 but it's so good that I wouldn't want to see how badly they'd fuck it up. It makes me laugh when you see studios putting out "cinematic" shit like Heavy Rain and it can't even compare to the atmosphere and storytelling SH2 had in 2001.

For it to be any good, it has to use enough elements of the game to be an adaptation and also not be impenetrable to non-fans. I think it succeeded admirably on both fronts. Also consider it's a Disney film so there are a few restrictions there too which it overcame. Obviously the moment has long passed now, but I'd not have objected at the time to some sequel love for it.

>
>it was but its one of the only Video Game movies who actually adapted and is closest to the source materials, same with Street Fighter
Oof, talk about damning with faint praise. The SF movie is, in my view, garbage. To a fan it's a terrible adaptation, to a non-fan, it's just poorly written, acted and directed. So bad it's good, sure, but not good on its own merits, I don't think anyway.

shit taste

Hot damn.
Last I heard of him the Nostalgia Critic was shilling for him because Bluth actually wants to do that.

>>Assassins Creed movie wasnt about simple assassinations, it was about a complicated plot about an apple and 80% of the movie is spent in the modern day, while the past only has the assassins running from the bad guys because they were too stupid to do their job
That sums up AC pretty well though

Post more Daphne.

Which bit did you like the most? The black and white character alignments being back to front? The merger of two characters into the incredible Dhalka? Raul Júlia as M. Bison, withering cancer patient? JCVD being so hammy the film is prohibited in the Jewish community?

It's a good film to put on if you want a laugh but it's not supposed to be shit. It's literally not difficult to make a film of a fighting tournament, there must be dozens that stand as testament to that. Instead, they made it a war film with outlandish caricatures yet played it almost entirely straight-faced. SF has a ridiculously shallow story, even today, but they still managed to drown themselves in it.

Angry Birds movie was dope

The Suffering
CoD 4
Borderlands
DMC in a style done like Constantine
Binding of Isaac short film
Super Meat boy (keeping platforming elements just to fight against boss in a lair)
Alan Wake
Dead Space
Maybe duologies or trilogies of Dragon Age and Mass Effect

Is that real? I played shitload of attila but never noticed that.

Bioshock, because the novelization is better than the actual games.

Portal, because there is a rich, untapped backstory, JK Simmons deserves a starring role, and Jonathan Coulton deserves to score a musical.

BLOODBORNE
L
O
O
R
N
E

I'd love a LISA movie but they'd fuck it up

The Witcher
Life Is Strange
Portal
Uncharted

FFVII is the best rated videogame adaptation. (7.4 on IMDb)

I think JRPG and games with a cinematic plot can work well in the big screen, the problem lies in the extremely long gameplay that is damn near impossible to fit within a single trilogy let alone a two hours run-of-the-mill feature.

>Just the first game though,second game's story sucked

First game would work great as a film but perhaps add the Beard scenes from hm2 into it so we understand Jackets motivation on taking on pretty much everyone. Also so it wouldn't drag down a sequel.

MUST have a disco scene akin to John Wicks, but most stylistically done.

Second could be done if you scrapped half the characters and kept the Pulp Fiction-esque story.
Only keep the Fans, Pardo, Richter and the Mafia Gang boss

Actually you could probably easily scrap Pardo completely and the shitty journalist.

>CoD 4

I'd really appreciate a film about borderline superhuman SAS operators doing awesome shit. It feels like a genre that died with the 90s and now everyone's so scared of guns that you're not allowed to make them anymore.

>not reach

Metro

Is the prose any good? I might go check this one out

Pathologie
Dead Space by Carpenter

Clock Tower

Nitroball

Why is Daphne such a cute name. It's like you know the girl will be fun.

Super Monkey Ball

youtube.com/watch?v=3yMy7JuGpJM
SPACE

Would love to see a Gears Of War film but I know it will probably flop like all the other video game movies

That would be pretty cool.

I like it. The story is simple and dramatic enough to translate well to a movie.

Fallout is definitely the best choice. But a comedy like No More Heroes could also be pretty amazing, who even liked that for the gameplay?

An adventure film like Sly Cooper or Jak would work too. I have no idea how they managed to fuck up the Ratchet and Clank movie so badly, it was the easiest thing in the world to get right.