ITT: Movies that don't hold back

ITT: Movies that don't hold back

Or the original

Never Back Down 2

booting to an epic thread. let's keep it going, gentlemen.

Straw Dogs is so much better than the other shit posted in this thread.

OP didn't specify quality. The criteria was 'not holding back'.

Understood, but still disappointing. A lot of these films that "don't hold back," have nothing that controversial to say anyway.

this is thread is euphoric

what's controversial about straw dogs?

would raging bull fit this category

Uncle Ben's dialogue was pretty intense for what was supposed to be a child's movie

woman enjoying rape.

TWISTED
FUCKING
PSYCHOPATH

yeah that is pretty fucked up, don't the characters have a history?

i tried to rape my gf but she really wasn't into it

id have posted more but my fedora keeps falling off KEK KEK KEK

The film is notoriously controversial in depicting a woman seemingly enjoying rape. What Peckinpah had to say about women in general still divides people, and is sometimes ignored when evaluating his work, to avoid stirring argument.

And no, Raging Bull doesn't fit.

Yeah, the thread might end up making the argument that edginess doesn't lend itself to substance. Although I don't think the films posted so far are bad.

Also, everybody has to start somewhere. For younger audiences, I'm sure the stuff posted so far is genuinely disturbing. 'Extreme' cinema definitely becomes less compelling the more older and jaded you get. I suppose the effect these have on you depends a lot on the order you see them in. Irreversible was pretty memorable when I first saw it. If I saw it for the first time today, I'd perhaps think it was trying a bit too hard. I think it's pretty effective at being repulsive and disturbing, but I don't know how much of that is down to when I first saw it.

pure kino riiight?

Novelty is lost as you get older and see more movies, leaving you in a better place to judge a film's actual merits. I just think Straw Dogs set a bad precedent for the thread, as "not holding back" can be interpretated in many ways.

I'll just shut up and throw out one of my own choices: the Devils.

DUDE EGDY LMAO