Take out Seamus 10/10 album

It's a headscratcher for me why they actually put that song on a record, but it's not long enough for me to care to delete it. What really hurts this album is how the songs all kinda go in different directions. I feel like A Pillow of Winds, Fearless and Echoes are the only songs that actually fit together.
On a sidenote, I would have loved to hear a PF album with the mood and groove of San tropez all record-long.

That's funny I've actually thought this for a long time, but it has kind of gotten to the point where it has found its own place. I like how it has such a completely different mood to Echoes. In a way it almost enhances the effect of the next twenty some odd minutes.

Exactly. Those tracks and One of These Days are really the only songs that come to mind when I think of this album. The others are good, but they don't espetially stick out upon recall.

i like seamus

its a throwback to their early influences in blues and rnb, even the beatles had a roots rock phase. not every album has to connect with every song like dark side

Can someone explain why in The Wall, Pink goes all nazi?

I've thought this too. The longest song follows the shortest. I always thought of the album being comprised of these very light and cozy songs that are sandwitched between two massive monuments of progresstive rock, and Seamus accentuates that.

I can still hear the ethereal folk strumming of "Fearless" (as well as its incorporation of that football chant) and the silly jazz plucking of "San Tropez" years and years after the fact. There's a really fun album sandwiched in between those two nightmarish tracks, and that's something I appreciate about the album. That same general disparity has been revisited by them on Wish You Were Here and Animals, and it's almost like a theme of theirs to contrast sharply between the serene and the hellish.

Seamus and San Tropez are quite literally pleb filters.

The dog is better than the song

According to Wikipedia, it's a hallucination induced by the drugs taken during Comfortably Numb.

thanks, also after hes being dragged out of the hotel room, where does he go? Does he imagine all of that asylum stuff?

the only pink floyd album even close to a 10 is ummagumma

Not sure what you're talking about, give me song names or look up the wiki page, it explains the sequence of events.

how does it feel going day by day being this much of a contrarian?

Heyooo we got a Patrician in the house!

This is off topic, but how do you feel about Obscured by Clouds OP? I wouldn't equate the general mood of the album to San Tropez, but there are a couple tracks that near that territory.

Exactly. For the sake of coziness, I kind of wish they'd made a full album around the sound of Pillow and Fearless, but artistically, the contrast works wonders. It just takes a very particular mood to listen to.

Definitely. it makes those extended epics easier to digest

I think he's talking about the trial and all that. To answer his question, it's metaphorical. Just like the wall, it's symbolic of his isolation.

its the scene right before the final animation sequence happens and the wall falls, hes next to a toilet muttering to himself in an asylum like place

Echoes is a great song, and not to sound too normy, but it's so goddamn long that I feel like listening to it is like climbing a mountain.

So the songs Stop and The Trial, he's basically regretting his actions and starting to feel emotion for the first time in a while. It's pretty much "in his head".

oh i see, thanks everyone who helped me out, cheers

Oh yeah, and especially around the 11 minute mark, you're wondering where it's going to pick up again. It's an exhausting, but rewarding listen. That section from the 15 minute mark to a few seconds after the 18 still gives me chills. It's so perfect.

D U D E
>emotional isolation leading to overly militaristic emotional exclusion of other people (ding ding ding nazi symbolism) in order to maintain distance and therefore not risk pain because Pink's vulnerability was repeatedly exploited when he was younger (ding ding ding further nazi symbolism)
L M A O

>throw Echoes on 2nd side
>filler grab bag on first side
Is it even an album

The Live at Pompeii set splits it into two sections to bookend the performance, if you're into that sort of thing.

His isolation turned him into the very thing that killed his father

Yea. It's such a challenging listen, espetially compared to the other songs.

>calling One of These Days filler

One of These Days is one of Floyd's best songs ever. That guy's a pleb.

Christ almighty it's the opener. how is it filler?

I thoroughly enjoyed the OBC so much so that its my top 3 of the Pink Floyd discography.

It's a great album. I never understood why it's been so overlooked

>fat old sun
>one of these days
>echoes

there is a bootleg with this tracklist and its amazing

San Tropez is one of Pink Floyd's most accessible tracks