How can a country be so saturated with musical talent?

How can a country be so saturated with musical talent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WU2kjMMU0Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=1g_FlR-LJjs
youtube.com/watch?v=VbUHTns63Vs
youtube.com/watch?v=T0yrXMmmk3w
youtube.com/watch?v=JhllblIZRao
youtube.com/watch?v=q1B1X1rloSg
youtube.com/watch?v=62eG0ThY5QM
youtube.com/watch?v=Ydpu32L-tZY
youtube.com/watch?v=Qs7Fnr0c1Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-YVsFxj5xo
youtube.com/watch?v=flPRq-pcJKg
youtube.com/watch?v=UUeAy__BaFY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How can one sound saturate an entire country* ftfy

jah bless

>one sound
what did he mean by this?

post Jamaican masterpieces youtube.com/watch?v=WU2kjMMU0Sk

youtube.com/watch?v=1g_FlR-LJjs

All relevant Jamaican music is reggae

>"All relevant Jamaican music is reggae"
>What is dub

It is not.

Actually, USA and UK are saturated with WEEDLMAOers, hence the buff

>An actual reggae thread on this GODFORSAKEN board

Alright, finally.

youtube.com/watch?v=VbUHTns63Vs
youtube.com/watch?v=T0yrXMmmk3w
youtube.com/watch?v=JhllblIZRao
youtube.com/watch?v=q1B1X1rloSg
youtube.com/watch?v=62eG0ThY5QM

boom bye bye in a batty boy head

>roots in jazz
>generally positive, but not afraid to address serious issues
>not ashamed to adopt would-be-obnoxious meme techniques and make them sound good
>finely tuned moral compass, backed up by philosophically sound lyrics
>unabashedly sexual lyricism, decades ahead of any other genre in explicit detail; still discourages promiscuity
>pro-drug use, but only in the pursuit of self improvement
>healthy pride in their race and country
>people love to dance to it
>now enjoyed worldwide by people of all ages and social status (despite humble beginnings)
>*invents producer-centric music*
>*seeds hiphop in New York*
>*seeds grime in UK*
>trademark hairstyle that's timeless, literally worn since cavemen times
>completely sincere and unironic about the New Religious Movement associated with the music (rastafarians). turns out to be far less toxic than most NRMs (my opinion)
>dietary restrictions summed up: only eat healthy food
>genre identity going strong on what 60 years?
name one (1) virgin pleb genre that even comes close to chad-ass reggae

Where have you been all my life? This is the single greatest post I've ever seen on Sup Forums. Well done. Why don't we have a /reggae/ general here? Reggae is truly chad enough of a genre to sustain it with a never-ending torrent of fresh sounds. We'll take anyone to task who dares challenge the supremacy of reggae.

dont talk about things you clearly know nothing about

i actually posted this earlier today but the thread died after like five posts. i'll keep an eye out for you and future /reggae/ threads though

It's seriously an infuriating thing how clueless this board is about what is arguably one of the single most important musical forms to emerge in human history. The same garbage, depressive, popular music is circulated incessantly here while the most crucial tunes to develop out of the Western hemisphere are abandoned and ridiculed. What's worse is that any reggae threads that do pop up are all the same: some guys openly disparage the genre with laughable ignorance, while some more just say that "dub is alright" while maybe 1 contributor posts anything worthwhile. Could we change this? Could we do something about this stagnant and stubborn board culture?

Because people care more about doing music than from stop being poor

Aye, I saw your thread but only once it was already archived. Good on you for spreading the gospel though, not many folks like us. I guess I'll adopt the name "Rastanon" so you can be aware that it's me.

as someone who got over the "reggae sucks" meme long long ago, I still struggle to expand my tastes beyond a few compilations i listen to. web "radio" services help a little, but what I really need is some knowledgeable reggae nerds to point me in the right direction.
i've listened to pic related so many times. i love it all. but where do i go from here?
also this has left me clueless to the last two or three most recent decades :(

>reggae

lmao

I guess I might as well draw the line in the sand here and adopt this moniker right away. I'm gonna be bold and brash here for a second and say that I'm probably one of Sup Forums's most knowledgeable reggae nerds. I know that probably sounds pretentious, and maybe it is, but given what I know about this board it's probably also true.

The thing is that pretty much no one I know has the same love and ardor I have for the music, so whenever I do find someone who's interested in learning more I give them my full attention. If you want to know where to go from there (and what you linked is a nice set that's representative of the earlier foundations of what would become the reggae we know today), then I would recommend getting accustomed to the chronological progression of genres in Jamaican musical history: mento, R&B, ska, rocksteady, reggae, dub, dancehall, and now ragga. You have everything up to ska down, so let me give you some good rocksteady to round out your listening.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ydpu32L-tZY
youtube.com/watch?v=Qs7Fnr0c1Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-YVsFxj5xo
youtube.com/watch?v=flPRq-pcJKg
youtube.com/watch?v=UUeAy__BaFY

I can't express how much I enjoy educating and telling others about this music. Sometimes it seems like I'm the only one who cares, so I'm glad that this really isn't the case. If you have any more questions or anything of the sort, I'll be monitoring as Rastanon. Many thanks.

thank you rastanon! i am gonna listen to these but then im going to sleep, so i hope you stick around Sup Forums and hand out more reggae recs!
i agree with everything you said, that jamaican music is important and beautiful and it's hard to find other people who know (let alone ones who know it well)

Aye, many thanks for giving me some hope. I'll definitely see what I can do about popularizing reggae 'round these parts, and I won't go down without a fight. These people truly don't know what they're missing and I can only hope that in the marketplace of music I have a niche. Have a good night, and I hope to see you again soon.