Can an American explain the point of renaissance festivals?

Can an American explain the point of renaissance festivals?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puy_du_Fou
youtube.com/user/shadmbrooks
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bison
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>white people

For most Americans it's just something to do.

They like to pretend they have history

It looks like Le Puy du Fou, a park we have in France who was created by a far right guy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puy_du_Fou

That too
>fucking white people

I'm sure it's an American thing.

Apparently they have them in Europe too, that and LARPers.

>Apparently they have them in Europe too, that and LARPers.
Renfests or white people?

Medieval faires over here are generally run by people who know their shit and aren't populated by furries or fatties on scooters

this is europe, where history comes from

Both. At least till sandniggers take over

Role playing

The renfest where I live was devoid of fats and furries the last time I was there 5 years ago. I'm sure it's not that way now. Fucking transplants from shit states

>where history comes from
Pretty sure that's Mesopotamia, but I guess Mesopotamia is coming to Europe these days.

A shame. I've been to a few proper medieval faires where they've had jousting and shit in full plate armour. Medieval reenactors are serious business.

Yeah trust an american to turn a joke into politics

Unfortunately true.

But I love Ren faires

the US was technically settled near the end of the English Renaissance. I wish we just had fairs devoted to that. early colonial Virginia was really neat

they're just basically softcore Gorean and arthurian tales

>they're just basically softcore Gorean and arthurian tales

by this I mean renaissance fairs

>Australian
Can you explain the point of Shadiversity, who is at least 20 times cringier than a ren faire?

youtube.com/user/shadmbrooks

>everything what's wrong with America in one pic

my cousin's middle school tried to do a native-american festival, but it got stopped by progressive white people who were worried about cultural appropriation.

Ours was (is) proper for the most part. I might have to check it out next year

Sure it did.

There's not enough early colonial media desu

That shit gets me hard. Not the spreading-pox-to-the-natives bit, but the exploration of the unknown and early colony building.

yeah. she even made a vest out of a paper bag similar to in my pic.

>this is europe, where history comes from
This is some American tier arrogance and ignorance.

kek

definitely, the Indians weren't even dying off that much then, they put up a pretty brutal fight and got beaten. The Virginia colony expanded very slowly and had some impressive fortifications

There's some odd stuff I've been trying to research about Fort Nya Elfsborg (Myggenborgh) in New Jersey that I can't find anything more about and the site itself has been under water for a couple of hundred years. Read about them finding extensive well-made bricks and several wells that they believed dated several hundred years before their arrival in 1643

>This is some American tier arrogance and ignorance.
It's a classic Eddie Izzard line

Besides this is quite literally where the history related to Ren faires comes from.

Ehhhhh. Mix feelings about this.

Also, most Americans believe tis Italian actor was actually a Native American.

>Fort Nya Elfsborg
That's funny because I come from original Elfsborg.

I'm afraid I don't know too much about our own colonial history though. We didn't get a lot of stuff done and were pretty preoccupied back home whatwith the 30 Years' War and later conflicts.

I went to Whole Foods, and bought ground buffalo meat, and made buffalo burgers for her whole family since I'm unemployed with too much time on my hands.

Buffalo, or Bison?
There is a huge difference in those 2 bovines.

>Buffalo, or Bison?

no there isn't you dumbass

Don't mean to insult you. Is just that i read a lot of shit.

>tfw parents used to dress you in faggy costumes and take you to them
I never had a chance to be normal, but at least the LARP jousting arena served ridiculous amounts of delicious meat. Eating it bare handed was a bit of a drag though.

Also
>those 'Nam flashbacks of sneezing up black snot after breathing bails of hay all day.

that's a water buffalo, in English we say "water buffalo" when we refer to one. If we say "Buffalo" we mean bison

I just checked wiki. You are right, you guys use the same name for bovines that are not cows of bulls.
>Although generally known as a buffalo in North America
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bison

the top one. tasted pretty good.

>tfw a bison tried to fuck up your car and then slim jimmed his ridiculously long tongue through your cracked window

it's technically more accurate to use bison for american and european bisons than buffalo, as buffalo does refer more to animals like water buffalo but people here almost never say "bison" and people would probably treat you like an aspie and not know what you were talking about if you used it instead of buffalo

Here in south Brazil we also enjoy Buffalo meat. "Passo do Sobrado" is a close town which is the Brazilian capital of buffalo.
I have being chased (sort of, he was slow) by a buffalo, my friends laugh his ass off for some weeks.
Scientifically speaking, Buffalo come from Asia. But arr rock the same.

sopa de buffalo

Churrasco, actually.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

>this is europe, where history comes from
He's right. Well at least the most well known

Wut? You imported buffalos?

Don't go around saying that shit irl or you are going to get spanked sven

No, we grow them...

Para mozzarella?

>mozzarella
Cheese?

Si, queso

Because it's fun. why do you hate fun?

would like to go to one, but i'm sure my asian ass would break immersion for these school shooter larpers. so i stay away out of politeness

dress up as a silk roader and pretend you're importing dank spices

this

>"""renaissance""" fair
>everything is an exaggeration of the middle ages

Makes me go hmmm

We fantasize because we spend most our time working our asses off

That's because people here don't take medieval fairs seriously.

just some neetcunt talking about realism in fiction, there are heaps of channels like that