what the fuck was their problem
also why is this movie so underrated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DPgPyDBmY-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ACK ACK ACK?

ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK!

ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK

the general consensus of this movie is that Sup Forums was too young when it first came out and instead of seeing it as a comedy much of the movie was truly horrifying. Like seeing people vaporized into skeletons, seeing Nicholson getting impaled by a flag, people being shrunk and stepped on, people's fingers getting bitten off, etc.

ACK ACK ACK!

but seeing all the characters played by famous actors getting brutally murdered was supposed to be the draw. in fact the studio told him he couldn't kill jack nicholson so he had him play two characters and killed him twice
i mean, it was based on a series of trading cards depicting the martians blowing up monuments and disintegrating people with death rays

This board is obsessed with the WE WUZ PHARAOHS KINGS N SHIEEET meme, yet they never acknowledge this movie. Why is that? Underage? You have a virile black King Tut box the shit out of the white boy martians.

That was the first DVD I ever bought.

>Don't run, we are your friends.

i can confirm that this film was spooky as fuck when i was a kid

>white boy Martians
Not even my racial complex is so deep that I think these guys represent whites

I still think it's spooky as fuck.

this. i was so frightened by this movie. also ET

>big brains
>tiny bodies
They're white, senpai.

They came to colonize the planet, that was always their goal.

>tiny bodies
> white
hahaha

By far the spookiest

didn't the dove pissed them off somehow? they said they came in peace before they saw it.

no man, they shot it because they're dicks

>instead of seeing it as a comedy much of the movie was truly horrifying.
user, you should try to find the TOPS trading cards the movie was based on. They're gruesome as fuck. The movie was so much more sanitized from the source material.

Fun fact: Burton aquired the rights to DINOSAURS ATTACK! With mars attacks. So its entirely possible that may become a movie someday as well.

They hate hippies.

you do realize you lot were 4 feet tall ayy lmaos before whites started breeding you?

Meant for

>mfw this movie unironically scared the shit out of me when I was a kid

Literally explain to me how this is underrated. If your argument is deemed invalid, you're going to delete this thread and never come back to Sup Forums.

>fags were scared of this movie

Maybe you guys just don't have a twisted, edgy sense of humor like me.

Lol you thought this was scary when you were young? This shit was awesome, Gremlins was scarier even

It's a new stupid meme you retard, get with the times.

FUCKING FAGGOT

>the martians were white

what

Shit, I thought I was the only one.

ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK, ACK ACK ACK ACK!

It was really over stuffed and not as funny as it thought it was

Still enjoyable. I'd give it a B to a B-

Maybe because it's a fucking SCIFI COMEDY

this whole movie freaked me out so much as a kid but this woman was by far the worst

i got so horny and scared at the same time i didnt know what to do with myself

Honestly the gremlin in the paper shredder in 2 was the one that always made me feel uncomfortable as a kid.

>Shit, I thought I was the only one.
Reddit reply

I can confirm. The vaporized skeletons and zapping the bird made me leave the room (I'd had dreams of Peetree(?) From Land Before Time getting fried by lava geysers before so it was extra spooky)

I only saw this movie mentioned again as recently as two years ago, and until then I'd thought it was a weird fever dream. Even more shocking was finding out it was apparently a comedy.

>6,3/10 on imdb
>53% on rottentomatoes
it is not aappriciated and deserves better scores. do you literally understand the meaning of the word "underrated"?

>Acknowledge? Acknowledge?
>Acknowledge! Acknowledge!

I like these aliens. They all agree, everytime.

>didn't the dove pissed them off somehow? they said they came in peace before they saw it.
Nah, when they first meet them they shoot the dove someone releases. Someone makes a joke that maybe they dont like birds, so when they go to meet them the second time they have the "no doves" sign and the ayys shoot up everyone again just like last time. Its supposed to be stupid and absurd... Ya know, like the rest of the movie.

because the message is that some aliens are just evil and that doesn't go along with today consensus of blaming it all on the white human male

jesus christ dude, you are literally cancer

how am I wrong
if the aliens invaded because the USA president would have killed some of them it would have at least a 70% on rottentomattoes
you know it's true

>be advanced space faring race
>be busy with serious galactic politics and conflicts
>come across some random shitpit full of primitives
>decide to use it as entertainment and have jolly good laugh
>get memeed shalayyylman style

>mfw i remember watching this and attack of the killer tomatoes as a kid and thinking that they're pretty much the same thing
>mfw i realized that this was made with hundred millions and tomatoes was made with 10k
>mfw

This movie is meh, should have been 10 times better with such a great cast

The only genuinely entertaining parts are the ones with CG aliens and this says a lot

it is horror kino

Went and saw it in the theatres when I was like 6 or 7. It's actually one of the first movies I remember ever seeing. Yeah there were parts that were effective and scared the shit out of me (the pigeon disintegration scene) but the ending made me laugh even then.

Also where I developed my portman crush.

ITT underage fags

>they said they came in peace

they were just making fun of retarded murrilards

Checked.
But yeah, remember the part where they're chasing people around and vaporizing them while ack acking their heads off carrying a translator thats repeating "WE COME IN PEACE!"

The movie is 20 years old, you fucking retard.

People who were born when this movie came out will be at least 20 by now.

checked

>dont run, we are your friends
How do you react Sup Forums?

I saw it at the cinema when I was 8 and I had nightmares for the next few nights

I unironically like Slim Whitman, I'd see if my singing it kills them too

youtube.com/watch?v=DPgPyDBmY-k

Space jews.

Mars is our greatest ally.

Unpleasant and generally not fun to watch.

People with autism are generally attracted to this movie because the martians are basically space trolls

This idea was stolen from the Twilight Zone episode #95 titled, "Hocus-Pocus And Frisby".

To be fair, "Twilight Zone did it" was the original "Simpsons did it"

you got me
this movie is what made me scared of aliens

I saw this in theatres when I was 8 and it was the funniest shit in the world. Jurassic Park is still the scariest movie I've seen in theatres. I was 5.

I had a nightmare about mars attacks, and I had nightmares about ET for 5 years straight. he would come through my window and murder me every night, always by eating the back of my neck. i can still remember that weird feeling on my neck

That was real.