I think most people respect other people's music choices out of fairness...

I think most people respect other people's music choices out of fairness, but how many people here genuinely think their music taste is superiour to everyone elses?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundcloud_rap),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If anything this board has made me aware that I'm a bit of a pleb

it's okay to think it, that's half of having a "taste", so long as you don't actually verbalise that feeling to real human beings. if you do that you're a fucking twerp.

Some people have better taste than others.
Like if you think Imagine Dragons is a good band, ill still appreciate you as a person but ill think youre a tasteless retard when it comes to the arts.

I feel kind of proud that I've forged my own relatively unique tastes with minimal spoonfeeding, but that's about it

I just fucking hate this obnoxious soundcloud rap shit.
Literally everything else is fine. But that shit makes me lose respect for someones' taste.

Most of the rap I listen to is Soundcloud-grown. I hate Lil-Pump and 6ix9ine because they are goofy ass clowns that make shitty music, but That doesn't mean you should exclude such a diverse, innovative community.

Pretty sure he's referring to soundcloud rap - the genre (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundcloud_rap), not all rap from soundcloud.

I feel that
To me I feel like I'm a pleb compared to people who sit down and take music very seriously, but my taste is much much better than most people who "like" music
It's like this weird in between where i dont fit either side
But I'm listening to new stuff all the time, so maybe eventually I'll become a pretentious music fag and fit in better here

I would never actually tell people i know irl i think their taste is shit, but fuck when i play music and friends say "this is just noise" i really want to

This whole post makes me feel pretentious

I do genuinely believe that there is a significant difference in people who play an instrument and people who don't in how they assess the music they listen to and thus how they talk about it, and it always obvious.

Yessir, I meant that.

i dont think im superior to the normalfag. i know im superior to people that listen to reggae though

yeah definitely. i think it's the same again for people who have their hands in production/engineering. it makes you more observant and it's nice when you can appreciate something in the music more because of it, but it also makes you more critical, more neurotic and more jealous which sucks sometimes.
i'm still super sentimental about some artists though, it's not like i need everything to be flawless and earth shatteringly unique to be satisfied.

>It's like this weird in between where i dont fit either side
Yeah, are you literally me?
I've been slowly trying to develop my taste and listen to new things, but I know that it's still a lot of entry level stuff.

A lot of what I've added to my favourites over the last year or so (not that I have an actual written list, you know what I mean) would probably be considered kind of inaccessible to my normie co-workers or other acquaintances but pleb here or with any serious music people.
I think I'll always be kind of limited in my appreciation of music too because I have no knowledge of music theory or how to play an instrument.
Like in most areas of my life, I'm just alienating myself from everyone, I'd feel out of my depth or frustrated in most conversations about music.
I really only use this board for help finding new stuff.

You don't need to feel superior to someone else to have taste. It works the other way around: people build taste based on what they like, and then if they are a loser they will try to assert that they have "better" taste.

I only look down on those white trash emo types that listen to tech n9ne, nu-metal, "bass music", and tryhard deathcore like infant annihilator

yeah but tell me you don't agree with sometimes it's okay to think another person's taste is awful imo, and you're entitled to think that, just keep it to yourself.

I say I dont care what other people listen to, but god, when you have a friend who loves cosplay and imagine dragons and treats them like the pinnacle of music.... sometimes you just gotta let them know theyre wrong

The funny thing about Coldplay is how open the main dude is about what they're doing.
Every song sounds the same, the lyrics are just nice sounding words put together in a few minutes and we're gonna keep doing it until it stops making shitloads of freaking money

me

As soon as I posted my thought , I saw that and was like I agree with that, so we are on the same page, nice trips

taste doesn't mean fucking shit. when will u fucking idiots grow up and realize this.
ITS SO FUCKING EASY JUST TO CLAIM HIGHLY RATED ALBUMS AS YOUR OWN TASTE OF MUSIC TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL SUPERIOR TO YOUR "FRIENDS"

unless you can understand why you think those albums/artist are good based on your opinion. you're just as bad as the kid who likes imagine dragon but least with him he decided on his own. and didn't have some website spoon feed him and tell him its good.

You are me and we are I

I don't think my music taste is superior to most people, I only think its superior to people who like music that I actively hate and cannot see the quality in. Anything like trap, club rap, meme rap, really vapid or commercial pop, pop punk, crunkcore etc.

I don't like country music or classical, but I don't think I have better taste than those people.

you're not doing yourself any favors by listening to music you don't like either. it's not about being good/bad, it's just such a pointless thing to be pretentiousness and dishonest about. it's pretty obvious when someone's trying too hard so it's not like there's even any point pretending to have unusual taste to impress a girl or w/e.

at the same time though i don't think you have to be able to define everything you like about a piece of music to be able to genuinely like it. you can still feel something in music that you like without knowing exactly what the artist is doing.

Not the guy you replied to but I get legit butthurt when people tell me I've got shit taste because I don't like imagine dragon