David Ayer's BRIGHT

Kino?

>In a world where humans and magical creatures are begrudgingly forced to coexist, human policeman Scott Ward (Will Smith) is partnered with newly-transferred Orc Nick Jakoby (Joel Edgerton). While investigating a shootout in crime-ridden South Central Los Angel, they come across a rare and valuable item: A magic wand, capable of rewriting reality itself. Framed for a crime they didn't commit, they go on the run to protect the wand, while being pursued by two rival gangs, corrupt cops, federal agents, private companies and the witch to whom the wand belongs, and must protect the wand to prove their innocence.

>Written by Max Landis.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z6UA0XQjzGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing David Ayer is associated with is ever good.

Looks like shit. Will skip.

HAHAHAHA THIS IS A REAL MOVIE? HAHA

couldn't just do shadowrun, could you?

>Written by Max Landis
Lord, the nepotism....

well this came to mind...

>Max Landis
might be cool

>no Kstew
uhhmmmm

in b4 the racism and speciesism(?) they both have to overcome

this top kek

Max landis is an out of touch tool

>David Ayre
>Max Landis
>Will 'one flop away from JUST' Smith
>Tolkien creatures in a modern America police drama
>$100m production cost

This can't end well

>Édgar Ramírez as Kandomere, an elf who works for the FBI’s magic division

We Harry Potter now

Missed opportunity if they don't use this song
youtu.be/Z6UA0XQjzGw

This looks incredibly embarrassing. What happened to Will Smith to make him choose all these garbage projects to work on?

Deadshot was a good choice though

>Los Angel
Please please please tell me that's a typo. Please tell me Landis did NOT use the plural "Los" for the singular "Angel" and get paid $3,500,000 for it. Fuck. Just fuck everyone and everything.

that faggot was offended that Hispanics were being played by white people

Really makes you think...
that he doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself and the rainbow hair and non-stop stream of PC bullshit is just him virtue signaling

Is max landis gonna become the most hated man on Sup Forums?

Considering Sup Forums was just sucking his dick over Dirk Gently I doubt it.

No one has mentioned yet that this is a Netflix movie.

>what you mean, orc lives matter
>don't you mean, ALL lives matter? (smug face)

>David Ayer and Max Landis
jesus that's like getting Michael Bay and Damon Lindelof to make a movie together

actually it's not even that because those two can make something halfway decent. It's like Skip Woods and Uwe Boll

>Zootopia but with fantasy creatures
10/10 Max

Sounds kinda dumb...

At least it's straight to Netflix garbage. Big Willy's testing out the water.

another Max Landis gem of just mashing two movies together

>Alien Nation + District 9 but they're orcs instead of Aliens so it's totally different

>Constantly whines about the rehashed nature of hollywood
>rips off shadowrun

Bravo landis

>remember ugly Americans?
>what if it was a cop drama

No it wasn't because SS was terrible and there won't be any sequels when Wonder Woman and Justice League both flop this year.

What is Training Day

Training Day was good.

overrated trash

No taste.

>King Kong, ain't got SHIT, ON ME!

>In a world where humans and magical creatures are begrudgingly forced to coexist, human policeman Scott Ward (Will Smith) is partnered with newly-transferred Orc Nick Jakoby (Joel Edgerton). While investigating a shootout in crime-ridden South Central Los Angel, they come across a rare and valuable item: A magic wand, capable of rewriting reality itself. Framed for a crime they didn't commit, they go on the run to protect the wand, while being pursued by two rival gangs, corrupt cops, federal agents, private companies and the witch to whom the wand belongs, and must protect the wand to prove their innocence.

The fuck?

>black man walks in on orc man fucking black man's wife

I mean I understood they were framing this as cross-cultural tension but geez did they have to go that far?

>It is shadowrun but without all the things that make it interesting
10/10 will not be watching

that's the worst premise i have ever read. sounds like something a 10 year old would write.

Fuck off, retard.

I liked Sabotage and Fury.

>This is a real thing

What the fuck

This just sounds like a buddy cop movie except they replaced "black cop" and "briefcase full of money" with "orc" and "magic wand"
It's almost stupid enough to work, except that Will Smith has literally lost all ability to act and Max Landis hasn't done anything halfway decent since Chronicle. I can almost guarantee there'll be a racism subplot with the humans and the fairy tale creatures

well you have shit taste

+ Zootopia

More like Artemis Fowl desu

>I can almost guarantee there'll be a racism subplot with the humans and the fairy tale creatures
>I can almost guarantee
>almost

Nah nigga. Dis shit ain't ebben gon be subtle.

Who's the orc?

>In a world where humans and magical creatures are begrudgingly forced to coexist,
guess that explains the manlet

I think most critics liked Fury, and I didn't think Sabotage was as bad as everybody made it out to be. They're both entertaining movies with a nice faux-grit feel.

End of Watch then

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

humans, orcs, and niggers...

Let me guess, it'll push the modern liberal fantasy trope where they admit that LITERALLY TOTALLY DIFFERENT SPECIES EXIST, yet still go "HURR DONT DISCRIMINATE" and that race mixing between them is ok

just give it up everything he's done is Suicide Squad tier or worse

who thought this was a good idea? seriously though just reading this summary you can tell instantly it will get terrible reviews and bomb. and even will smith is starring in it.

did they look at this and think "yeah people are gonna love this!"

>Orc
>That short

They should have made him a Goblin.

This sounds like Alien Nation with Orcs.

It looks like a cartel member joined the lapd
>David Ayer
yeah, no

Is this real?

Nope
Nope
Nope/Nope

I'll watch it for Edgerton. But I will not pay for it

This sounds exactly like Alien Nation, Rush Hour, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Zootopia, Theodore Rex, R.I.P.D., Osmosis Jones, Men in Black and probably several other movies that are about a straight-edge and/or lone wolf cop being forced to partner with somebody who they would never typically get along with.

Literally every other action since 48 Hours was a success.

Literally the same fucking premise as Grimm right now, holy fuck.

Damn, Will took a break from movies to try his hand at rap and comes back and does this shit?

This might be the end of him...

There will be a scene where they bond over being prejudiced against.

"AY HOL UP, HOL UP WE AIN'T SO DIFFERENT, YOU AN' ME!"

Joel is a pretty big guy

Inb4 Will is actually the racist and bigoted cop in this movie and effectively plays a "white guy" in a refreshing new take on racism/bigotry in todays political climate and delivers a powerful performance showing how skin color really has nothing to do with anything

elves and orcs are people too! even though elves live for thousands of years and orcs are unintelligent violent tribal animals....

We're all equal!

nah you can't portray a black person as racist. instant backlash and boycott.

This would be true for literally any actor except Will Smith.

He is universally loved.

Nah, I'd say that it'd be the black cop being initially distrusting of the orc because of race, but never actually doing anything mean to him. Then when black cop sees all the messed up shit white people do to orcs he changes tune and decides to fully trust his new partner.

That way black cop gets to be a little racist to create tension, but that racism is immediately drowned out by having the real villains (whitey) be superracist to make the audience forget they also should have disliked black cop's bigotry.