Itt: your first portable music player

itt: your first portable music player
pic related

All I listened to was Linkin Park and Eminem.

This little fella.

fuck off to G guys and try making a music thread next time

yep

i had a small white creative thing with 256mb memory and horrible earbuds

this?

This or a little portable radio kfc gave away with buckets,

not counting my sony walkman. this was the shit in the limewire days

ha yeah shit, that was exactly it. filled that with indierock i got from dc++. felt like the king of 8th grade

2GB storage seemed endless to me back when I first got this.Got it for Christmas in 2007, my mum had put a couple of "now thats what I call..." albums on there and some NME compilations. Was my first real step in loving music.

was my moms, but I would take it and listen to her music, eventually she just gave it to me

a lot of regina spector

It was my dad's and he preloaded mostly his favorites on it since I didn't have a computer to get my own music. Pretty much set me up for listening to mainly 70's rock and 90's grunge exclusively for awhile.

My first Digital MP was a 128 mb Creative Muvo.

I must have been about 10 when i got it.

Had something simmilar to this when i was maybe 8-9.

Had both of these, the CD walkman lasted me longer. Last used it in 2007

I had that too, died years ago. Pic related, however, is still going strong after 13 years of use and falling to a hard floor from five feet once.

Damn I'm old...
Still got it, still works. Probably in need of a new belt, though. Side B playback works ok, but A side doesn't, it likes to just bunch up the tape inside the cassette instead of getting it on the other side reel.

>512MB
>GARGANTUAN amount of memory for that time
for a few months I was the coolest kid in class

Anyone else?

my absolute nigga

When I transitioned to digital portable players, I went through a few CD players, the names of most I don't remember anymore (at least one was a Sony, that much I can remember), nor do I have them as they went to the trash after breaking.

But the last one (or latest, to be exact) I do still have and it's still working great: iRiver iMP-400.
Hello MP3 support! 700 megs of files per CD was the shit!

And after the iRiver I got this thing. Served me faithfully from 2005 to 2011.
Still got it, but doesn't work anymore. Several buttons have worn down and stopped working, and the hard drive's dead (tries to spin up, but just keeps clicking).

underage faggots

What a horrible design.
Looks like some kind of sex toy.

Wrong.

>I cling desperately to my relative age and use it to define myself because I have absolutely nothing else going on

HELL YEAH BROTHER MINE WAS RED

i got it when i was about 11, the main reason i got it was because it was cheaper than an ipod. I only had a handful of tracks on there, because i didnt know much about stealing music back in the day. so i would rip the cds i had in my house, which included stuff like queens greatest hits, purple rain by prince, and depeche mode violator

after that, i got a first generation zune 30gb when it dropped

The only music I listened to until I was 18 was prayers that were chanted. And there were some movies we watched that had soundtrack music. So I never really had a dedicated mp3 player. First would be the used Note 2 I bought. 16 gb no less

This was my player, until I got a Nokia with a mp3 player in it.

forgot the pic

I still miss this bitch. Thing was built like a brick, very durable.

Listened to NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Pokemon OST, and eventually a bunch of The Beatles on this bad boy.

Crayola wtf? Kinda reminds me of those Hit-Clips.

Still works too, I mainly use it for the gym when i dont wanna drain phone battery

Oi, Gramps, you better get over the fact that the day you decided to tie your life with this shitty site was the same day i was born. Sniff ya later, old fart.

I got this exact player from a giveaway on a box of Tang. Also still have my 120GB ipod classic I bought 11 years ago

Did you grow up in a cult or a commune?

Yup, got some variant of the CD walkman around 2001 or so
Got one of these for my birthday in 2006/07 and it was my first portable mp3 player

Still remember using the line in connector on this thing to record in 128kbps the Sonic Adventure 2 soundtrack off a Dreamcast emulator on my PC

One of those handheld sony radios with a retractable antenna.

Despite
>Apple
>iTunes

I'd still use this damn thing with MusicBee and Soulseek if the battery wasn't fucked.

iPod Classic 160go was the shit,fuck nanos though

For something I had as a kid with no knowledge of music besides what CDs were in the house, it was fine.

I'd love to have a Classic with the SD Card mod right now though. Using a Fiio X1 which works well, but the UI isn't very polished and no Rockbox support.

Why not change the battery?

listened to my ren and stimpy cassettes in this thing back in 95

my first mp3 player as well. that thing was a beast. held 40 gigs, which was a fuck ton in 2004, and took an ass kicking

the little shitter that docks on the top of this stereo set my parents had bought. (you can just barely see it in this pic, best i could find) 128MB baybee

I have that exact stereo sitting two feet to my left.

Unless you count psp as portable music player

if it isnt already, the volume/tracking dial is going to turn into a roll of the dice

Yeah no fucking kidding

It's 2018, just in case ya forgot