Why the fuck have sports become so political?

Why the fuck have sports become so political?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NnrLuAzUPMs
youtube.com/watch?v=xYBu481RBGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NFL let it happen because ratings are tanking and controversy sometimes leads to views.

sports have always been political, up til now they were your politics so you didn't notice
this didn't deserve a new thread by the way

Fuck off, leaf. They’ve only gotten more political.

drumpf is doing fucking saul (((alinsky))) shit

remember when all the white players took a knee to protest bill clintons gun bills? Or when all the players knelt in opposition to NSA spying and secret warrants issued by secret courts?
I sure do remember those days

everything is political, you can't wipe your ass today without identity politics somehow being brought up

*kneels*

it's just an effect of what happens when something gets irrelevant and starts to fall apart so they go on the "bash trump" train to hopefully stay relevant.
If ESPN was still as good as it was 6 years ago they probably wouldn't even give a rat's ass about Trump

Because Drumpf feels the need to interject.

Because fuck trump and fuck white people

(((ESPN is currently owned by Bob Iger, a Jew, and the NFL is primarily owned by Jews)))

division = tension = heightened emotions = impulsive speech and purchase = money making opportunities

This. The military overflights, the support our troops pro-military shilling, and the minutes upon minutes spent waiting for the anthem to finish were always political.

Omg go choke on a dick in front of your wife's son

>have become
>this was founded in 1911
The world has been spinning long before you were born in 2005.

I love that you think that dragging out veterans, flags, and jet fly-bys hasn't always been inherently political.

>why are sports so political
>every international event during the 80's was used as an analogue for the cold war
>Civil rights and integration have to be won through pro sports

For the teams, it's because stadium deals are free money, which caused a large percentage of teams to be purchased by Jews and sociopaths. For ESPN, it's because the network's president is running for the Democratic nomination in 2020. He's using ESPN to curry favor with party donors while also trying to persuade conservative sports fans to vote for leftist policies.
Yes, I'll go back to Sup Forums now but everything I wrote is the truth.

Because you have a loud mouthed moron in the white house stirring up shit every week and taking hard stances on issues he shouldn't? He's literally pandering and people can see it

this

that's just a Clay Travis conspiracy theory since he can't admit the kikes want to destroy every goyim institution

I fucking hate white people and niggers

White people are cucked and hate themselves. Refuse to get married/have kids. Niggers gonna nig. Too Busy killing each other in ghetto than to start family.

t. Person from fastest growing demographic in USA (Asian)

And it fucking sucks.

>when did sports become politcial
1936 Olympics.
>Held in Nazi Germany
>Footage used in the propaganda film "Olympica"
>Jesse Owens
It's always been about politics.

I'm sure Trump making 10 tweets in a row about the NFL has nothing to do with it.

Watch a real sport so you won't have to deal with that bullshit.

they have always been.
1936 Olympics
1968 Olympics
1980 and 1984 Olympics

every other one, for that matter
you name it. it's always been that way

sooo close.

the fact is that advertising rates rose 8% last year and are once again the highest ever,

The media is tired of paying that much and created this shitstorm to get rates down by lowering viewership ... which seems to be working

>always
>four times out of 100 something years

Yep. Trump has made this 2x more political than it was before.

Trump needs to fuck off. He already destroyed on sports league, the USFL.

The 50's are gone, honkey
Get ready for a black and brown America

Who the fuck invented kneeling before national anthem?

I understand wearing appropriate clothes and standing up - but fucking kneeling?

lmaoing at your lives, America

OBAMA

lot of Sup Forumstards on here today

Replace whipipo with liberals and you'd be right zipperhead

>mfw i literally do not know who is protesting, why they're protesting, what kneeling is supposed to imply, and why trump is even involved

i can only hope that if i ignore it, it will eventually go away

>When Trump tweeted about it to distract from the healthcare bill
>9/11 patriotism

Because society has become more political, which is on one hand the result of social media and other result of Trump making people fear for their lives.

ESPN is owned by left-wing ideologues. Trump stands against them, so they respond by making it inescapable.

This is just outright wrong. Typical sub 80 IQ leaf poster.

I know what you mean

And now no one's talking about North Korea. He really does play 4d Chess.

>and other result of Trump making people fear for their lives
Oh what bullshit. Trump is a symptom of rampant politics in every part of your life, not a cause of it. And what people fear for their lives under Trump? He's not going around with death squads. All he wants to do is enforce our immigration laws.

Everything is political

Not wanting to discuss politics should be punished with jail

> what people fear for their lives under Trump?
Whether or not WWIII is suddenly going to be announced over Twitter.

Whether or not they will be able to pay for necessary medical treatment.

Whether or not they'll be ripped from their beds at night because they were brought to this country as children.

Whether or not they will be attacked by Trump-sanctioned White Supremacists.

((()))

>Whether or not WWIII is suddenly going to be announced over Twitter.
I don't necessarily agree with our approach to North Korea, but Trump is hardly unique with his strategy. Most likely would have gotten the same reaction from Hillary. You can't deny that the previous approach did not stop North Korea from gaining nuclear weapons.
>Whether or not they will be able to pay for necessary medical treatment.
A problem caused by all previous presidents. It's not like healthcare became unaffordable when Trump took office. That being said, he should listen to Rand.
>Whether or not they'll be ripped from their beds at night because they were brought to this country as children.
If your parents steal something and give it to you, does that make you the rightful owner since you did not commit the crime?
>Whether or not they will be attacked by Trump-sanctioned White Supremacists.
All I see is innocent whites being attacked by racist communist radicals, except for one incident in Charlottesville that went the other way.

It won’t. Not until he’s no longer president. Liberals will never shut up and it will only get worse.

>become
they were always connected, ever since sports became popular.

Nobody gave a fuck before Trump started bitching about it. Marshawn Lynch mentioned how he has been sitting during the anthem for several years, and it just wasn't reported.

From all I;ve heard and seen USA has a shit quasi-patriotic culture where paying lip service to something is more important than the essence. Blue collar, bigotted white america is literally dragging the country down into the mire

I agree with you said, but the point is that liberals are irrationally afraid of everything Trump does.

Holy shit I haven't seen the full image in like a decade, you always just see the girl with the phone.

it's hilarious how they pretend like all this shit started with trump. he wasn't the one that brought politics into the nfl he was commenting on the presence of politics in the nfl (in this case specifically the flag thing). it's the same shit like when sjws obviously push their agendas through video games and then when someone points that out they go "OMG STOP BRINGING POLITICS INTO THIS OMG OMG SHUT UP YOU BIGOT!!"
you had fucking beyonce and her dancers dressed as black panthers during the half time show raising fists in the air way before trump became president. all of your sports are already heavily infused with political garbage. you have players and clubs participating in "black history month" (what the fuck is that?), you have clubs lecturing people on domestic violence, you have sports pundits lecturing you on all sorts of stuff related to "social justice", you have clubs that participate in the promotion of lgbt degeneracy, etc., etc., etc., i can go on and on. it's fucking insane.
america as a country needs to split and then only those states that have similar political views should reform unions between them.

Reminder that none of this would be happening if drumpf just kept his damn mouth shut. He instigated this shit then gets salty about it

Because there is a low iq monkey in office and even brain dead athletes can see that

It's always been political, but this current climate really started when the Heat decided to wear hoodies in the wake of Trayvon v. Zimmerman.

>you have clubs lecturing people on domestic violence,

kek they break their backs trying to protect the players that beat their wives/gfs

>Who is Jesse Owens
>Who is Muhammad Ali
>Who is Jackie Robinson
>Hell, in a non minority rights issue, what is the US beating the USSR in the Olympics

You are an unironic mongoloid blind to history if you don't think sports and politics have mixed at various points in history

Only in corporate america sports are not politcal.

Politics and sports are the same shit. You pick a side and mindlessly argue that your side is better than anyone else's. You get excited when your side wins, and get anusangry when the other side wins.

ESPN picked up on this shit and realized if you combined the two you can have even more people arguing over which side is better. Now you can hate or love a team not just for the arbitrary geographical area they happen to play in, but also for their political views too!

>WAAAHH A FRACTION OF PEOPLE DISAGREE WITH MY WORLD VIEW AND THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO TO FORCE THEM WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
>QUICK, TRUMP, SAVE ME FROM THESE PEOPLE WHO UTILIZE THEIR RIGHT FOR FREE SPEECH, THEY'RE HURTING NY TENDER FEELINGS, WAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Your cynicism is disgusting

Brown america is culturally different from black america. I assure you none of brown america watches espn, well the english version that is.

Freedom of Speech isn't Freedom from Consequences, or at least that's what liberals who get people fired for twitter posts like to always say ;^)

Because white people are super easily triggered and have no concept of the idea of live and let live.

I didnt watch the NFL for the first time since 2003 today, I recognize players have the right to protest, no matter how retarded they are, but the nFL is supposed to entertain me, not talk down to me and tell me how racist i am for being white, so im just not gonna watch, its like the colbert show, I dont watch it, so it doesnt particularly upset me or anything like that, i am a little bummed that it seems like all 3 major pro leagues are going down this trail, but i still have college sports and the NHL to watch, im also getting into golf and tennis. i also havent watched a non-live sporting event program on espn in 5 years.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences

Precisely. The people protesting in NFL today should bear no consenquences for their actions in any case. Just because you are easily triggered that doesnt mean that the whole world has to stop and adhere to your warped perception of reality.

US vs USSR is different than black vs white.

Neo-Marxism (cultural Marxism) is about subversion.

It's happened with videogames.

It's happened with comic books.

It's happened with cinema.

It is happening with sports.

They've always been

Jesse Owens in the Berlin olympics
World cups in 34, 38, and 78
The 68 olympics black glove podium celebration
The whole Mohamed Ali carreer
The boycotts of 80 and 84 olympics for cold war reasons
The cold war allegories in Olympics through the 50s, 60s, and 70s (b ball controversies, Miracle on ice)
The George W Bush baseball throw after 9/11
The "support our troops" campaign in NFL games in the 2000s
The playing of american anthem before EVERY game

Don't get me started on football (soccer) because almost every team has had a political orientation.

Tell me a time whne sport WASN'T political

Because the president decided to tweet some bullshit about sports

Obama left office in January bro

Because they're fucking trash. Plus, they might also be pushed into doing it as well.

These players have nothing to protest.

Either they really are dumb as rocks due to being concussed, or they are that impressionable that they are manipulated by MSM.

Either way, they should refuse to play if America fucking sucks that badly. Millionaire footballers. GImmie a break.

Do you know what reading comprehension is? Why are you role-playing as an idiot?

>they shouldn't protest because they now have a hold of the power over 20 years ago

i've been on Sup Forums since 2009 and i have never seen the entirety of this imagine until just now

Que

This is an overlooked point going forward.

I understand why the NFL is afraid to stop this particular protest, but int he past they have been pretty firm about not wearing something with a political or social message without authorization, even for non-controversial topics.

Now this.

They've set a precedent with this that they may come to regret.

The teams needed to say "no political protest in the workplace, do what you want on your own time.

But it's too late now.

>Either way, they should refuse to play if America fucking sucks that badly. Millionaire footballers. GImmie a break.

Why? They play for corporations that pay them (well)to do their job?
They could refuse to play for an american national team, but they have no reason to stop playing in the NFL.

Many players in Europe refused to play for a national team for political reasons (Oleguer, Olmetta) or othe reasons (Joachim Noah basically stopped playing with France as he didn't actually feel french being born and raised in New York)

>Not until he's no longer president

You're naive if you think this is only lasting 4 to 8 years. You can't put this genie back in the bottle.

Recall that the NFL wouldn't let his stupid USFL team join the league as the USFL was folding -- he's been butthurt ever since. Nobody nurses a grudge like Donald.

>The teams needed to say "no political protest in the workplace, do what you want on your own time.

I kinda agree, they should probably stop playing the anthem and the story would be over in a week

It was still very much a political moment, which is the point I was arguing. It's completely asinine the say keep politics out of sports when the pro leagues themselves autofellate themselves about muh troops and muh anthem when less then a decade ago they didn't have any of this shit and whipped it out to attract more profit

Hell, the problem nowadays is that politics is devolving to the same level of general debauchery and blind fanboyism of sports when it at least tried to maintain some level of professionalism

NFL = Lawful Neutral, wants this to pass eventhough things are getting out of hand

ESPN = Chaotic Evil, they want more division and controversy, good for their low ratings.

because everything now is TABLOID.

/thread

What's it like being one of the few guys not kneeling on your team?

You're 30 years late youtube.com/watch?v=NnrLuAzUPMs

i believe that you are an idiot in this instance. People who want to boycott NFL because of these protests are all literal wannabe goons for a demagogue that is holding the office at the moment and his henchmen. If true "American values" ever existed, they are embodied in the players who are protesting your bigotry today

Oh yes, please fire all the guys who kneeled today. Wanna know what happens? The grand majority of those guys are on another roster within the month. In the meantime, your on field product suffers. I'm sure the owners and fans who aren't butthurt trogdalytes are gonna enjoy that

Yugo sports are always a politic shitfest comedy gold

youtube.com/watch?v=xYBu481RBGo

>they should probably stop playing the anthem and the story would be over in a week
>flag
Checks out. If the NFL stopped playing the anthem, their ratings would crater.

Come home white man

Forgot pic

Why? People who watch NFL want to watch the game. Not an anthem contest (butchered by a teen singer most of the time)

Nice try, nut that is not what I said at all.

>Checks out. If the NFL stopped playing the anthem, their ratings would crater.
That just shows the level of retardation of American sports public. Why do you need to hear the anthem before every sports event?

Politics and sports have always been intertwined. What are people even bitching about?

Yeah everyone knows the best part of football games is the anthem. That's all we talk about on Monday

People who want to watch the NFL are predominately white, conservative and have friends or family who have served in the military. The only thing not playing the anthem would do is seal the deal with a mass exodus of viewers to college football.

If this tradition had never began, we wouldn't be talking about it obviously. At this point, the protests and anthem mean a lot more than simply a song. It'd demonstrate that the NFL wants to side with BLM. Removing the anthem isn't neutral. How could it be? BLM isn't very popular, despite what the news tries to tell you.