You now realize the third eagle was for Gollum because Gandalf believed he would redeem himself

>You now realize the third eagle was for Gollum because Gandalf believed he would redeem himself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BtEC3pNEMhY
youtube.com/watch?v=9MvcaQg_auk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>You now realize no it wasn't

Why am I so stupid. I never would had figured that.
This is as bad as the time I didn't realize gandalf used a spell on aragon to break Saurons gaze on him.

I never read the books. Is it the same?

Good thing they had the high ground

there are known feels, which are feels we know we feel. there are unknown feels which are feels we don't know we feel, and then there are feel feels, which are feels we feel we feel.

It was probably to protect the other two eagles in case they were attacked by a fell beast

Why didnt Sauron build a giant steel locked doorway inside the mountain leading to the lava pit?

>mfw

The only thing Sauron knew was that the ring was somewhere out there in the relative open, which is why he mobilized all his forces. Never in a million years would he have considered that the plan was to bring the ring to his backyard to destroy it.

3 looks better than 2, idiot

good effort tho
I'm sure you'll get a warm response on reddit

>This is as bad as the time I didn't realize gandalf used a spell on aragon to break Saurons gaze on him.

what?

Watch the extended cut of Return of the king.

When Aragon is at the gate and looks at sauron he gets bewitched. When gandlalf waves his hand and whispers hes using a counter spell.

>implying Sup Forums doesn't have daily LotR feels threads

Go back to the Shadow

I just finished The Two Towers. Why did they completely rewrite Faramir?

What works in books doesn't always work in film

Because he already built one in front of Mordor itself

Hello rebbit

>Gollum was actually Gandalf all along

woah

what's faramir like in the books?

The part where his girlfriend is only 12 would never play for American audiences
>closed minded

Hubris. Classical short coming in mythology.

bigger, blacker, and uncut

the third eagle had gandalf riding. wtf are you talking about

inb4 durrhurr u fell for ebin bait

>using a counter spell
wrong. this would undermine aragorns entire character. He is better than his ancestors who who weak and failed miserably.

Had a chance to claim the Ring for himself and basically said "Lol nahhh I'm good."

youtube.com/watch?v=BtEC3pNEMhY

I agree. After watching this, I could almost see where user got the idea. Gandalf does wave at him, but I think Aragorn's smile shows that he was in control and relieved at being able to face Sauron and stand with and for his friends without wavering.

Somehow I think if it was the case it would have been much more obvious, and the hand wouldn't have been so offscreen. Maybe he just put his staff on his other hand or replace his probably uncomfortable costume.

Also there is no mention of anything like that in the books.

I remember reading that they originally filmed Aragorn fighting Sauron himself in his physical form. That was later replaced with the troll. So it's possible that the original cut of this had Sauron walking out in front of the army, and that's why Aragorn is sort of stepping forward all awestruck.

It's been a while since I've read them but I'm pretty sure he lets Frodo and pals go without ever trying to bring them back to his dad in Gondor.

Correct, he gives them food and sends them on their way.

He's nice and lets them go after they capture Gollum. They never beat up Gollum, never go to any ruins nor encounter a Nazgul up close.

Why didn't the eagles bring the ring to mordor?

He is a smart guy, charismatic leader and does everything to help Frodo and Sam and is not a retard like Boromir and his father

Nah they had the idea to use sauron but scrapped it early for the troll. I doubt they filmed anything with sauron vs aragorn in mind.

reported

It took me until my 10th rewatch to figure out Denethor was actually a woman

>mfw Sauron calls him "Elassar"

How did I never hear that before?

Why didn't Elrond just push Isildur in the lava in the first place?

they filmed it but it looked like shit. literally cgi'd the troll over sauron

youtube.com/watch?v=9MvcaQg_auk

Interesting, which brings me to the question, isn't he tired of being wrong?

Was three eagles mentioned in the book?

Why didn't Magneto just will the ring to mount doom?

Didn't want a massive war between elves and men

>
Side by side they lay; and down swept Gwaihir, and down came Landroval and Meneldor the swift; and in a dream, not knowing what fate had befallen them, the wanderers were lifted up and borne far away out of the darkness and the fire.

o shit

Gandalf didn't know he was there you dumb little faggot.

this

Faramir told him.

Third eagle was air support

They were alone dude.
If his precious land was so important, and he knew he was going to stay alive ehiter way if he died there, he coul have casted himself in the lava with Isildur and nobody would know nor assume anything.

yes they were, Satan

was someone in charge of grinding down the eagle's talons so that the eagles could pick up people without piercing their ribcages? if so, that would interfere with the eagle's hunting abilities. that would mean there would be a blacksmith that specialized in smithing attachable claws that would be fastened to the dull talons of the eagles to allow them to hunt when the time was right.

But what would eagles of that size eat? I don't believe the eagles would tarnish themselves by eating the numerous orcs that roamed the earth. If there were giant sea creatures that the eagles would eat then traveling by boat would be treacherous --- Gandalf and Bilbo wouldn't risk sailing across the sea.

>was someone in charge of grinding down the eagle's talons
no
>what would eagles of that size eat?
cattle you absoulte moron, use your imagination

I think one of the eagles says in The Hobbit (the book) that the men in the valley don't like them because the eagles steal their sheep.

Found it

>The Lord of the Eagles would not take them anywhere near where the men lived. "They would shoot at us with their great bows of yew," he said, "for they would think we were after their sheep. And at other times they would be right. No! we are glad to cheat the goblins of their sport, and glad to repay our thanks to you, but we will not risk ourselves for dwarves in the southward plains."

Didn't happen in the book. In the book, Aragorn wrestled 1-v-1 with Sauron via the Palantir and won. Only afterwards did he tell Gandalf and Gandalf was like 'shit, I wouldn't have done that if I was you son'

That CGI looks like ass

they'd probably also go after deer and goats and the like