ITT: we reminisce about the cringy musical opinions we had in our youth

ITT: we reminisce about the cringy musical opinions we had in our youth.

me? I actually used to listen to metal. I even had long hair like a girl and wore edgy band shirts and thought that I looked cool and appropriate for society. I know I know it's embarrassing. thank god I grew up and got my act together.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y0MPNSnqdkw
youtube.com/watch?v=ev7uyMQCmLs
youtu.be/VU6NbWN87q0
youtu.be/TquwNTcYvKc
youtu.be/voSHK1bAIN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's (some) good metal. If youre into thrash/death/symphonic/power/Goth metal, it gets pretty cringe though. Doom metal, Black Metal, and Post-2000 Grindcore are the only good subgenres of the entire genre t b h.

Last year must have been difficult for you.

I used to like Eminem.
To this day I still feel shame.

i used to talk about liking pet sounds and talk talk. i was such a cringy faggot in high school.

youtube.com/watch?v=y0MPNSnqdkw

I unironically liked PM Dawn and The Proclaimers. Slightly less cringey: Garbage.

>Post-2000 Grindcore
That's not even a thing. It's seriously just fucking Brutal Death Metal/Deathcore or the new shit they call "Crust" with short songs.

I agree w most of what u say but the fact u wrote that entire reply backwards and the fact I put in the time to read it backwards has me questioning alot. U should be as well.

>What is Pig Destroyer, Nasum, Wormrot, etc.

yeah black and doom are the only subgenres i like. everything else seems like an actual joke, just so superficial and unsubtle. even with black/doom it's a minority of artists i like but there are a handful i've found that i love.

oh some sludge is tight as well

Long hair is chad

Serj Tankian is one of the greatest musician of all times.
t. 12 yo me

I've never had a musical opinion I don't stand by to this day, everything I liked as a kid I like to this day because it's good

My opinions on music have gone like this through the years:
>Unironically enjoying cringy music
>Ironically enjoying cringy music
>Unironically enjoying cringy music

How is that backwards?
Read what I said and prove that the last two bands you mentioned don't fit those descriptions. Pig Destroyer is absolutely just Metalcore on meth, so that's the only one that didn't fit in my post and no, that isn't Grindcore. Not to mention that PD's lyrics are even "I write shitty poetry about my ex-girlfriend" Metalcore trash.

hey no offense but if you are on Sup Forums odds are you will regret all of your purile pop music fetishism and look back on this exact period of life with profound shame, unless you never grow out of it and remain a child who obsesses about trendy peer-approved albums forever

How is post-2000 grind better than the 80s shit?

You should be more ashamed of being a lame fucking poser. Dropping genres of music you like is objectively shameful, especially when you try to pretend it's because you're mature.

>profound shame
i don't think it's that big of a deal

Never had one because I didn't though much of music until a little after middle school I found out there was pop and rock music that didn't sounded like overproduced crap with an annoying sound in literally every instrument (including singer) and it wasn't obscure so it was pretty easy to follow through the things I enjoyed.

How late it's too late to start you edgy phase? Always though that looked like fun but it seemed like too much effort to look weird when I'm already a weirdo anyway.

It isn't. The only post-2000 grind that's better than 80s or 90s is stuff that stays true to that sound. Since you like Terrorizer, you should try Nausea (LA) out. Oscar Garcia of Terrorizer is a member and there's even a cover of Corporation Pull-In on this album.

youtube.com/watch?v=ev7uyMQCmLs

I heard this, its bretti gud. Garcia's Terrorizer LA is even pretty kickass live. Those songs are fucking timeless.

I was a new "le real metal fan" who called scene girls posers on facebook in middle school. I thought I was badass but in reality I was a nerd with autism. Moved on to being a folk punk loving soyboy in high school. Didn't realize how big of a faggot I was on both accounts until after I graduated. Now I'm just a loser.

>soyboy
The bean fear is real.

Alright, I was a pussy.

I used to think Tool was good in the early half of High School.

>Facebook
>middle school
Fuck

I've actually started listening to SoaD again after like 10 years just for some nostalgia and it actually holds up pretty OK. Definitely better than their contemporaries

SoaD while not great is better than some people think.

i'm 21 and i can remember people getting into facebook in 7th grade.
maybe this was a "time flies" post.

>If youre into thrash/death/symphonic/power/Goth metal, it gets pretty cringe though.

>thrash
soy
>death
very soy
>symphonic
hahahahaha soy
>power
you know the answer to this
>goth
does it really get any more soy

If you don't listen to trve kvlt black metal then you're a faggot

But what if I like death and thrash too?

It must suck to fear a bean.

You're okay then, try to replace your thrash tastes with powerviolence though

I used to think liking acclaimed and/or niche music was an accomplishment and would post my album collages on Facebook

I actually used to like Radiohead

I used to think liking obscure music was an accomplishment and would post my album collages on Sup Forums

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH

WE'RE COMING TO TAKE YOUR PENIS AWAY

wake up aniki :'(

>Thrash metal is cringe
>Black metal is good though

back in the mid 2000s I used to not listen to metal bands because they all had "satanic imagery and lyrics"

Then I heard Enslaved's Below the Lights. Never stopped exploring since.

I used to think being skinny and having long hair was for girls. Now I'm skinny and have long hair. Guess I was just projecting

Subtle, OP.

I don't think I had many real opinions about music, nor do I now. Maybe I used to generalize a bit much, like "pop is shit." I wouldn't put on most of the shit I listened to when I was like 12 or whatever, but so what? I was a child, why would I have had adult taste?

cringy teenager detected

Tool is good

SOAD is pretty good.

you are retarded.

youtu.be/VU6NbWN87q0
youtu.be/TquwNTcYvKc
youtu.be/voSHK1bAIN4

>clichee statement n° 8734673

hehe....

i listened to mika...

yea im just gonna leave it at that

Cringe

poser faggot, nausea sucks cock
(You)
crust has been around for longer than grind and is nowhere near as fast as grind fucko

Up until an embarrassingly late age (like 14 or maybe even 15) I used to listen almost exclusively to video game soundtracks and thought it was superior to whatever I had dubbed in my mind "modern music".

you sound like a fucking fag. you were a poser. theres nothing wrong with that music, and nothing wrong with that style. the problem is that you were insecure, and couldnt commit, just like everything else in your life

poor, poor souls

these are good! >:(

I know you're trying to b8 but I knew plenty of
normal people in high school who were quite into pet sounds

I used to like this stupid hipsterband called "Neutral Milk Hotel" or something, but now me and my friend just call it neutral dick hotel haha get it because its music for dicks neutral dick hotel

I was an enormous EDM-fag and listened exclusively to that and brostep. I was also a brony and I wore Minecraft shirts to high school, please end my life right now.

>metal is the only genre worth listening to (it's still good though I don't start hating it)
>albums are the only legitimate format of music
>only what the peers circlejerked is what's worth listening to (mucore, RYM top 100, along with lesser known albums circlejerked here and there)
We put too many constraints on what can be good music and how we should listen to and judge it. Listening to music becomes a lot more enjoyable once you escape that.

this.
after liking an album (or certain songs from it), i just add it to my playlist and listen to it that way. fuck y'all i do what i wanna do

this is only acceptable if you just do it while driving.

no its not. its always acceptable, on one condition: you gotta listen to the entire thing in one sitting before adding it to your shufflelist

pic is you currently. you've graduated to listening to the worst cure album and the new mgmt congratulations you're a retard

I unironically liked St. Anger when i was 13

Patrician opinion

h-hey dont forget about mathcore!

you couldn't have more of a generic hipster opinion

Was a dumb metalhead as well
>can't listen to anything other than metal, what are you, a faggot?
But I was ""normal"" in that I shaved and had short hair. Ironically, after I pretty much stopped listening to metal I grew both my hair and beard and look much better now. I understand that some people look like shit with long hair though

I used to listen to Hopsin years before he ever became a meme here

>my face when into goth and symphonic
Well, at least I don't like power

I was heavily into Call of Duty and listened to all the brostep songs used in montages. All I used to listen to 6-7 years ago was brostep

Agreed. Otherwise you're overlooking good material for playlists, whatever you may use them for.

In addition, shuffling a playlist adds surprise to the mix and it feels really good to suddenly hear the one song you didn't realize you wanted to hear

I remember the beginning of the decade when Brostep and gaming videos became really popular. Enter 13 year old me wearing a Minecraft shirt, listening to Skrillex, Deadmau5, and making epic troll face memes. It was a dark time.

I used to listen to metal but now I only listen to what I consider to be "pretty music" which is stuff like Grimes and Purity Ring and lots of piano and womyn who sing gud.

I thought I was cool for listening to Queen and Led Zeppelin.

But this is cool

Now you're worse

Dubstep was the biggest regret in hindsight since I unabashedly worshipped Skrillex and had the entirety of Pendulum's discography on my phone, but I still listen to a song now and then just for the nostalgia.

I'm probably worse now though, since I listen mostly to Death Grips and J-pop.

dont worry user, Im pretty sure everyone here liked dubstep when they were young. Tbh I still think scary monsters and nice sprites is a great track. And there is nothing wrong with pendulum's early work.
Death grips is amazing, but stay away from jpop mydude

user I was you. Great music is coming for you after your synth pop phase. You will eventually be drawn to the music grimes and purity ring listened to before making music and you will into technically impressive music.

he's better than most of the stuff currently posted here

I used to wear headphones and listen to music pretty much every time I walked around campus

Good post OP, there are retards who can't detect the irony even with the attached picture.
Personally I can't listen to metal and enjoy it these days even though I used to listen to a lot of it, but it's a fun genre with a lot of diversity, and I met a lot of cool people while I was into it, so I don't regret it at all.

whats wrong with this?

This, but up until I was in the middle of eighth grade.

i am 29 years of age, when i was 15, i loved red hot chili peppers, incubus, and system of a down. i played guitar horribly, but was still able to play rhcp and soad staples, no incubus songs tho. i dont know what it means