Started watching Sparactus on Netflix after finishing up with Rome, figuring this would be a good series to pick-up...

Started watching Sparactus on Netflix after finishing up with Rome, figuring this would be a good series to pick-up. The ratings for the show on the site and offline are pretty high, but the first two episodes can only be described as pure, unadulterated shit.

Does it get better?

Other urls found in this thread:

is2.Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=_VCTg1URxko
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

YES. The consensus on Sup Forums since this show first aired is that it doesn't get good until episode 4 "The thing in the pit"

Hang in their, it does get much much better.

op sucks roman cock

yes. The first episodes are shit. The director knew this because he treatened the studio he'd quit if he didn't get his way. So they accepted. Quality will get better. And you're in for the greatest show of all time OP! Sit back and enjoy and set sword upon fucking roman scum!

Spartacus is a plebfilter. Anyone that goes "It's just blood and tits" is incapable of recognizing quality writing, characterization, and acting. Ignore these people, and let them go back to jerking off over how good Game of Thrones is.

>Hang in their, it does get much much better.
Can confirm.

I've come to appreciate the early episodes a lot more over the years. There's some stuff in the early episodes that sets up alot.

The first two episodes are some of the worst TV I've ever seen

Literally every episode in the first season is better than the last.

you must be uncomfortable with HARD COCKS AND TIGHT MAN ASS on screen

I judge the season as a whole and Season 1 is GOAT. But yes the episodes do get better as the season goes along.

OP, the first episode sets the template of perfection which makes this show GOAT. There is an equal balance of 1/3 violence and gore, 1/3 gratuitous nudity and varying levels of sexual depravity, and 1/3 plotline and character development of embellished history.

If you don't like the first episode you simply don't have taste, and do not deserve to see the rest of this incredible production.

But don't the next two seasons suck?

Gods of the Arena is top tier.

nope. gods is as good as S1,

The one after the prequel and before the final season is the weakest. Prequel is geat and final season is great by the end.

Post yfw it's a Good Cossutius episode

this guy should have been one of the main villains

NO its shit OP drop it compare to ROME is low tier garbage dont listen to plebs spartacus is shit and gay cgi are bad as fuck cast is bad show is low tier pleb television

>alas, poor cossutius experienced an unpleasant penetration of his own

>jupiter's cock
>dropping definite articles
>we desire for pseudo amateur historian intellectual audience

HAVE YOU LOST MIND???!??!?

>It's a Good Solonius episode

Solonius was a good man. He offered fair coin to keep Batiatus afloat.

>you will never be this lucky

is2.Sup Forums.org/gif/1484621593899.webm

>Blood & Sand: Solonius is a complete prick to Batiatus
>Gods of the Arena: Solonius is the voice of reason to Batiatus

It gets good when polical intrigue with Batiatus and shit starts rolling. So, around episodes 3-4

The first half of eps are alright. But once Spartacus develops as a fighter, the show becomes GOAT.
Prequel mini series is great. But the last two seasons are boss.

Gods of the Arena and War of the Damned are good. Vengeance is the worst one

Why live?

My favorite episode throughout the whole series.

First two episodes are slow but for me by episode three "Brotherhood" it starts to really hit its stride.

HE WAS MY VARRO

That's part of what made it so great

In fact, Gods of the Arena might be the best piece of prequel fiction I've ever seen

naevia becomes a total bitch, just giving you a warning, she smiles at the deaths of innocents and has less honor than Ashur

We don't talk about her after Blood and Sand.

Ashur deserved death from a brother not some cumdump.

Ashur was based and it wasn't really his fault the way he got the mark, I felt like everyone gave him more shit than he deserved.

I still fucking love that Ashur never got caught out. Lawless just fabricated a story over that wristband and Glabber was to far gone to realize the obvious lie.

10/10 Villain triangle

It's shit.

Yes, the first episode are utter garbage and i stopped watching after episode 2 because it was so terrible. I later picked it up again and it ended up being one of my favorite shows of all time.

Ashur was a victim of circumstance and he actually could whoop some ass when he needed to.

They were the only reason I watched Vengeance and I've still yet to watch War of The Damned.

i kinda liked the first ep i mean it was the worst of them but the way it set up saprty to be forced into the arena u think hes gonna get his ass kicked then BOOM he fucking slaughters like 4 dudes in the arena.

the episode is supposed to be shit so it can blast off from there

words fall from your mouth as shit from ass

JUPITORS COCK! A SPARTACUS THREAD!

Was this filmed live? How old was the kid (the actor)?

Obligatory.

Blood rains down from an angry sky, my cock rages on!

Probably not considering she isn't in any shot with the kid other than being clothed.

MY COCK RAGES ON!

youtube.com/watch?v=_VCTg1URxko

I love the faux-Shakespearean thing they have going on for dialogue.

>Once again the gods spread the cheeks and ram cock in fucking ass!

JUPITER'S COCK!

So is the show worth watching after Andy Whitfield's death?

yes. liam takes a while to hit his stride but gannicus, crixus, aeonemaus, fagron and the other main characters take the pressure off him a lot of the time

Damn, now I wanna watch this show again.

I think I'll start with Gods of the Arena to watch it all again in timeline order.

JUNO'S CUNT!

For me the Romans were the reason to watch Vengeance and I should watch War of The Damned at some point.

Those stupid fucking Romans carried the whole damn show. I loved all of them.

The season directly after (Vengence) is probably the weakest of the series, not helped by the fact that it takes a while to get used to Liam and for him to settle into the role and bring the same intensity as Andy. However the last season is 10/10 god tier and by the final episodes Liam is off the charts. The prequel is 10/10 as well. We'll worth watching imo