ITT: Criminally underrated guitarists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nk9-9qJFZTM
youtube.com/watch?v=CiGQuukMSoE
youtube.com/watch?v=LeVHC5Lv3qk
youtu.be/1rhotCKLwcQ?t=2m8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bro how the fuck is he underrated

Nobody ever talks about Allen Collins when it comes to Lynyrd Skynyrd. He was by far their most talented guitarist, but Rossington and Gaines get all the spotlight for some reason

Hendrix's favorite guitar player

Yes. And underrated drummer

Carson McWhirter

Justin Broadrick. Actually, he's just underrated in general.

I agree w most of what u say but the fact u wrote that entire reply backwards and the fact I put in the time to read it backwards has me questioning alot. U should be as well.

Wat?

Thad Tharklington of Modest Mouse.

Will Sergeant of Echo and the Bunnymen

he's excellent at creating super sludgy atmospheres. he's not a flashy player but jesu is one of a kind. sometimes he's just overdone it with happy synth melodies and tracks have lost their desirable gloominess. plus his live performances have been less than great.

scott conner. he's kind of an edgelord but an amazing guitarist and songwriter with a really unique sound. his more recent acoustic stuff has been amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nk9-9qJFZTM
youtube.com/watch?v=CiGQuukMSoE
youtube.com/watch?v=LeVHC5Lv3qk

>"amazing" twice
it's seeming lately like i can't make a post without absent mindedly writing something like this and sounding like a fucking idiot. or am i just insecure

That's Phil Collins with a beard

kk downing.

this guy is legitimately an amazing guitarist. he's like a second bucket head
i really don't know why he played with limp bizkit

He reinvented the acoustic guitar. His best album was his last, "Oracle"

It's goddamn amazing.

I follow him closely. He has a lot melodic habits that I can't stand though. A lot of his writing is too unpredictable and disharmonic to even be considered musical. It's a very oblique style that began and will have ended with Xasthur.

It won't take off.

>i really don't know why he played with limp bizkit
You really don't?

Really?
youtu.be/1rhotCKLwcQ?t=2m8s
With this attitude, he shouldn't have been as famous as he was, forget respected or taken seriously.