Cooking thread

Cooking thread

Have you cooked anything nice recently?

What sort of stew should I make next weekend?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/Spanish-Smoked-HOT-SWEET-or-SEMISWEET-Smoked-Paprika-Pimenton-de-la-Vera-/332314688765?var=&hash=item4d5f7fbcfd:m:mnuTEYOxk2dAomjcG4n98rQ
ebay.com.au/itm/HUNGARIAN-GRINDED-SWEET-PAPRIKA-POWDER-CERTIFIED-ORGANIC-250g-8-81-Oz-SZEGEDI-/182342514406?hash=item2a7475f6e6:g:rV0AAOSwB09YHEG4
webshop.szegedipaprika.hu/eredetvedett_molinos_szegedi_paprika_250g_295
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Australians cooking.
It sends shivers to my spine, only Fins and Americans do worse things to food. What hellish concotion is that user.
Also I'm thinking to make a stock for the week, to add to different concotion and stuff, last night I did a sort of Ragu with coconut milk instead of milk, it was sub par as fuck, would not recomend.

It looks like chorizo stew
>Coconut milk
Disgusting. I do not know why it's so hyped up. It tastes like ass and has barely any fat

Its a goulash I think actually

I'm an alright cook I think man, made a guinness and prune stew on the weekend, which sounds dodgy as hell but was actually really tasty. Made a duck stir fry last night too. Was alright but I used too much 5 spice I think. Wouldn't use the recipe again.

What sort of stock are you going to make? Its a wholesome thing to do but I find that its easier to buy the store one for $2 a litre or whatever. Keeps longer

Where have you seen aussies doing weird things to food?

Coconut milk is amazing in currys man. there's this packet goan curry that uses coconut and its amazing.

Just can be a little rich I guess. Not something I particularly like eating 2 days in a row

Make a hungarian beef gulash but add half a small bottle of smoked tabasco at the very end. Tank me later.

Mmm I actually wanted to ask something about that. What's the texture of the broth I'm looking for? Its sort of not quite the thickness of a stew but not watery

Starting to get over the paprika meme actually. Seems to not taste of anything really

When i make it in a pot outside i prepare a base with blended onions, garlic, celery, carrots, parsley, tomato, pepper. So mine is very stew like.
For paprika you try to find good quality.

Goulash with fish? Interesting, I tend to see it with meat.
Every food thread you have Aussies shitting it up with joke posts etc (and even then some "traditional Aussie" like bread sprinkled with the little sugar balls seems to be posted too much and I'm begining to think you guys do that), it was a half bants to that, I tought you were shitposting.
Dude, mixing alchol and dried fruit is a very ancient and celebrated way to cook from where I'm, it tend to end very well and the prunes give a sweet touch than goes well with lots of rich meats (specially pork).
Depens if my father comes or not to home, I was planing to do a full house with "agried" salted bones, CUred ham bone, poultry bones, discarded mixed parts than freeze for that and then add (after a few hours of cooking of course) cabbage, onion, carrots, celery and a bouquet with some herbs like bay leaf and a little rosmery and thyme to round it up so I have good stock all week. If I get short I simply butcher a chicken and reserve the bones too cook them in a hour or two and add some veggies, chicken wings make a very good stock too.
One of my sister has an allergy to milk and I'm searching ways to add richness without using lactics, it tended to go well with the curries I do at home, but didn't go well at all.

What the hungarian said, you are using meme paprika instead of the good stuff, it add lots of flavour if it's good, I tend to add La Vera stuff for a smoky taste with a little hint of hotness so everyone can eat it.

Just using hoyts smoked from the supermarket mate. Only tried one goulash and it involved seasoning the meat with paprika and salt and pepper. Learned since that I would have burned the shit out of it. Still turned out well though desu

There's some Hungarian word for the way the broth is though. Shattered I forgot it

I thought it was just chunks of meat man. Which is strange on its own.

Sounds good though. Can be a little project for the night. Turns out its probably just that I am too lazy for it

Turned out really nice actually. Made some Pisto the other week though on some Spaniard's recommendation and it was pretty terrible actually. Made too big a batch and it wasn't fried as much as lightly boiled I guess

Hmm I'll have a look man

Got a suggestion on ebay for the paprika?

Search for Pimenton de La Vera, it's what I use, dunno what a good Hungarian paprika would be tough.
In general in Spain even the unmarked stuff is edible to pretty good, but dunno what shit it's exported.

ebay.com.au/itm/Spanish-Smoked-HOT-SWEET-or-SEMISWEET-Smoked-Paprika-Pimenton-de-la-Vera-/332314688765?var=&hash=item4d5f7fbcfd:m:mnuTEYOxk2dAomjcG4n98rQ

This? What type is nice?

I would go for the hot, it isn't very powerful and gives a nice hint, if you eat plenty of hot stuff (Hindu/thai stuff) it will be incredible mild anyway, remeber this it's the smokey kind tough, it goes very well with some stuff and not so in others, but in general anything meat and vegetables it's okay.

Eh its like 9.50 for 40g man. Probably find a better deal somewhere.

Wish that Hungarian had linked me some proper hungarian gear desu

Szeged city area has the largest paprika fields. I only buy szegedi.
Ive seen it in London, you might find it in eastern-euro or balkan food shops
Its sweet paprika btw.

ebay.com.au/itm/HUNGARIAN-GRINDED-SWEET-PAPRIKA-POWDER-CERTIFIED-ORGANIC-250g-8-81-Oz-SZEGEDI-/182342514406?hash=item2a7475f6e6:g:rV0AAOSwB09YHEG4

Looks pretty cute man. Might give it a go even though its expensive

magyar knows his stuff

bump because this thread's thumbnail is next to the toilet thread one now.

i tried cooking borsch

How'd it go?

I made a kangaroo and VB pie once
would recommend

Victoria Bitter pie? Sick cunt, my8

Big fan of borscht recently. Followed an internet recipe for Ukrainian version and made sure not to skimp on the dill. Get those veggies inya carnt.

Had to google it actually. Sounds liek a summer thing actually.

Stroganoff is pretty good but takes effort and not super keen on cooking with milk these days because if you burn it its all over

I'm starting to dig slavic cuisine, there are some interesting stuff than I can perverse med style.

Perverse comes from pervert man. Not ideal, what were you trying to say?

And yeah there's a lot of goodness from the Mediterranean. Bit hard to form a proper diet from though.

Killed a rabbit last night and I have some rabbit stew cooking in the oven right now. Made some soda bread this morning as well so I'm going to have a nice comfort food dinner.

>straya user actually doing it

absolute madman

Rabbits round here have mixy mate so we can't do that.

What's soda bread?

Not my pic man. One day I might try to organise an outdoor pot, closest thing I've found was a electric cauldron thing but its not really the same I guess

Do you know the word for the way you want to get the broth in a soup goulash?

Just stick some onion, celery, carrot, garlic, diced beef and taters in a slow cooker.
Chuck in some salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce and you can't go wrong.

>He doesn't know what soda bread is

>only Fins and Americans do worse things to food.
>Fins

Please explain

Your sister dont seem to be alergic to my milk ;)

no my man, youll need to experiment, my granny said she just knows when to do it

and yea get szegedi or kalocsai for it

your mother is allergic to my milk

>szegedi
put some on watch. Expensive but hey

The reality of it is that I need a job mate. One stew every 2 weeks is bullshit for getting it right really.

Thinking to grab some of the wagyu fat to make the base of the next goulash or stew I make though

Know a good english recipe for proper kebab? Not souvalaki but the actual gear? Had some at a restaurant and it was amazing. Stuffed capsicum is amazing desu

don't copy my jokes i'll break your shit

That's cute coming from discount Peru.

made a spicy tomato stew-type thing with chopped tomatoes, spinach and green onion with some chili seasoning and hot sauce all poured into a plastic container and nuked for ~5 mins
>yes, NUKED! my oven is out of action atm fuck off
made it yday actually, but like to leave it cool and sit overnight to let the flavours congeal a bit. will have with chicken or meatballs and a slice of bread and cheddar

shut up bigger pile of shit Portugal

is it? how much does it cost there?:s
its something even the poorest cunt can afford here

i cooked a cows head not 3 days ago

Well I mean I can only grab it on ebay mate

Looking at $20 for 250 grams which is actually quite a lot for spice

webshop.szegedipaprika.hu/eredetvedett_molinos_szegedi_paprika_250g_295

lad, 250g is like 5 dollar

>stew
>nuked

Only delivers to Hungary :/

I said 'stew-type thing', implying it obviously wasn't an actual stew, but thats the closest thing I can compare it to

Eh that's prey based to be fair. Meat comes from the butcher and streaks from the supermarket. Literally an Eden

It will be nice hopefully.

>Killed a rabbit last night
Why are the Irish such savages?

Rabbits are delicious and a plague.

Rabbits are a pest over there
I hate the fuckers too, they damage my hazelnut trees and multiply like muslims in Germany.
When the war killed off most of the wildlife, dads hunting crew thought it would be an excellent idea to breed rabbits and release them to become pray for the predators, they wanted fox pelts.
It worked, they got their fucking pelts and drank all the money they earned from them but the rabbits keep on coming biting the bark on my goddamn trees, and i live off of those fucking trees, i was 4 when i planted the first one, granddad did the rest, its good money nowdays and i never had a steady job, ever.
But then a fucking rabbit comes along and im supposed to tolerate the fucker because its cute. Fuck no.
Crossbow bolt to the fucking spine nigger, hop now, whats up doc?
My sister screeches in agony and despair when i strangle them and wont eat the stew (even i got tired of it) because its a cute wabbit, boo hoo. Kids as well, they want to pet it.
Ill give you a rabbit to pet. Have a dead one, he wont run away.

>got tired (of Rabbit).
That's like getting tired of chicken or something, there are hundreds of ways to cook a rabbit.

>rabbit genocide, best day of my life.

It's very lean though. Not many nutrients either. You die if you east just rabbit

>Only 4mb to show the glory of rabbit genocide.
Well, it has high quality proteins, but it's lean as fuck, that's why in Spain the most popular way to eat it it's drowning it in garlic and olive oil (medium quality), all of it incluiding some visceras and the head, and coock it up. But adding some mushrooms, veggies and making a thicc sauce it's elevated to high heavens.

Yeah it can be really nice. Did you not release miximatosis in Europe? I guess rabbit was never really a thing when I was growing up about it but mum used to bang on about it now and then

Yeah, it was pretty bad but it has died off, now we have the Enfermedad HemorrĂ¡gica VĂ­rica de los conejos than it's even more hardcore, in theory they lose 90% or so of they pop every know and then.
Fuckers tough style assault my garden, they refuse to die off. Spain was called land of the rabbits for a reason, not even the deadliest plague can exterminate them.

Big supermarket conspiracy like as not, why by a streak when you can set traps and have rabbit?

>Sounds liek a summer thing actually.
Not really
>cooking with milk
You're supposed to use sour cream and it isnt really that hard.
>there are some interesting stuff than I can perverse med style.
You can probably make a nice ukha with some Med fish.

There such a thing as a Swiss dish?

>There such a thing as a Swiss dish?
Of course. There are many

Any that would be worth trying out? Keen on giving new recipes a shot here and there

Haha
A good post came from my shitpost

You know guys I was just thinking
I've never seen a Russian restaurant or heard of any russian dishes
What do they eat, apart from babies?

Well Stroganoff for one.

And for another look for a Russian or Polish club and you'll find russian dishes on the menu

This is a very pretty borsht