The more I think about it the more I prefer it to le t-shirt meme

The more I think about it the more I prefer it to le t-shirt meme.
I'm not saying UP isn't still great, but this shit is on another level my guys.

I've always wondered though, is it pronounced Closer or Closer? Like open/ close or come closer?

It's pronounced "closer"

both works pretty well thematically

Pronounced "come closer", but "open/close closer" works too in a spoopy way.

It's objectively better than UP.

closer to death.
Their both very even imo, but closer got isolation on its so yeah

It's really fucking great, don't come back to UP a lot but I live this everytime I play it.

>*deletes Interzone*
ok now its perfect

You mean Insight

>worse vocals
>worse instrumental work
>objectively better
Pick one and only one. The epitome of primitivity that is Closer makes UP sound like fucking math-rock.

It has "Twenty four hours" which is the best JD track, the rest of the album just isn't as memorable as their singles or UP, they went full on 2deep4u but it even isn't that deep.
I'd pick "Substance" over "Closer" any day

Seek help, chump.

It's not about being deep.
Nothing about it gives that impression.
The lyrics are relative to Curtis, which is what I assume you'd consider the silly "2deep4u" claim which is just stupid.

nigger that track is beautiful

its slightly more minimalist, but the drums are still absolute top

Doesn't matter, both LPs are peak examples of why the LP format shouldn't be how we judge artists or their work. Nowhere have I seen the weaker tracks on either album justified as actually being good, and there's a lot of weaker tracks on both albums. Rather, everybody talks about the same tracks (which make up about half of each album) that are good. Yet these albums as a whole are rated 5/5 everywhere. Joy Division isn't the only band with this problem (Exile On Main Street is another great example of top tier stuff in between mediocre crap) but it's still a good example of it considering this band's discussed like itt based on which album is better rather than the individual compositions themselves.

>Nothing about it gives that impression.
How about those cheesy synths/mellotron that sound completely out of place but where there just to make it sound "darker" and pompous.
They made better use of synths before that album was made, I don't even need to mention where.
U.P. could be released today and sound fresh, but Closer aged like milk, N.O. debut is better

>worse vocals
ian is actually on key for most of the album, which is a lot more than can be said for his performance on unknown pleasures

This is the true next level

disagreed. UP is consistently better
Closer has some better songs. but overall its weaker
production wise UP is way better.

THIS IS THE WAY
STEP INSIDE