ITT: post artists with the best influences

ITT: post artists with the best influences

>Ladytron
>Influenced by Kraftwerk, My Bloody Valentine, Wire, The Human League, Stereolab, Throbbing Gristle, Serge Gainsbourg, Mantronix, ABBA, Leonard Cohen, Broadcast, Curve, Nine Inch Nails, Aphex Twin, Carpenters, Pulp, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Brian Eno, Lush, 1960s pop, Roxy Music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_WXoeRXJg
youtube.com/watch?v=sBmpgu-cb4I
youtube.com/watch?v=VvK_AY5gfeY
last.fm/music/Stereolab
youtube.com/watch?v=8eH-PKqDAXk
youtube.com/watch?v=HllqYsggN_A
youtube.com/watch?v=AMiBY64xZMo
youtube.com/watch?v=gWKSSl_Xm-U
youtube.com/watch?v=1Lwh5gu58oc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What a stupid thread

>Hum
>Influenced by The Smashing Pumpkins

Not an argument. Try harder, troll.

>Me
>you wouldn't know them

bump

Daily reminder:

Stereolab > Broadcast > Ladytron

Stereolab < Broadcast < Ladytron

FIFY. Ladytron have better vocals, better songwriting, better production, better lyrics, better image.

youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_WXoeRXJg

All those points are debatable. No Ladytron track could touch Cybele's Reverie or Pack Yr. Romantic Mind.

wow user! you have helped convince me! i have seen the light! ladytron is the greatest band of all time!

You're welcome, friendo.
Of course they're debatable because taste is subjective.
>No Ladytron track could touch Cybele's Reverie or Pack Yr. Romantic Mind.
Beauty*2 and High Rise, to name just 2, are far superior to those Stereolab tracks. They mop the floor with them, they're that badass.
youtube.com/watch?v=sBmpgu-cb4I
youtube.com/watch?v=VvK_AY5gfeY

As a matter of fact, listen to those Ladytron songs I posted and then to those Stereolab songs you posted. See how underwhelming those sleepy Stereolab songs really are? They're too monotone and unidimensional.

I named two top tier tracks, and you respond with two tracks that would be considered below average by Stereolab standards. Come on, son.

>you respond with two tracks that would be considered below average by Stereolab standards.
Stereolab standards are lower than Ladytron if they think it's OK to sing with that really monotone and bored voice and to repeat the parts so many times with little variation. They suck at arrangements and choruses.
Ladytron could be repetitive too, but they know how to keep the interest high. Ladytron would reject Cybele's Reverie or Pack Yr. Romantic Mind for being too bland and uneventful.

I don't enjoy shitting on your favourite band (as I do like Tomorrow & Sugar), but at some point you're going to realize they're more M83 tier, whereas Stereolab are closer to the same level as My Bloody Valentine in terms of quality.

Lol! MBV wished they made a song as good as High Rise. Let's face it, their last album was so underwhelming compared to Loveless. Stereolab have a cool sound but they're underwhelming songwriters. They write good songs once in a while (e.g. French Disko) and most of their music is unexciting.
The point is that Stereolab aren't better than Ladytron. Not a fucking chance. The sooner you will realize that, the better. And btw, next time create your own Stereolab threads and stop parasiting these threads.

this is some of the worst garbage I've heard in a while thanks

Don't thank me for your shitty taste, mate. It's not my fault that you're a pleb.

French Disko's such a weak track by Stereolab standards. Maybe your hearing's just poor.

Is this bait? FD is a really good track and one of their most beloved tracks: last.fm/music/Stereolab
You're playing in the superior leagues of hipsterism.
>Maybe your hearing's just poor.
I could hear all the range between 20Hz to 20kHz. My hearing is fine.

It's clear that Ladytron have much better songs than Stereolab. Their vocals are also far more diverse and exciting. Could Laetitia Sadier even hit those high notes youtube.com/watch?v=8eH-PKqDAXk ?

It may be popular, but it's a weak track with poor mixing. Come And Play In The Milky Night and The Incredible He-Woman are much better examples.

the first time i listened to hum i swore they sounded like the smashing pumpkins with a little more shoegazing sound. based hum poster

>Ladytron
>Shit early noughties female Kratfwerk wannabes

I don't care about mixing (too much) if the song is really good. And French Disko is really good. It seems that you prefer the snoozefest/chorus-less/pretentious side of their music. Not my cup of tea.
I watched this video and I swear I almost fell asleep - it's that boring: youtube.com/watch?v=HllqYsggN_A
Stereolab is for hipsters who are afraid to listen to the real deal - proper krautrock and '60s french pop. Try some Neu! and Francoise Hardy and then we're talking.

>shitposter talking shit about things he doesn't know
Color me surprised.

>U2
>Siouxshie and the Banshees, The Clash, Joy Division, Television, Patti Smith, Kraftwerk, Gang of Four, Patti Smith, Talking Heads, The Velvet Underground, Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Tangerine Dream, Sonic Youth, Neu, Nine Inch Nails, KMFDM, Einsturzende Neubauten, Happy Mondays, My Bloody Valentine, David Bowie

Good stuff. Even if it's a popular sport to hate U2, they actually have some solid albums in their discography.

>Korn and Limp Bizkit unironically
>Influenced by Mr. Bungle, Faith No More, Tool, Primus, Helmet and basically every other pleb filter from the early 90s when crap like Nirvana was popular

There's nothing the least bit pretentious about the tracks I mentioned. Listen to the studio version of Come And Play In The Milky Night on Spotify and tell me it isn't one of the most gorgeous sounding tracks you've ever heard.

OK, I'll listen to it.

Show me a ladytron song with Leonard Cohen influence

Last One Standing, perhaps? youtube.com/watch?v=AMiBY64xZMo
Or maybe All the Way? youtube.com/watch?v=gWKSSl_Xm-U
I'm not that familiar with Cohen's music.

>deftones
>Influenced by hum

Holy fuck, this guy is still posting about ladytron

Hard to argue facts.

I know. Mediocre B tier synthpop seems to be the thing around here now what with Grimes, Chvrches etc:

>the current state of Sup Forums

>Mediocre B tier synthpop
>According to Brian Eno, once a member of Roxy Music: "Ladytron are, for me, the best of English pop music. They're the kind of band that really only appears in England, with this funny mixture of eccentric art-school dicking around and dressing up, with a full awareness of what's happening everywhere musically, which is kind of knitted together and woven into something quite new."
You know shit.

WTF is your problem, sweetie?

OP is actually a child and just saw the episode of Yo Gabba Gabba with Ladytron.

>Popular artists who have appeared on the show include Mos Def, Bootsy Collins, Ladytron, The Killers, Enon, The Clientele, Jimmy Eat World, Solange Knowles, Taking Back Sunday, Datarock, The Aquabats, Devo, Anne Heche, Joy Zipper, Of Montreal, Chromeo, My Chemical Romance, Weezer, Hot Hot Heat, The Faint, The Roots, Paul Williams, Mates of State, MGMT, Jack Black, Tony Hawk, Elijah Wood, Peter Bjorn and John, Trunk Boiz, The Shins, The Aggrolites, The Flaming Lips, Mýa, Biz Markie, Blitzen Trapper, The Ting Tings, Money Mark, Mariachi El Bronx, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Erykah Badu, and Lil Wayne. Other non-musical celebrity guests to have appeared include Jason Bateman, Andy Samberg, Sarah Silverman, Laila Ali, Bill Hader, and Anthony Bourdain.
>implying the fans of these artists are children

Stereolab user here. People are just tryna provoke you now. Take a break for a bit.

"a celebrity likes what i like, so that makes it ok!"

ladytron sucks

i'd definitely say that people who likes the ting tings are babies

I can handle those provocations. I like to argue. BTW why don't you make a Stereolab thread if you're such a fan?

He he he. It's not just a celebrity, it's Brian motherfuckin' Eno. Now, use your brain - which opinion is more relevant and important: yours or Eno's?

Speaking from experience?

Ladytron rules - youtube.com/watch?v=1Lwh5gu58oc
Could you handle some monolithic banger sung in Bulgarian?

bump

Why do you want people to hate Ladytron?

Why do you assume this silly thing? I want to discuss them on a fucking music board. Why do you have a problem with that?

derivative dance punk with sound design worse than fucking skrillex, I will live happily

weird thread.

Brand New's Jesse Lacey is influenced by

Modest Mouse, Jawbreaker, Archers of Loaf, Neutral Milk Hotel, Superchunk, The Jesus Lizard, and The Jesus and the Mary Chain

>sound design worse than fucking skrillex
Wow, you went full edgelord. You're funny.

You're probably wondering why so many posters believe you're trying to undermine Ladytron. Your problem is that you are so damn aggressive. If someone says they don't like Ladytron, you insult them and initiate an argument. When you do this, people go on the defensive and stand by their initial statement. In fact, they become less likely to change their opinion! Your actions polarize people. You make those who don't like Ladytron dislike them even more. You make folks who are on the fence about Ladytron not want to listen to them. If someone comes into your thread and makes a negative post about Ladytron, you're honestly better advised to just ignore them.

You also come across as extremely obsessive. You seem to believe that Ladytron is unequivocally better than any other band. Every day, you come on Sup Forums and post about Ladytron. Everyone has a favorite band, but most people don't take that far. Bumping your own threads multiple times after discussion has died down is also discouraged.

>Your problem is that you are so damn aggressive.
Aggressive? Moi?
>If someone says they don't like Ladytron, you insult them and initiate an argument.
You forgot that you're on Sup Forums. This board is about arguments. I insult them only if they insult me or my taste.
>When you do this, people go on the defensive and stand by their initial statement. In fact, they become less likely to change their opinion!
You're completely delusional if you think that people change their opinion about music just because of your posts here. People are very stubborn.
>Your actions polarize people.
Isn't that a good thing?
>You make those who don't like Ladytron dislike them even more.
They already dislike them. It doesn't matter how much. Why do you even care about their hate-o-meter?
>You make folks who are on the fence about Ladytron not want to listen to them.
If I don't discuss them, those sensible folks don't listen to them. If I discuss them, those sensible folks still don't want to listen to them. Anything changed? Also why do you even care? Why should I care?
These threads are mostly for people who already know them - to discuss the band's music. If you don't know their music there's nothing to discuss.
>You also come across as extremely obsessive. You seem to believe that Ladytron is unequivocally better than any other band.
Like I'm not allowed to believe that X band is the best in my opinion. Do you realize how stupid is your phrase? Do you realize that music taste is subjective?
>Every day, you come on Sup Forums and post about Ladytron.
Are you kidding me? A few times a month =/= every day. You're just too autist and see Ladytron threads everywhere even if they don't exist. You should chill out and mind your business. Or better yet, filter these threads. I don't want you in my own threads.

So you're a troll? A'ight