Are there mu/tants who never listened to grimes? if yes, why don't you give her music a try?

are there mu/tants who never listened to grimes? if yes, why don't you give her music a try?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=1A_aauG6n0I
youtube.com/watch?v=8R00Vu7Ag7s
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
gorillavsbear.net/files/2012/01/Real-Is-A-Feeling-Grimes-Remix.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=m9UlQofrwzI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkYRUYnr5bA
youtube.com/watch?v=FTvanzhR6ok
youtube.com/watch?v=5oqxz6hpGbs
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
youtube.com/watch?v=zZZ8SGlgv1I
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HypeAversion
youtube.com/watch?v=J60pepCNkV4
youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w
youtube.com/watch?v=ooWkA_-lOHA
youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6OQ7RvDXc
youtube.com/watch?v=AQZESJ2Pga8
youtube.com/watch?v=eglu23iGsU0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I liked Halfaxa and visions but I don’t often listen to them. Listened to one song off art angels and fucked right off.

I know that I've listened to visions and art angels but I don't remember them at all

She sold out, after visions she’s been irrelevant to me. Nonexistent, art angels was visions stripped of all its originality and nuance

you hate pop, right?

>She sold out,
[citation needed]

dude, visions and halfaxa were pop too, just a dreamier kind. you're too delusional if you actually expected her to make the same albums over and over again. great artists evolve and risk alienating their fanbases.

I'm sorry. I like Synthpop that has real talent not some Canadian twat whisper singing over Casio presets.

synthpop fan here. sad opinion, tbch. it's not even worth debating it.

Becoming more generic and mainstream is "evolving" to you? Are you one of those "Let's Dance was Bowie's best album" people?

wtf is generic about art angels? do you even know another album with songs like scream, kill v. maim, venus fly, laughing and not being normal, pin?! show me just one mainstream top with songs like those mentioned by me and i will eat my hat.
on a side note, i'm curious what do you think about the poppier hounds of love by kate bush after the experimental the dreaming.

I actually tried because I expected some prog pop but it really was just shit

what if your taste actually sucks? what is not to like about her music?

Define shit taste and the possible origins of it... let's discuss that one...

It doesn't feel good on any level... It isn't interesting... Please show me her best song and then I tell you in an explicit way whether I find it good and why... Thank you...

>Please show me her best song
How do you NOT already know what her best song is? Are you one of those shallow people who talk about music without listening to it first?

Read my first post in this thread... Thank you...
You implied the possibility of subjectivity of music and I want to know what according to your taste her best song is... I only listened to Realiti and other smash hits...

it's funny, the constant grimes waifu/anti-waifu-posting turned me right the fuck off trying her music for ages, but i'm listening to art angels as we speak and it's pretty decent synthpop desu

i need to have a more open mind in future

you should listen to her more obscure stuff; it's really good.
youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=1A_aauG6n0I
youtube.com/watch?v=8R00Vu7Ag7s
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54

You are hypnotized and probably drugged... wake up...

i urge you to listen to visions too. it's more synthpop than art angels, yet darker.

gorillavsbear.net/files/2012/01/Real-Is-A-Feeling-Grimes-Remix.mp3

>It doesn't feel good on any level...
How COULD it feel good to you on any level if you haven't tried ACTIVELY listening to it? That would be like saying seafood doesn't taste like anything to you based on NEVER having eaten it...

You're actually not that wrong, two last songs would be ok to smoke weed to for someone who smokes weed or to listen to it while relaxing or something... For me it's too folky and wiccan... Also judged in an absolute way first two really are entry level compositions and nothing that pleasant...

I expected progressive synth pop after reading the descriptions of this artist going on amphetamine binges for days and composing music, synthesizer arpeggios, odd time signatures, septatonal chords at least... I really was disappointed... This is no music for me... stay okay...

Because you niggers keep spamming her. Literally the only reason I have not.

I actually listened to it, realiti, some other smash hits... was really uninviting... sorry...

>Read my first post in this thread...
Um, user, we are all posting here anonymously...

>You implied the possibility of subjectivity of music
FYI I'm a different user - stop assuming everyone here who isn't you is just one other person. It just promulgates confusion.

>I only listened to Realiti and other smash hits...
Aka EXACTLY what I suspected your ACTUAL story was when I wrote (since people who come into these threads attempting to make the same sorts of points as you almost always have the same story.) Passing judgment on an artist's ENTIRE musical catalog based on just 3-4 songs is idiotic. Especially when it comes to artists (like Grimes) whose music tends to range very widely in form and style.

see

>I actually listened to it
user, you have already stated that you have NOT listened to her ENTIRE discography several times itt...

is this progressive enough to you?
youtube.com/watch?v=m9UlQofrwzI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkYRUYnr5bA
youtube.com/watch?v=FTvanzhR6ok
youtube.com/watch?v=5oqxz6hpGbs
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
youtube.com/watch?v=zZZ8SGlgv1I

realiti, uninviting? that's literally one of the catchiest songs ever made. that's the one song that even her haters admit it's good. wtf is not to like about it?

I see her mentioned here a lot but I have a natural tendency to avoid meme artists.

i've tried a couple times it's just not for me

So do I. There's even a name for this behavior - Hype Aversion:
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HypeAversion

I first heard of Grimes via the marketing push for Visions, and avoided her like the plague because of it for approximately three years. Once the hype surrounding my initial knowledge of her died down I was able to go back as a listener and give her music a fair chance - and she's now my favorite current solo musical artist...

What music DO you like? Imo it's just as interesting to hear what people who DON'T particularly like Grimes also do/don't like as it is to hear the same from those who DO. And no - I'm not baiting. Just curious.

youtube.com/watch?v=J60pepCNkV4

nowhere as good as mozart

the hook on this is great
youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w

youtube.com/watch?v=ooWkA_-lOHA

Listened to Art Angels, it was decent but nothing special and she's mediocre at singing, didn't exactly captivate me enough to look into her other stuff

Because it's shit.

over-hyped crap

Not him, but true patricians know that The Dreaming is the better album.

I like to get high and listen to shit like this

youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6OQ7RvDXc
youtube.com/watch?v=AQZESJ2Pga8
youtube.com/watch?v=eglu23iGsU0

After all the memes I finally gave her a listen. I miss when everyone was spamming LDA

>Grimes is my favorite solo musical artist

YOU ARE NOW ABOUT TO WITNESS THE STRENGTH OF PEAK AUTISM

If you liked early Autechre maybe you would dig Visions. Otherwise, weak chances.

ellipses man

versus

capital words for emphasis man

who will win

>someone actually took the time to make this