The Beginner's Guide to Jazz Guitar:
>jazzguitar.be/ebooks/The_Beginners_Guide_To_Jazz_Guitar.pdf
Blues Guitar Lessons:
>learnandmaster.com/resources/Spotlight_Blues_Guitar_LessonBook.pdf

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eXpGbqB4d24
youtube.com/watch?v=TwIvUbOhcKE
musicgoroundburnsville.com/p/881024/used-dangelico-exl-1-electric-guitar-other?
youtube.com/watch?v=1VyjP8KpYe4
youtu.be/540aQcuVQvw?t=1m24s
clyp.it/il2wcdif
youtu.be/sPJHQmJAiKA
vocaroo.com/i/s01NRsLoZnqY
vocaroo.com/i/s0YV66gFj0dD
vocaroo.com/i/s09DIn57k6QH
youtube.com/watch?v=m24DPDKZ4zA
youtube.com/watch?v=71cWiBpTGbU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is there any clip available of those tele prototypes?

How do I buy a guitar? I don't know what guitar to buy. I've been playing my dad's gibson 335 but want to get my own now. Should I just try out a few at guitar center and see what I like?

They did a limited reissue of it once, and others have made replicas. I'm sure there has to be some on youtube. Search Snakehead Tele

I'm the guy who wanted to buy an acoustic some threads ago. I realized that spending big dollars on a decent acoustic is a waste when I could just buy a decent semi-hollow/archback for that, and use my current strat as a practice guitar at my dorm. Probably gonna try out something like pic related when I make it to a store. Do you guys have any tips or things to watch out for?

Yes

I just bought my first legit pedal. How did I do?

>Should I just try out a few at guitar center and see what I like
yes. whatever looks, plays and sounds best to you. pay attention to burrs on the frets ends and if the entire guitar resonates

Good choice

yeah, I heard the reissue, but I'm curious about the original pickups.

that's not a telecaster

I doubt there's any clips of the original.

You failed. kys

Not bad. Crybaby is kinda the ds1 of wahs

It's the first Telecaster...or if you want to be a stickler, what was to become the Telecaster.

Discuss

If i want a strat, I'll get a fender. If I want a custom 22, I'll get a prs

I can't speak vodka, but it looks like this is an original one youtube.com/watch?v=eXpGbqB4d24

No, it has a truss rod. Not an original.

Eric Haugen from Erichaugenguitar.com

Is everything about the electric guitar industry designed to be as fucking monumentally backwards as possible?

>guitars are still primarily wood
You can pay thousands of dollars for a hunk of wood, when a composite material would not only offer better resonant properties and have absolutely perfect density, but would also allow for guitars that stay in tune regardless of temperature or humidity, and allow for guitars to be far lighter and thinner.

>people STILL buy amps
Amp technology is not only 60 years out of date, it's perfectly reproduced by modelling software to such a degree that 9/10 musicians even PREFER the sound of a computer. And yet people still spend thousands of dollars on "muh amps" because it's how a drunk man drugged out of his mind 40 years ago used to play on stage, or because they're too scared to plug their guitar into the same mixer their keyboardist is using at a gig because they think it'll contaminate them.

>pedals are 2 dollars of components, priced at a 2000% markup minimum
This one is mindblowing to me. A basic as fuck electrical circuit with an LED and footpedal attached is somehow worth 40 dollars, and this is from the chinks. When you get into USA made "artisan" dogshit, expect to pay 200+ dollars for components that aren't even remotely hard to procure.

>the pickup scam machine
They're literally magnets and wire. You're paying 80 dollars per pickup for something a 2 dollar wire wrapping attachment for your drill could do.

if its so easy why aren't you making mad bank?

youtube.com/watch?v=TwIvUbOhcKE

Because I don't have the money to buy a 50 year old brand name to sell this shit to dads and stoners. It's a lucrative market, but the key thing to remember about idiots with more money than sense, is that they'll always go for the monster cables over a mom and pop coathanger wire. People pay 10 grand for wood because it says Gibson on the headstock, not because they're looking for a decent instrument.

Is it retarded if I record using only digital amps like Overloud?

Loser talk really

Nice Roman, this one is actually pretty good.

Do I think pickups are overpriced? Yes
Do I think they sound differently depending on components and winding? Yes
You can't be serious if you believe that ceramic can hold a candle to Alnico.

I don't think anyone has anything to gain from making better guitars for cheaper.

Did you put the fabric over the piclguard pr is that a clear pickguard?

Clear pickguard

here's mine. white never looks good on me but i love the guitar.

Eastman archtops, pretty sure they at least had a carved top. Floating neck pickup.

>tfw shitty timing

That's when they sound the worst you sperg

How do i start/join a band if im autistic and dont interact with other human beings?

join an internet band

get all the instruments yourself and be your own band

not all of them, just the ones above 1500 usd. At that price point your best option is a chinese brand called Loar, because is the only one with full solid wood bodies. Or a used Levin, but good look finding one of those.

The plan is to become non-autistic through music not to become super autistic

congratulations, you just started a band! wanna give it a name?

1. Check out Flaxwood guitars. They're made of natural fiber composite.
2. While modelling technology has come a long way and digital amp sims sound really good nowadays, most modellers don't behave the same way as valve amps. The way valve amps react to your playing is different and they also interact differently with pedals. As far as I know, the new Boss multieffect tries to mimic some of these characteristics.
3. & 4. Just like houses are only wood and nails. Just hammer shit together. Easy!

yo check this out. It's a killer deal my man

I;m not sure if you're the guy that was also looking for an archtop with a spruce top and floater pickup
musicgoroundburnsville.com/p/881024/used-dangelico-exl-1-electric-guitar-other?

I have an idea of a good name, i can already see the crowd chanting its name.

be like this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=1VyjP8KpYe4

I have been playing for 10 years and i still have to look at the fret board every now and then if i don't want to fuck up, especially when going up or down 3+ frets. For basic chords i don't have to look at all.

Am i retarded? I feel as though a lot of guitar players don't have to look while playing at all

It doenst matter how long you've been playing if you don't play constantly, that's the secret to not looking, it's all muscle memory

I play like at least 10+ hours a week

1 day a week isn't really enough to develop that much skill.

Notch the back of your neck at each fret position, then you'll easily be able to feel exactly how many frets you've moved.

Oh yeah you just suck then. Dude guys like petrucci, satch, vai, they all look at the board. Who cares?

This is what a working musician's pickups look like. The kind of "relicing" that boomers only wish they could naturally make happen. Had to retire the pickup today.

^these guys are brand positioners^

No I think that's me, I pretty much gave up on finding an archtop with decent acoustic properties at my price range. The only thing that's left is really old german made guitars that I'd fit a floater pickup to. That or a loar of it I can get one used and I like it.
Hmm, okay. Yeah I'm looking for a used loar.

>The only thing that's left is really old german made guitars that I'd fit a floater pickup to

Some of the best Archtops I've played have been Hofners but people are starting to catch on to them. Look for the President model, sometimes you can find them cheap when people don't know what they have.

The allure of the single pickup guitar edition...

Don't know. Just wondered if looking at my fret board while playing makes me look like a bad guitarist

Höfner, Musima, Framus are fairly common, and then guitars from a bunch of smaller german luthiers from the late 1800s to the early 1900s. I tested 2 of those today, one of them needed serious work done to make it even playable, the other one didn't sound great since it had a fairly small body and the action couldn't be set to a decent height so I'd have to get the bridge filed down.

>Hey, fellow kids

Singer/Songwriter

Are you economically illiterate?

>musicgoroundburnsville.com/p/881024/used-dangelico-exl-1-electric-guitar-other?
I'm not that guy, and I'm not even American, but thanks.

hello can anyone tell me how to achieve this sound or what its called?

youtu.be/540aQcuVQvw?t=1m24s

Been learning ukulele for a while now as my first instrument because it looked fun and was told it was easy to learn. I have fun and all but I can't help to feel a little limited. Alot of cool songs can't really be played on it. Is it worth it to make the jump to learning the guitar instead? How much harder is it to learn?

I have an acoustic guitar and know a few songs, should I get an electric one? I didn't have the money or the room for the amp at the time so I bought an acoustic instead
What say you?

no, it's a protocaster

Guitar is as easy as you want it to be. You could very easily coast on a dozen or so chords for years, but if you want to be able to compose and improvise freely then you better expect to put some hours into practice and study, and I mean hours per day.

hows the lead guitar? (the one more to the left)
clyp.it/il2wcdif

Do you ever listen back to the stuff you record?

dude, go to a doctor and check your testosterone levels, I'm not joking.
Nice picture btw.

>Shawn lane but with rapid balding and no skill

>the angle on the ac unit
My sides

Why do you say that?
Lol

because of your sudden hair lost, weight gain and depression.
Question to all the strat owners here, included you cabinfag, what's your string height at 12 fret? Now I'm using 11s and I have them at 2mm. I'm struggling with them, I used to have them at 1.4mm.

Nope, just a guy that owns a Squier

I like it, the whole mix sounds good. Unfortunately the vocals are really bad, it's gonna have to be a no for me dawg

What pedal do I need to get this sound, massive amounts of feedback and all? Some kind of overdrive?

youtu.be/sPJHQmJAiKA

Someone a few days ago was asking what this sounded like clean. Well, I've recorded it if anyone cares to listen. Save the comments about the playing, I know I suck.

Order goes bridge-both-neck. Amp settings is clean channel, volume maxed and everything at noon.
vocaroo.com/i/s01NRsLoZnqY

And if anyone else is interested, I did the blacktop and Dean as well. Same order and settings, except the Dean. That's the bridge-both-neck-bridge w/piezo-both w/piezo-neck w/piezo-just piezo.

vocaroo.com/i/s0YV66gFj0dD (blacktop)
vocaroo.com/i/s09DIn57k6QH (dean)

No

I highly doubt he's using any pedal for that, it's just the single coils and gain high enough that it feedbacks. But boss does make a feedbacker

I bet you wanna make blues faces and they're less authentic when you look at the board.

How can I cause guitar strings to break early? My room mate is an asshole and I wanna fuck with his guitar.

Don't

shit in the control cavity

I think heat will probably decrease their longevity.

Not true

yeah i figured but i don’t have single coils and my amp only sounds good clean so i just use pedals for everything else

tell him to shut the fuck up

t. roommate sucks dick at guitar

Am I doing myself a favor by using .012 as a beginner on acoustic? Will it hurt me when I switch to a gauge more appropriate for electric guitar?

Idk what height they are, how do you tell? How do you adjust the height? How do you know I'm depressed? :(

youtube.com/watch?v=m24DPDKZ4zA

Time to get a new amp mate

Ok so maybe this will be easier for you guys who have more experience, but im having trouble figuring out what's happening in this song:

youtube.com/watch?v=71cWiBpTGbU

I analized the main riff which is E D G C B D# . playing around i found out that the E minor scale sounds "good" over the progression, except over the B chord in which the whole song feels like its doing something different. Also the D# which seems to work like a turn around is not part of the E minor scale.

So please a little help with this, i can't figure out if its a mode if its changing tune or what.

Thanks in advance for any answer