Why don't Mexilards and Russkovs learn English?

Why don't Mexilards and Russkovs learn English?

Other urls found in this thread:

elfinanciero.com.mx/economia/en-mexico-solo-de-la-poblacion-habla-ingles-imco.html
nationaljournal.com/s/656915?unlock=GZTW3EZ94OLSYW8J
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Small brains

They dont need it

Aside from several professions which require knowledge of english people don't need it

>more than 5% of Japanese speak english
what

They ""speak"" English

why would a mexican need to learn english if every american speak spanish?

Why would we do? We have own language.

To speak with foreigners - what you are doing right now.

We can do it in russian...

Petits cerveaux

>press 2 for english

>mexico

Are you serious?

Mexicans almost entirely live in one of two major Spanish speaking countries, so why would they learn English?

I thought Kenya had more speakers

I thought Japs were forced to learn English all through school? Is that just an anime meme?

English being mandatory doesn't mean it's actually learned. You too had mandatory foreign languages at school hadn't you? Can you fluently speak any of them?

Yes, force Russian on the foreigners. It is an infinitely richer and more beautiful language than the soulless anglo speech.

Russians and Frenchkies should start together called /shiteng/ - shit English usage general.

>Are you serious?
yes he is

that's strange coz actually russians learn english since their 1st grade in school
i don't see proofs

This, fuck any American business that dares not accomodate us

German is still quite common in ex-ussr countries. My mom had to learn French at school, my dad -- German, my Granddad -- German, my Grandma -- German, only my other Grandma (from me mum's side) had to learn English at school.

I'm from Ukraine btw

I thought more west Europeans spoke English than that.

>South Africa 20- 30%
Absolute bollocks

Maybe you should accomodate them by having money and not by being shifty, beer-stealing Mexiniggers.

t. worked in a convenience store

Shit I was hoping shit's not that fucked over here

>2017
>learning engl*sh
Lol no

Those are just native speakers.

>visit st. peterburg
>ask something in english
>guy yells at me in russian

motherland strong

>wanting to communicate with the Chinese

Kek
learn it!

How can your country be right next to an English speaking country and speak so little of it?
Even if a lot of people in that country speak your language, you would think you would at least speak it a bit more than most other countries.

When I was in school and if pupil who didn't learn English would have been asked why he would said that He doesn't need it. He lives in Russia where people speak russian.
It's not like russians have a lot of money to travel to other countries.
Only few % can afford something like going abroad and these % learn English.

i live next to hungarians and dont speak word of it

meh, Americans expect people around the world speak their language, they have it coming

kek, sounds like someone got docked some pay

Mexico isn't like Chile. It's a poorly educated shithole with three biomes - deserts, tropics, and highlands. People can't live in the first two, so the Mexicans are consigned to being mountain niggers writ large.

And just like American mountain niggers, Mexicans can't communicate for shit.

>this map considers what liberians speak english

No offense to Hungarians, but we're talking about English here. It's a very important language.
There's no reason not to learn it when they are right there and you probably interact often.

Kys

Why would we?

>mfw a Mexican gives me a (You)

>Think its bullshit
elfinanciero.com.mx/economia/en-mexico-solo-de-la-poblacion-habla-ingles-imco.html
Fuck, I really was expecting more english speakers.
I mean, almost no one had a reason to learn it until now with most internet content being in english but even then we dont interact too much with americans other than the tourist sector or the private sector which are supposed to learn it. Surprisingly in that article it says that not even the private sector cares to teach or requisite speaking english.
l-lewd

>didn't paint portugal
newfags ruining this board

I feel disgust every time an american gives me a (You)

Jokes aside, I think a lot of people outside North America look at maps and assume that Americans and Mexicans are literally living next to each other like some sort of Benelux meme border state.

In reality, there's thousands of miles of inhospitable desert and steep mountains separating major population centers on the US side from major population centers on the Mexican side. It's really not rocket science why both countries are so culturally and linguistically separated.

>we dont interact too much with americans other than the tourist sector or the private sector
I would imagine a huge amount of the population could benefit from learning it just based off of how much business you can do with the US.
I assume Mexico already conducts a lot of business with them, and if they do, it would mean more jobs for people related to this type of business and maybe English would be useful in those situations.
It just makes sense to me.

Still, just being within driving distance you must have a lot of interaction. That's why I don't understand it.

Mexico only really opened up to foreign investment recently. Before that, tourism and migrant worker transfer payments were their main business from the US.

Sounds like a very big waste of an opportunity 2bh.

Yes, lefty ideologies tend to result in missed opportunities. They're coming around now though. The days of Mexican power outages are over thanks to American natural gas, and the days of shit being produced across the Pacific Ocean are over thanks to new production facilities in Mexico.

It's a good time to be North American.

And its not like a big part of each countries population hates each other. Doesnt help that traveling between both countries legally is a pain in the ass and that most americans have this view of mexico as a narcoshithole while mexicans think of america as a racist,burger shithole.
At least Americans that do come here to Mexico do get treated respectfully unlike most mexicans that get to America.
Last time we interacted nicely with them they stole half our land.
It is, but we got this deals in the 90s called Nafta were we all agreed to make some sacrifices to improve the business relationships with each other... Which trump now wants to change.
Thanks Obama.

Sounds like a fun relationship.
Thanks.

Mexicans are generally respected just fine in the US. We don't like chollos, but everyone else is fine.

Why do all nords speak english?

>It's a good time to be North American.
Your country is almost on a racial war and Trump wants to remake Nafta to fuck our relationship even more.
I have heard some americans get autistic whenever they hear someone talking spanish and we have seen the cases posted online everyonce in a while. Like that guy on the wheelchair messing with some random mexicans on the airport.
>We don't like chollos, but everyone else is fine.
And I get you, we dont like cholos or chicanos around here either.
English already fucked with spanish since we were both colonies, its a really lasting tradition.

From experience I can tell those Dutch numbers are exaggerated

Trump isn't going to remake NAFTA. That's just tough anti free-trade talk for the Canadians. He literally makes some of his own branded shit in Mexico. You think he's really going to fuck that up?

Also, there is no race war here. It's small groups of fringe radicals: nationaljournal.com/s/656915?unlock=GZTW3EZ94OLSYW8J

Economy isnt really my strong but I have seen some economist make some remarks about some of Trumps plans to change the deal will affect our side.
> He literally makes some of his own branded shit in Mexico
> You think he's really going to fuck that up?
He already had some car facilites shut down to bring them to America or make it harder for the ones that want to stay in the country, while I understand his reason to do so it affects our relationship so I dont think its the best thing to do.

>He already had some car facilites shut down to bring them to America
Yeah, he had to please some very well-organized unions in order to grow his political base. He's also made some token overtures to coal country even though coal is a dying industry here even without government interference.

In your personal opinion, do you think what he is doing is sane? He seems to be fucking up really big. Is that part of the 9D mahjong or what?

His broad, anti-free trade stance is mostly correct. For decades the US has been subsidizing the free movement of goods with its navy as part of a broader security policy to tie the world together so we can fight the soviets. The soviets are long gone now, so our free trade aegis really doesn't make sense anymore. Thus, you're seeing a natural American withdrawal from world affairs, including free trade.

The reason behind it are kind of complicated. If you want some broader context as to why American isolationism is back in vogue right now, you should look up Peter Zeihan on youtube. He has some talks that explain the dynamics at work really well.

That map is so wrong at so many levels, I can't believe that they even get the European data from Special 2012 Eurobarometer wrong

Dont you think he could take some other stances to support America AND the rest of NorthAmerica as well? The aggressive sudden stances that he is taking after some years of building up a closer business relationship seems like flushing all the work spent and seems as an overall pretty big dick move.
I really expected on the most recent years for mexicans to learn more english mainly just due to the internet.

>be spic
>move to us
>refuse to learn English and if you do only use Spanish anways

>tfw American schools force you to learn Spanish

You are like 51% now so why even bother?

>Mexicans are generally respected just fine in the US. We don't like chollos, but everyone else is fine.

>tfw my hard working 60 yr old father who came to the US legally gets told racist shit all the time.
A 100 million americunts could die and I wouldn't give a shit.

CHI

Ai fluentli spiks Inslish, watz ze problem?

fucking bravo. thats they way it should be

the laziness of spics strikes again

get out of my country you fucking anchor baby spic.
>A 100 million americunts could die and I wouldn't give a shit.
you father is a fucking faggot who should of stayed where he belonged and beat your ass with the strap.

I love how your race is dying, and your pathetic attempts to fight the inevitable are hilarious

Are you in Italy because of the war? Because Ukrainian citizens living here are mainly women in their 50s, but I've seen a spike in young Ukrainian men here after shit went down in Crimea

>he says as he lives in a country built by whites
way to use the system you degenerate. and people like you wonder why they are hated

Mexicans really have no excuse. Your fucking neighbors.

Enjoy your white genocide sweetie ;)))

atleast you fucking stay in mexico. I just hate your brethren over here

>Your fucking neighbors
>Clashing cultures
>Anglos and spaniards sabotaged each other since the colonies
>Americans have fucked us for centuries
>Both sides have a sense of "the other country is a massive shithole and will kill me as soon as I get in"
>Outside of tourism and some private sector trade wasnt that big between each other until the 90s.
And things like At least americans in Mexico get treated nicely though.

Because English is a subhuman language

In the Netherlands we get English, German and French in school. Because you know, they are trade partners. It's considered of economic importance.

It's not like we haven't had our fair share of wars against the British, Germans or French.

>Both sides have a sense of "the other country is a massive shithole
lol what. Mexicans think USA is a shithole and their country is "better" to live in than ours? If that was the case why is their 20million of them here

You are in a union with them and can go easily to any other european country, I assume because you see yourselves as all being Europeans and having a pretty similar culture with each other. Apart from the migration and drug problem (Thanks Nixon) and the fact that the land of the free has some facist tier methods for security we have no reason to try to mix together.
Our problem is in development, you have a pretty shitty societal structure and way of thinking IN GENERAL, Im steriotyping but most think they will get treated like subhumans so why even bother learning a language of a country you dont want to deal with.
>If that was the case why is their 20million of them here
Because your goverment has really shitty foreigner relationships, your goverment caused that shit in WW2.

Yes, le ebin taco cartel state is truly the pinnacle of societal development.

We didnt really have a problem with cartels until certain people on the north wanted us to fight a proxy war to stop it and it went out of control so now the cartel problem is rooted deep in the state and society...
Thanks Obama.

So you admit that your country is essentially a failed state propped up by organized crime at this point? Why should we have free trade agreements and free movement of people again?

Not so much of a failed state like Haiti or Venezuela. Italy and Greece have a hard time nowadays and Italy also has/had a big mafia problem yet they arent a failed state.
>Why should we have free trade agreements and free movement of people again?
Because since Nafta, Mexico has grown better potential for industry, its ok if your pride wont let you make business with us but let the 1% do so.

We don't need it apart from the ones up north, there's a lot of international business going on up there.

I just hope MALO wins in 2018, I want him to kick Americans that are taking our natural resources and selling to us our own oil more expensive out of this country.

Apparently AMLO is not that much of a commie meme anymore? Apparently he toned down the communism a bit? Is that true?

>selling us our own oil
Is that how politicians in Mexico spin it? Because what we do is refine your inputs and sell you the refined shit you can actually use. It's a high-tech industry that Mexico can't really do on its own.

The choices are either: a) buy refined petroleum products from the US or b) don't use petroleum products at all. Your oil is shit quality. Same problem Venezuela has.

Yea, I read somewhere foreigners don't expect him to be a Chavez/Maduro and that they will keep investing here if he wins.

We have 6 refinerys though. The problem is apparently some shitty American law that wont let you send crude? Im not too sure how the whole things work so Im assuming there.

We used to have a ban on exporting crude, but that was lifted last year. The problem isn't a lack of refineries. It's the fact that not all refineries are equal. Some grades of crude can be refined locally in Mexico, but others, such as heavy crude filled with sulphur, mercury, and other contaminants, need to be exported to specialized refineries in the US that can do things with them.

About half your oil production is very heavy, Maya-22 crude btw.