What are their options? Do nothing and lose all their viewers or do something and lose all their sponsers

What are their options? Do nothing and lose all their viewers or do something and lose all their sponsers.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/nfl-tv-ratings-slide-worries-wall-street-1041187
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They have 3 choices.

1. Continue to let players protest and hemmorage money as the main consumers of the product stop watching and boycott all of their sponsors products

2. Start suspending and fining players who protest

3. Start turning players into the authorities for treason

All of them don't end well. They brought this on themselves.

They are fucked honestly, they will have to bend to the liberal narrative but liberals don't consume their product, and furthermore actively hate it for being masculine and dangerous

Is there any proof ratings are down specifically due to players protesting?

I have lot of very liberal people on my twitter (work purposes) and they all support this and all watch football.

The kneeling won't make a significant dent in viewership. Few people actually are offended by it. Sup Forums isn't an accurate representation of the nation as a whole.

Not sure about now but last season there definitely was. Honestly their best bet is to wait it out and let it blow over. This shit will die out eventually, people are gonna stop caring about it. Trump is really forcing them into a corner though. Every time he comments about it he makes it harder for the NFL because it brings back attention.

Have all players in the locker room during the national anthem, and don't televise it.

That isn't even their biggest problem. They need to address the CTE problem without diluting the product with protective rules. I don't think that's possible.

>start turning in players for treason

Turn off fox news, gramps. And take your meds. Please.

>tell players to stand for the anthem
>they do
>main viewing demographic is pleased
>nigs nog on their on their own time
>pink haired Bolsheviks go back to not caring about football

Literally the only solution?

Why do they need to address it?

>play football your whole life because you're a genetic monster and a modern day gladiator
>decide to go to college then pro
>you know the risks but love the game and the money is fat as fuck
>walk out with injuries because it's a brutal sport

No shit, that's how warriors have always lived. They know the risks of a violent sport.

According to ESPN: NFL viewership is down because people think the NFL is being unfair to Kapernick's righteous struggle.

They could just tell the broadcasters to not mention or focus on the protesting. No one at home would care and people can continue protesting whatever they want.

Yes

>not televising the anthem
I will not watch out of spite, it is the best part of the event

>high turnout
>WNBA
I question the legitimacy of this infographic.

You think feminists care about NFL football?
You think black girls at the salon care about football?

Football, like it or not, is a white male viewership. 30yr - 70 yr old.

The previous decline was due to increased hispanics who rather watch Barcelona or Turin divegrass. Now the decline the past few years has accelerated as it has started becoming white people vs black people. NFL becoming a BLM political platform.

Its high voter turnout from the fanbase, i.e. WNBA loving lesbians vote a lot (they do)

3rd one ends pretty well

They reap what they sow, should have stopped it before it got bad

More like niggers who want to watch NFL but can't because they can't afford utility bills and white families tuning out. And Hispanic-Americans giving ZEROFUCKS about football.

You stepped on my joke.

Comparatively, the WWE is definitely bigger than the WNBA but its low because most fans dont give a shit enough to vote period. (Trump being honorary WWE hall of fame possibly an exception)

White male a re bunch of cucks.

Sure they might lose some, but they'll still have a lot of them watching along with the other 50% of the nation that supports democrats.

Lol sorry, with the people who come here shilling trying to discredit infographics like that with statements like that, it sort of triggered the 'tism

>the sub 50% of the country who is actually democrats watch football
Oh sweetie

They are only expected to make $15 billion this year. That's the power of trumpfags and their protests
>look what happened to oreo

>hollywoodreporter.com/news/nfl-tv-ratings-slide-worries-wall-street-1041187

>You think feminists care about NFL football?
Yes, actually, since their motives wouldn't be to threaten the game economically by withholding their viewership but to sabotage what in their view is an institution of male domination, right down to the concept of competition and keeping score. So these types won't impact a downturn in viewership but will do all they can in social media to pass around negative portrayals of football (concussion issue, BLM protests as evidence of institutional racism, etc.)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And they are only planning on making $26 billion a year by 2025. What a failing sport

These types dont think that far in advance you fuckwit, they like whatever stupid shit they like and if they didnt find football interesting before they arent going to suddenly have a room covered in redskins memorabilia like my 60 year old cousin you fucking dumb twat

If players arent going to respect the national flag then I have another flag to waive instead

Stock up friends, you cant buy these flags on Amazon anymore.

OR! They just whether this shit and let it pass. Ask yourself if athletes are going to keep doing this shit till the end of time. It's going to stop eventually.

A plain white flag should always be easy to get

Lol "planning" and those plans assume this shit will stop for one (it wont)

Secondly, TV advertisers losing 10% year to year is HUUUUUGE, you're a total idiot if you don't see that

If youre "silent majority" actually did something, the owners and Goodell would have sided with Trump in an instant.

Who still fills these stadiums? White men. kek

>WWE

Uh, they kept saying Kaepernick would stop and he didnt now theyre all doing it. They'll be doing this shit for at least 8 years straight, this is gonna be the first fill season of it wall to wall, with another one to be expected next year. We'll see how long the public puts up with it

>I will not watch out of spite, it is the best part of the event

danse cams and obese cheerleaders are better to be desu

Hear me out lads, why not just skip the anthem and go straight to the game?

I bet they don't even understand the sport.

They don't have to think deeply about an issue that doesn't concern them, they have authors writing articles for social engineering purposes within their media sphere to do that for them. They'll just follow along, as did all those feminists decades ago who began the "let's not keep score; it's hurtful to the weaker team" movement.

Only rural retards are triggered over a protest and ratings are down due to cordcuttersin the US. It's happening across the board, that's why sports are continuing to tap markets outside the country

What are they even protesting over at this point? Still dindus, are are they just buttmad that Kaeperdick doesn't have a job?

The stadiums arent full any more genius

Nonsense. Wars of the near future will be fought by anti-BLM drones and unmanned RC units such as pic related.

>Start turning players into the authorities for treason
Drumpfkins in fucking hysterics

>daytime watchers lean democrat
Makes you think

>cordcutting
See this graph, cordcutting is a tiny amount. Its mostly: liberals pissed about muh domestic violence and now right wingers pissed about the anthem

BUT PLEASE keep desperately telling yourself its all just cord cutters

Most people don’t.

>ratings are down due to cordcuttersin the US

1. Ratings take cord cutting into account and are adjusted accordingly.
2. hollywoodreporter.com/news/nfl-tv-ratings-slide-worries-wall-street-1041187

>That survey indicated 30 percent of the viewers who watched less football in 2016 than they did the season prior said they did so because they were offended by players protesting the anthem.

>Way down on the list of survey results is the bugaboo that has been distressing all Hollywood lately: "cord cutting, i.e. canceling my subscriptions to cable or satellite TV." That answer was cited 6 percent of the time on the J.D. Power survey.

XFL not looking so bad in retrospect

The owners are letting the monkeys run the circus. Fuck the NFL.

They still wont watch football more except during the owl maybe for commercials

Then 8 years is as long as it takes. 8 years of kneeling which WON'T change racism. Which WON'T change police brutality. Which WON'T change out political climate for the better. After the dust settles all this will be remembered as is a sign of the times where our political climate was at its worst. Just a symptom not a solution.

Kneeling is a meme. Just like planking was. Pointless and finite in its natute.

>rural retards
>taking this meme seriously
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHSHA

Can someone explain what they're protesting? I don't get it. I just hear buzzwords that don't mean anything like "racial justice" etc.

Basically it's monkey see monkey do when it comes to niggers.

wypipo

WHITEY NEEDA GIVE ME MO MONEY FO DEM PROGRAMS

The fucking OWNERS standing in "solidarity" with the players (even though they're enemies irl) was fucking pathetic

Fuck this league

>implying if its another white guy after that, that protests wont keep going for another 4-8+ years, being over 10 going on 20 years of this circus at that point

the po-leece be raycis an sheit

AYO FUCK AMERIKKKA SENPAI WHAT ABOUT ALL THESE NIGGAS GETTIN KILT IN THE STREETS BY CRACKKKA ASS OFFICERS FUCK TRUMP FUCK WHITE PPL

That's what I do. Put it on PVR and just wait half an hour so I can skip the anthem, the commercials, and the halftime.

do american play national anthem b4 all sporting event? even baseball, basketball or soccer, i don't get why is this shit even a requirement in the first place

>They need to address the CTE problem

No they don't

Boxers know how bad it is for them

Racers know they could be maimed/killed in each race

If you play in the NFL you accept the risk of CTE

Black people want to be able to commit crimes and not get hassled by the police for it. That's generally the crux of it.

cops shot a black guy a few years ago so the anthem is now racist and fuck trump

This is apt to killl the league faster imo

If the owners had the deniability of "we're doing our best to reign in the niggers pls be patient america" people would stick with it, but seeing the billionaire owners go out and stand in solidarity with players stomping on the flag is way more than people will stomach

When I watch a football game, I don't want to spend 5 minutes listening to announcers virtue signaling. The same goes for sports shows. I watch sports to relax, not to listen to blacks whine about evil crackers. Police brutality? Yeah, I think the cops should beat the ever living crap out of crooks and shoot anyone who attacks them.

It's called virtue signaling. Also, the owners think that if they appear politically correct, they'll make more money.

>do american
>american flag
Pedro pls

their best option WAS to say absolutely nothing about the president's remarks and to make sure ALL other teams do the same.

that ship has sailed, however, so now they're fucked. ratings will fall, sponsors will low ball them and they'll reap what they sow; this is exactly why you don't let ANY kind of politics seep into sports.

the trump curse is very real. it will serve these incompetent, self serving, fake shit heads right.

That's all it is. Some judge rulings they didn't like (and don't understand) and Trump being in office they think America is racist and wants blacks dead or in jail at any cost. When in reality majority blacks in prison or shot cannot follow the laws because of their shit community. When a judge rules a cop is innocent or lawful because there isn't evidence that proves without a doubt they get all upset because they don't understand how this nation works. Then they say the legal system is rigged, everything is rigged against black people and white people hate us. Well Many people do hate them besides whites because they don't follow the laws, their community promotes gang shit and breaking laws, high fatherless rates, high crime rates..

That's pretty much what I thought.

>>pink haired Bolsheviks go back to not caring about football

Literally why is the NFL catering to them

Goodell should have quietly banned kneeling for anthem during the off-season like he does with touchdown celebrations and his no fun league rules

too late now, I will gladly enjoy Goodell's NFL demise

Rating were down almost double digits last year and the league made more money. You aren't making a dent in anything with your fake outrage
Retards is the main takeaway
>a lame duck president that we're emotionally attached to will really make a difference

>democracts stay up all night in their moms basement while republicans are sleeping to gain energy to go to work the next day so they can pay for democrat welfare

Makes me think

I was watching the Pats game at a bar in Boston today and several people literally paid their tab and went home when they saw the camera pan to a bunch of dindu Patriots kneeling. This is definitely reaching a crisis point for the NFL because working class whites (aka 90% of their customers) are starting to tune out completely.

>I will gladly enjoy Goodell's NFL demise

His contract was just renewed for another 10 years. I can't see him making it that long though.

He's trying to play both sides of the fence and doesn't realize that pisses off both sides even more

So the protests stopped a bunch of degenerates from day drinking?

>He's trying to play both sides of the fence

no he's not

>the owners think that if they appear politically correct, they'll make more money.

Implying dindus don't just steal their NFL merch

The real question is

Will the Cowboys kneel or will they put every other team to shame?

How do you figure

>They still wont watch football more except during the owl maybe for commercials
Withholding their viewership is NOT the only way a feminist can impact the game of professional football.

Think mothers. Mothers with sons. Protective hover moms with concerns over the physical damage the game of football can inflict on their precious flower boys. Feminist "sports" moms who are--as we speak (figuratively)--chocking the feeder system to death and depriving future generations of talent.

truely america's team if they all stand

A while ago jerruh said if anyone kneels they're off the team. I hope that still holds true.

Criminal thugs and their fetishists market are enough to keep the NBA afloat. NFL probably figures they can do as they please to appeal to the new generation millennial Hillary voter and only lose old white people who are suffering economically with no money to spend on Pittsburgh gear.

Same reason they gay out for breast cancer awareness and do nothing for testicle cancer which is a much bigger issue. Same reason they have the worst of the worst pop stars at the Super Bowl half time shows.

You are being replaced.

Sadly everyone tomorrow all the punidts on ESPN and Fox will defend the players and attack Trump.

Because it's in their financial interest and also because they're all a bunch of flaming liberals.

Yes, and those degenerates were all wearing $200 game jerseys and probably drop several hundred dollars a couple times a year to see games at Gillette.

I remember several years ago in the NBA one of the owners was forced out after some controversy and everyone was ok with the league impeding on this for doing something they didn't like.

Just goes to show it's okay when the leftists do it. But if th3 NFL tries to shut them down in the same way I guarantee people would be screeching saying they can't do that. But when it is something they like then all of a sudden they're a private entity that can do what they like with their business.

Can Starbucks baristas afford NFL tickets and merch?

We know they dont have cable at home many probably detest football. NFL is very short sighted

>You are being replaced

No we aren't, and the steady decline in ratings proves that. The NBA makes their money selling shoes and jerseys to poor people, many of them minorities. And they have 82 games to generate ticket and ad revenue.

The NFL makes their money from working class whites, and they only have 16 games to work with. If they don't reverse all of their negative trends immediately, the decline in viewership will become exponential.

>the last uncucked sport to be demolished

This was planned

Maybe it's about time it becomes a sport again

Yes you are.

NFL doesnt want you anymore. Not even the second biggest political party in the country wants you anymore actively works to make your life harder.