! ! L E T ’ S A R G U E ! !

Welcoming all hot takes, unpopular opinions, and tough questions!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/thread/77960593/#77961329
youtube.com/watch?v=YzE744_IGTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anthony Fantano is objectively a negative influence on the music community.

fuck anthony fantano

talking heads is overrated
television, brian eno, bowie, iggy pop, the pop group, elvis costello, suicide , roxy music did what they did but better

I'm gonna blow a fat load all over that melon.

Albums are a heavily overrated format of judging artist quality as we are not limited to having to do just that thanks to the advent of having songs as individual files. Very few albums are actually good from end to end. But if an artist releases good songs, but not good albums, they are still worth listening to as well. Music can come in a variety of different forms and it's absurd for so called music fans to just stick to an arbitrary format based in the limitation of technology (one that doesn't exist anymore) and business practices.

traps aren't gay

sargue

This unironically, see how long a music discussion can go on without some brainlet mentioning melon's score and using it as evidence

Although MCR is objectively not emo, they are much better than many of the true emo bands of the 90s and 2000s, including American Football, Cap'N Jazz, Brand New and Sunny Day Real Estate.

OFFICIAL PINK FLOYD POWER RANKINGS:
OUR LORD AND SAVIOR EDITION

>NE PLUS ULTRA TIER (Gods among men)
-Saucerful of Secrets
-Ummagumma
-Pompeii

>CONNOISSEUR TIER (Elite)
-Relics
-Atom Heart Mother
-Meddled
-Masters of Rock Vol. 1

>ÜBERMENSCH TIER (A cut above the rest)
-Meddle
-Wish You Were Here
-BBC Archives 1970-1971

>TOURIST TIER (stop kidding yourself and just listen to a different band)
-Dark Side of the Moon
-The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

>UNTERMENSCH TIER (kill yourself)
- The Division Bell
- Obscured by Clouds
- More
- Momentary Lapse of Reason
- Animals
- The Wall

>ROGER WATERS IS A HACK TIER (kill Roger and then kill yourself)
-The Final Cut

Freak Out! > TVU&N

water is wet

>meddled
You're doing this on purpose aren't you?

rbt.asia/mu/thread/77960593/#77961329
It's not like I'm making it up.

spaceghostpurrp is top 5 all time

Pink Floyd are nothing special and are not worth discussing

Listening to the best of an artist or genre to get into that artist or genre is completely retarded.
Especially for Jazz.

Opinion so hot I burned my hand replying.

lol what a dumb statement. theres a reason why kind of blue, not kenny g, is the gold standard for newcomers to jazz

>Black people make better music than white people because they actually invent new ideas and genres instead of making generic rock album #89829382

>TPAB is the 3rd best album of all time behind OKC and DSOTM

>Reddit is a better community than Sup Forums

>Tripcodes should be celebrated as the best way to post

Breathless is pretty much the greatest album of all time.

hmm

just marathoned the first second of this and i agree

>True but only for music of this decade
>GKMC is better
>Do they shitpost all day about soyboys and 6ix9ine?
>no

Each response better than the one before while still all being hot shit

meant for

>"black people make better music"
>list albums by Radiohead and Pink Floyd as the best albums of all time, third place is rapper with reddit-tier white fanbase
Be consistent. Either black people make better music or dadrockers make better music. Not disagreeing with you, but your immediate contradiction was fucking stupid.

>Reddit is a better community than Sup Forums
Well why don't you go back there then, bud?

>t. reatard

>Pink Floyd and Queen suck, as does most dadrock. Exceptions exist of course, and just because and artist made music 40/50 years ago doesnt make it dadrock. Beatles, Beach Boys, Bowie etc are good.

>emo, as a genre, is garbage

>Grimes makes great music but she's an ugly, ratfaced cunt

>Kanye West is the best hip hop artist of all time, but he's a mediocre rapper and a shit singer

>"underground" doesnt exist anymore

>Sufjan deserved the Oscar

why not thick dick nick tho

weak bait have a (You)

Im not gay
its not bait

After Hours is a top 3 TVU song

Hip hop fans don't care about music

No it’s not you dumbass just because I’ve seen a black raven doesn’t mean they’re all black.

ass, legend, legend, ass, ass, ass, ass, ass therefore youre wrong

Sup Forumscore fucking sucks the vast majority of the time. Most of you are too idiotic (or underage) to realize they were shilled ironically and weren't actually praised until you started a bandwagon.
Powerviolence is what hipsters who have horrible vocals and are scared to get offensive call the Grindcore they release.
Having a waifu is pathetic, shameful behavior and none of you will ever acquire them, let alone meet them without making them uncomfortable.
Critics exist for mental weaklings to adapt other people's interests and finally get "good taste".
Pop music is worse than it used to be, but the best stuff that exists is buried for years before enough people realize it's good. Then, it's rapidly ran in to the ground thanks to trendy people.
Paying to stream music is a waste of money. You should just listen on YouTube or snag digital copies for free until you decide to drop it altogether or support the artist.
Unless you keep it to yourself, Last.fm scrobbling is done by brainlets with inflated egos and no real personality. It's simply another way to measure dicks and/or circle-jerk with your "friends" because you want to feel special for what music you listen to.
Black Metal was started to protest assimilation and anyone who tries to fly under that banner while adhering to any "progressive" beliefs should immediately and painfully leave Earth. No exceptions. Black Metal is not your safe space and never will be, you goddamn cunts.
There's nothing talented about rhyming words to a beat. The actual production involved doesn't take much more skill and remains completely unimpressive to any moderately intelligent adult.
OP smells like reddit.

he's a negative influence if you attempt to engage in conversation with people who are obviously influenced by his opinions
just stop talking to people who parrots his opinions

>bunch of good points
>but then drops a Sup Forumstard tier opinion
god why do you racist ass faggots shit post outside of your containment board, you're easily worse than redditors. please go back.

t. guy in his early 20s who hasn't grown out of his superiority complex phase

I never browse Sup Forums. Are you referring to my Black Metal or rap comment? Genuinely want to know.

I don't have a problem with his opinions per se, but I think the teen pandering needs to stop, his content has gotten so much more stale and lazy overall. Remember the time when he would recommend a good band, instead of boring ass reddit-tier rappers?
Anthony Fantano will do anything for views, it's really getting on my nerves, it needs to stop.

i hate all of you

that's the entire ethos of this community as a whole, you bug

75% of Sup Forums-core is just critically acclaimed music from decades ago

the rap comment you absolutely trash heap

This rarely happens unironically. I hope I am wooshing on your joke.
The way those kids act, I think they would've been shit in some other way if Anthony didn't exist.

Marquee Moon is the most consistent project done by any of those artists so you're definitely wrong.

>absolutely
Get the fuck out of here, phoneposter. Opinions absolutely discarded.

possibly tru only cause maureen is a qt

Sup Forumscore's just stuff that's been praised for years though. The initial group of like six records were at one time the most often posted records here thus why it's Sup Forumscore. Board popularity regardless of irony matters for that (as Death Grips are there who have always had a good bit of the fan base who are in it ironically.)

Powerviolence existed before grind and has a strictly punk based sound to it whereas grind has a more metal one. As a result grind tends to have more discernible structured riffy bits whereas power violence is just more raw/wild.

I would think critics exist for people who don't have the time to know or figure out where to start with something. At least I do the critics equivalents hotels and shit when I am traveling to make sure I get my money's worth.

Getting worked that hard by Last.fm is up to the person not inherent to the application itself which along with Spotify definitely can have some interesting uses for data analytical use cases. Not sure why you single out last.fm for making online friends through music taste when that happens just about everywhere (here included.)

You ignore that black metal existed before Norway and that the Norwegian scene isn't the be all end all. To call it a protest against assimilation is also dishonest as even Norway's black metal along with the rest of the genre has assimilated more non-metal music styles than other metal genres.

Like, you had some opinions in there but a lot of this you're just factually wrong on.

Also, I am still not sure why everyone that says something is easy aren't doing that very thing especially when it makes so much money.

I'm feeling a light to decent 6 on this post.

>disliking rap is racist
nowhere in his comment did he even mention anything remotely racist. if anything, you're the one who's racist for even insinuating that a genre of music should be associated with a certain race.
even the black metal comment isn't racist. it's denouncing people who hold contradictory beliefs.

and by the way, you're demonstrating strong brainletism when you suddenly decide to denounce a bunch of points you originally agreed with, just because he dropped one opinion that you don't like.

also can we do away with the meme that any views right of Marx are held by nazi Sup Forumstards? it not only devalues the terms but also makes your side look incredibly stupid, hindering any chance of an actual productive dialogue between lefties and righties in the future.

Where did you find this image?

Books are a heavily overrated format of judging author quality as we are not limited to having to do just that thanks to the advent of blog posts. Very few books are actually good from end to end. But if an author releases good blog posts, but not good books, they are still worth reading as well. Writing can come in a variety of different forms and it's absurd for so called literature fans to just stick to an arbitrary format based in the limitation of technology (one that doesn't exist anymore) and business practices.

Why did he re-review Life of Pablo?

i can see why you'd make that point. starting with the perceived "best" means you can only go downhill from there.
but you're forgetting that there can be wildly different styles and takes on a genre, some of which you may find more enjoyable than others.
when people try to give an objective rating on what is the "best", they're actually just rating which album had the most development and variation within it, while still being coherent with itself and the genre.

Rap isn't real music and soundcloud rap is the worse thing to infect this shitty board.

Albums don't have a cohesive structured narrative from end to end like a novel does unless it's a concept album. Music as a whole is a far more abstract artform as well. This analogy is fucking retarded.

discussions are a heavily overrated form of enjoying the work of any artist and takes away from the personal and subjective perspective of the consumer of said work which is vital to the reception of the work.

t. has only listened to trap and soundcloud rap

Once.
I can't get into art rap either.

This, because of this tool, we have those kids like hypesage who think that because they have heard RocknRoll night club and know what Captured Tracks is, they should start spreading their cancerous opinions everywhere.

>teen pandering
No dad, you're just old. Stick to your old records and let the youth have theirs.

PS fantano sucks, and almost nice trips

if I ever see fantano in person I will put him in a coma without hesitation

fantano is the same as any other music fan, he just spews shit that he doesn't know about

i miss the bandcamp series

>being a teen means shit music is 'your' music

Concept album or not, a good album has some sort of flow to it, or else the artist would just put the tracks in a random order. Add in the stylistic elements, the tone of the album, song structure, etc. and there's absolutely something to be said for using an album to judge an artist's work. I agree that music is a more abstract artform, but there's still a merit to an album as a whole, and saying that it's an overrated format because we can now pick out single songs to listen to is a terrible argument. To say that listening to albums is pointless because you can just listen to individual tracks instead is missing the point of an album as a concept. I know comparing it to literature isn't the best analogy but it's a shitty argument to begin with so it's hard to come up with a better equivalent.

>you're just old
I hate to see Fantano go in that DJ Akademiks realm where he spends more time spilling out his bullshit opinions and laughing at stupid articles than actually listening to and crafting good reviews.
I hate to see him waste time on an average rap project instead of seeking out for a good album that his fans could actually listen to and support.
That's not being old, I just want better content from him because I know he has the potential to deliver it.
Whatever, it was bound to happen, the ride was fun while it lasted.
That was a really good segment.

All generations have good and bad music. You should try this cool new thing called Google, Grandpa, you can search the entire internet!

this but unironically

We're talking about fantano specifically you fucking retard

>a good album has some sort of flow to it
Sure, but that doesn't justify the bad parts of an album. And most albums don't have a "track flows from one to the next".

>tone
>song structure
>style
Have nothing to do with being in the album format and are inherent decisions of the artist.

Like yeah albums are affected by all these things you mentioned, but that doesn't make it the be all end all of music formats. If anything, a bunch of those are things the artist is forced to accommodate to as they are forced to work with the album format.

The album culture is dumb as fuck, too. Sonemic has been fantastic with this as you can see so many albums whose track rating avg don't align with the entire album's.

It creates an arbitrary form of gatekeeping among music fans which ends up giving too much credit to some artists for something and not enough credit to others.

See Dementia is a bitch I bet

wow you chose to fellate the two dipshits whose dicks have been ground to a nub from incessant dick riding everyone and their mothers hands out on a daily basis

remain in light is absolutely atrocious. Oh its like afrobeat if it was made in some gay liberal arts women studies college and shitty in every way

youtube.com/watch?v=YzE744_IGTA

maybe if you didn't suck off whoever the popular kids on mu told you to you wouldn't be such l0s3r

Yea so as I said, Fantano reviews the shittiest of all contemporary music and you act as if it's the defining music of a generation. KIll yourself

>Powerviolence is what hipsters who have horrible vocals and are scared to get offensive call the Grindcore they release.

lol no. Listen to Charles Bronson. That band made it their job to irritate everyone in the most juvenile way possible and are the poster-children for powerviolence.

What the fuck are you talking about man, are you alright? Calm down buddy