Midwest emo is the best form of alternative rock

Midwest emo is the best form of alternative rock.
Pic related is the best Midwest emo album.

Try again

Idk, I feel like other subgenres hit more bases.
I think lofi indie from the 90s, borderline shoegaze/noise rock, like Archers of Loaf, Modest Mouse, Pavement, and Sparklehorse, have the best mixture of emotion in the vocals, lyrics, and instrumentation, instead of just in the vocals and then pop punk chords.
It makes the lyrics feel less cheesy too.

I didn't like TBLA though either.
Some of it's better than others, but I'm also really not a big fan of much of emo revival besides Snowing, Brave Bird, and a few others.

>midwest emo
>they're from new hampshire

This album peaks early. Self titled is more consistently good to me.
No one in the Sandown area even knows who they are, which is strange.

This meme needs to die, brand new are shit

there literally from the north east, although it is the best emo album

Brand New is great, Jimmy Eat World is who doesn't belong on there.
Only two good songs on that album, the opener and the closer. Rest is "Hey hope you're ready for us to go pop punk next album"

>there are people on my board right now who are too retarded to realize that HIFTBSO is better than Dairy
get out

Idiots. This is the Emo Triforce, like in Legend of Zelda. It's supposed to represent the Triforce of Power (Din), Triforce of Wisdom (Nayru), and the Triforce of Courage (Farore), with the most acclaimed Emo albums.
Diary - Emotional Power
Americ anFootball - Emotional Wisdom
Clarity - Emotional Courage
The Devil and God - All three aspects of the Triforce.

tried listening to this and turned it off after a minute. what do you like so much about it?

I thought the Midwest part of the genre name had to do more with the origin of the genre rather than every band that made that style of music?

It’s very emotive and unpredictable. There’s a lot of variety between each of the tracks and the drums are fucking great

HIFTBSO > LP2 > Diary > The Fire Theft > The Rising Tide

i'll give it an honest try. the vocals were just so grating, was expecting something more uh somber i guess.

>Lucky Denver Mint
>Clarity
>Just Watch the Fireworks
>12.23.95
>For Me This Is Heaven

How can you not like these tracks? Some of the best hooks ever written in my opinion, and 12.23.95 is pretty far removed from pop punk (electronic drum beats and synths)

archers of loaf are basically posthardcore which is basically emo tbqf

I've talked to Adam (frontman of BLA) on instagram and he's pretty nice. I sent him some posters for him to sign + 50 promotional me in capris posters and he never got back to me :(

people telling me there is a best midwest emo album is like telling me their feelings matter more than other peoples and its pretty stupid.

Nah. They are emo, but it's the "rectangle isn't a square but a square is a rectangle" scenario. Emo bands can also be post-hardcore but post-hardcore bands aren't necessarily emo.

So he just never mailed your stuff back? How did you get in contact with him anyway?

Actually.

His insta is sigourneydreamweaver. It took him like a month for him to accept my follow and another month to get back to me. He did thank me for the posters tho.

I'd feel rude bugging him to send the posters back to me because I'm a huge huge fan.

Fuck off that album is terrible
Those are so awesome I’d love to cop one of them. Wouldn’t hurt to give him another message I think, though.

And i told you its a shit meme for weeb faggots.

Zelda games suck

>Legend of Zelda
>weeb
Retard.

Jimmy eat world might have turn to shit, but clarity is a great album. Brand new is “”””post hardcore”””” for pop punk fans

>zelda
>not from japan

Fucking retard

>widely successful and critically acclaimed both in the Americas and Japan as opposed to being a niche video game franchise for true anime fans
Retard.

Whatever weeb

this is the BEST midwest emo album
desu i think Rising Tide is underrated, Snibe and Disappear especially are absolutely great

You gotta get used to the singing style for sure. After you get past that, you will learn to appreciate or even crave this style

You've never listened to Brand New, after Deja Entendu I feel like.
They started pulling heavy influence from their original influences like Archers of Loaf, Modest Mouse, and The Jesus Lizard, they were never trying to be post hardcore, but were open to abrasiveness.

Clarity has lots of great songs but I don't really like it as an album