In a world of CGI and special effects...

In a world of CGI and special effects, why do Hollywood directors still make young actors smoke real cigarettes knowing they'll get hooked for life, which will cause their bodies to go bad early and die?

Other urls found in this thread:

everydayhealth.com/stop-smoking/herbal-and-natural-cigarettes.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I don't know what herb (not weed) cigarrettes are

Come on, OP

>being this retarded

they're herbal cigarrettes to comply with osha standards and apparently they taste like shit

>thinking herbal cigarettes are healthy
everydayhealth.com/stop-smoking/herbal-and-natural-cigarettes.aspx

I've smoked about 30 cigarettes over the past year and I ain't addicted yet. Only when I'm drunk or offered one and even then I turn them down half the time. I get the impression cigarettes are like alcohol, you have to work yourself over the initial hump to really start enjoying them. As it is now I get a little light headed and have to take a dump.

Start drinking by yourself every night and you'll like them in no time.

Meh, I already do that plenty and that only makes me crave more booze. As it stands I'm strictly a social smoker. Actually got a job tomorrow with a bunch of people I don't know so I'm gonna grab a pack to keep around in case any go on a smoke break. Good ice breaker.

No, the hump is much smaller. I was like you for a few years and then I started smoking properly for like half a year. Quitting that even after just half a year was very hard. Meanwhile, I've been drinking forever and I'm not addicted at all. If I feel like I'm getting too fat from all the booze, I just stop drinking and I feel no urge to do it.

This. Nicotine is a real subtle bitch. Suddenly you'll find yourself just wanting a cig when you're drunk. Next you'll buy a pack "just for convenience". Then you'll think you really need a little stick to help you wake up with your coffee. And suddenly you've picked up smoking.

Aside from pic-related, are there any famous people who have never drank alchohol, smoked a cigarette or marijuana?

Nah, some people just don't have the addiction gene for nicotine.

>Good ice breaker.
what're you tryna do, fuck em?

Not trying to be a jeark, but why would you do that shit to yourself just to make friends? You know there are many other ways to do that right?

How is this movie? I like Annette Benning.

Googled. Trashman has smoked.

>It's a "smoking is the worst thing in the world" episode
Makes me instantly drop a show.

This

although has a point too

it's like coke, you can get a bad habit and fall easily into doing itoo much but when you really want to stop you can, unless you've got the addicts in you

It's a way to make high quality fetish content for their personal use without normies ever catching on, unlike the footfag stuff which is always obvious.

>not taking any opportunity to kill yourself as fast as possible without making it obvious

I only really do it socially but I think its stupid theres such a stigma against it. As long as you're doing it away from people who don't want to be near it you're only harming yourself.

Pure nicotine is less addictive than caffeine unless you mix it with the other drugs (MAOIs) in tobacco.

Tobacco addiction is a meme, I used to smoke max 1 cig per day over the past 2 years, then stopped completely for a couple of months, I currently smoke like 1 cig per week

Putin doesn't drink. Probably doesn't smoke either.

you won't get hooked on smoking 1 cig a day champ, sorry to break it to you

I used to smoke up to three and more in highschool, no addiction whatsoever

Coffee on the other hand is much more addictive

Nicotine affects people differently. Not everyone will go on to form a dependency from light smoking, and yes, 3 cigarettes per day is very light.

>Not fucking your coworkers
How the hell else are you going to gain their trust?

They don't inhale.

I'm emotionally addicted to weed.

>smoke 1 cigarette and you're permanently addicted
That's not how cigarettes work. I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for an entire and haven't smoked in 5 years and zero cravings

Inhaling and just keeping it in your mouth look very different when you go to breathe it out, so most of the time they do inhale to keep the effect. Not to say they're real though.

>which will cause their bodies to go bad early
This is my favourite part of OP's tard post

>That's not how cigarettes work. I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for an entire and haven't smoked in 5 years and zero cravings
>I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for an entire and haven't smoked in 5 years and zero cravings
>I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for an entire and haven't smoked in 5 years
>I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for an entire

Learn to fucking type you retarded dick loving faggot

>most of hollywood already smokes, point is moot

Ye then why can't I see smoke anytime a character lights a cigarette. Smoking a one cigarette makes indoors makes room pretty cloudy

If everyone quits smoking scientists won't have a reason to find medical treatments to nullify the damaging affects from smoking, so fuck you OP and anyone not seeing the bigger picture.

You believe trump never did those things? U dumb

Trumps brother died of alcholism, that's why he doesn't drink.

>tfw started social smoking at 21
>35 now
>never got addicted
Even when I went on a 4 month tear in which I was going to bars 5 - 6 nights a week and smoking after every drink it still never took. I ended up following that up with a solid 4 months in which I didn't have a single cigarette, nor did I ever crave one during that time.

realism and to save money, they probably tell the child actors "it's actually quite common for children your age in afghanistan to smoke cigarettes etc etc"

>bigger picture
YOUR bigger picture

>Drink 2 beers a day, nobody bats a fucking eye
>Smoke 2 cigs a day, everybody you know looks down on you and criticizes you harshly and frequently

Welp

Do you honestly think people wouldnt notice the difference between a real cig and a CGI one? It'd be so easy to spot it would ruin immersion

fuck them anyway, if they got hooked they have enough money for the best private healthcare

Really depends on what country you live in.

>Eat 2 big macs, a 20 piece mcnugget, a supersize fry, and big gulp per day, nobody bats a fucking eye
>Smoke 2 cigs a day, everybody you know looks at you in disgust

I went to the pub with a group of people the other day where only 1 guy didn't smoke. Was great to not have to do any of that shit.

What a droopy and smug expression

This is the type of woman it's okay to hit

Iktf

This is why I always park at an empty church parking lot on my lunch break.

But he's done a shitton of coke

One is most likely a habit, another is mostly likely an addiction. People don't want you to be addicted but they don't give a shit if you choose to live an unhealthy life, as long as it's you making the call, not your addiction

>when you really want to stop you can
Tried to quit 3 times, each time felt like shit and was depressed for like a month. Finally just got through that depression and it got better. Not easy to stop if you're addicted. I guess some people don't get addicted, but most do.

Thank God I live in a corrupt Yuropean shithole

Hitler and Mussolini

Actually Mussolini probably used to drink wine since he was italian

If you were truly intelligent you'd understand why it makes more sense. The best way to conqueror a problem is to defeat it head on, instead of hiding from it. If we're not evolving fast enough to master challenges, then it is up to science to push forward that evolution. Don't worry, remain confused as to the superior focus of such an objective.
If history had given into your way of thinking we'd still be living in caves.

do you really think it would be easy and cheap to make a believable puff of smoke come out of someones mouth?

Yea in Europe no one gives a shit. It's still like a 1950s movie over there. I'm looking at you France, Italy and a bit lesser Germany.

In Italy you could still smoke inside public buildings only a dozen of years ago

Im italian and i dont drink wine seriously its disgusting. Just the tought of people using their disgusting dirty feet to step on grapes makes me want to puke.

Frenchfag, can confirm. I started at 14 or 15, will be 24 this year. Some of my friends started even earlier

Get the fuck out of my country

Hitler only had injections of methamphetamine which is way better

>underage

t. 14 year old autist

stay mad faggots and keep on drinkin your gross foot juice

based Serbia

lol @ one cig a day

Why?

>triggered marios

lmFAO

t. piss drinker