MF DOOM THREAD

What's Sup Forums's opinion on MF DOOM? Best album? Best song? Is he really as godly as everyone makes him our to be? When do you think his next solo album is coming, if ever?

Mm.. Food > The Mask and the Mouse > Take Me To Your Leader > Madvilliany

Prettygud/10

he hasnt made a good record since madvillain, and ive played out most of his music but hes still one of my favorite rappers ever.

operation doomsday>madvillain>viktor vaughn>mm food

he's a bit of a cunt and won't release doomstarks for some reason

Madvilliany is really at the bottom of your list? It is an easy 1st or 2nd for me. Only thing that could really beat it is Mm.. Food

He's incredible and lately has been dealing with a lot of personal turmoil but he'll be back. His son died recently

I like it more than operation doomsday, vaudeville villain, and the rest, so it isn't at the bottom, bottom, it's just the bottom of my favorites.

>. His son died recently
fuck, this depresses me greatly. MF DOOM had such a hard life. His brother died early on in his career, and then his 14 year old son died.

I know this is a stereotype but I genuinely love MF Doom despite hating most Hip-Hop.

I'm the same way and don't care about any "stereotype." MF DOOM transcends hip-hop, that's why we like him.

>What's Sup Forums's opinion on MF DOOM?
Idc, my opinion is he's the best rapper ever, and the only one I still listen to even though I'm not into rap.
>Best album?
Pretty damn near impossible to say, since they're all widely different as he's been putting them out under different pseudonyms. Madvillainy IS the masterpiece it's claimed to be, though.
>Is he really as godly as everyone makes him our to be?
Probably even more so.
>When do you think his next solo album is coming, if ever?
I'm not up to date with his release schedule, but soon, hopefully.

I sorta agree, his colab albums don't really have me that excited, like the teased Czarface Meets Metalface, or whatever it is called. For me, Doom has such a unique flow and style that doing a full colab album with someone is almost a disservice to him as an individual. Wish we'd hear something about a solo album down the pipe but afaik there hasn't been any talk about one.

Yeah makes me damn sad. Crazy to think about the rappers who make millions rapping about nothing, and then a guy like MF who genuinely came from nothing and went through so much hardship. I respect the fuck out of him

He also no longer allowed to live in America so he can't return home.

The whole story is total bullshit, but DOOM should probably have been wiser. He lived in USA for such a long time he should have just gone through the naturalization process when he had a chance. Also, I read that there were probably drug charges against him, which is why he wasn't let back into the USA. I wonder how much he even got to see of his son in the last few years considering they lived in different countries.

Wait he isn't allowed to live in the US? How come? Ive never heard that before.

Because he doesn't have American citizenship as he was born in the UK but moved to the US as a child. Legally he's British.

madvillainy is a strong fucking 10
not a single track fails to make me smile
especially rhinestone cowboy

>The Mask and the Mouse

Doritos, fritos, and cheetos.

in all quad flavors

Yeah he's a brit I believe. Which may explain why he had such out-of-left-field syncopations and pronunciation. He's truly a legend

>transcends hip hop
Whitest thing I've ever read

ITT white kids who only like "real hip hop"

He hasn't been good in over a decade

This. He should retire

Regardless of how his career has been as of late, his imprint in undeniable. We'll see 10 Kendrick Lamars before we see another DOOM.