/nba/ general - SPORT OF THE FUTURE edition

CHI: Nikola Mirotic agrees to two-year deal w/ CHI
PHO: Alex Len signs $4.2M qualifying offer
NY:T im Hardaway Jr. could play some PG?
WAS: Update: Trey Burke not signing with Thunder
NY: Knicks trade Carmelo Anthony to OKC
NY: Report: Knicks hope to trade Melo by Monday
NY: ESPN: OKC on Melo's list for possible trade
PHX: Grizzlies trade Troy Daniels to the Suns
MIL: Gerald Green agrees to deal with the Bucks
WAS: Markieff Morris (hernia) to miss 6-8 weeks
PHI: Kris Humphries planning to sign with 76ers
POR: Lillard would like to see Swanigan win ROY

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/912052666477420544
youtube.com/watch?v=fdKBzE77p-8
youtu.be/06yOk2WfnO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

GSW>SPURS>OKC>ROCKETS

Seattle is rightful /hoc/ clay. No NBA team will ever set foot there again

mobile.twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/912052666477420544

LMFAO KD IS SHOOK

Look at how high he his wtf

>jumping high
>makes shots

alpha as fuck lmao /nba/ BTFO

HHAHAAHAHHAHHAHHA

YOU CAN SEE THE SALT ON HIS FACE

8 playoff teams in the East (no order): Celtics, Cavs, Bucks, Raptors, Wizards, Sixers, Hornets, Heat. Agree or Disagree?

>Sixers

Have NBA players ever sat for the National Anthem?

can't wait for the season to start so the Cavs can all sit during the anthem

#notmypresident

I still can't believe that organizations can form big 3s like the Thunder or create teams like the Rockets, or T Wolves, but they still aren't good enough to get out of their own conference. Meanwhile, the East is the weakest it's ever been in decades. The talent disparity is egregious. It just makes me sad to think some players might not ever win a championship because of one snake's decision baka.

We know GS, OKC, Wolves, Spurs, and Rockets making the playoffs. What will be the 3 other teams?

So does Steph's irresponsible actions yesterday make KD the undisputed leader of the Warriors now?

that's why it's retarded when lebron dick riders spout off about finals appearances.

>da least
>muh finals appearances from the worst conference ever

I-is this a god dream? .....

Can't wait to see the rockets play

NBA won't allow it.

you're not suppose to but if his shots land then ok i guess

Blazers, Grizzlies, Nuggets. Clippers will beat out the Nuggets if they can stay healthy but that's obv doubtful

Having PG, Melo, and Westbrook on the same time doesn't make them good.
I actually don't think they're looking good.
Their bench players are still shit. Westbrook only had a high efficiency rating because of all the shots he took. Now that you add 2 more players who are ball dependent, it should be interesting to see how OKC's offense changes.
With that being said, I still think they're still beneath GSW, Rockets, and Spurs.

The new arena will house both, so it is written, so shall it be done, amen.

>you're not suppose to but if his shots land then ok i guess
who says its not supposed to be like that? Jordan had it like that

Clippers, Grizz, and Nuggest

Random fact : John Wall averages 48.5 3P% when facing Damian Lillard

Who cares.

>Westbrook only had a high efficiency rating because of all the shots he took
He actually had low shooting efficiency due to all the shots he took. His rebounds and assists are what made him elite last season. Westbrook is at his most efficient, scoring-wise, on superteams like Team USA where he can just focus on a couple things at once.

Westbrook did fine sharing with Durant. PG and Melo are at their best playing off-ball anyway. The bench is fine, and they can stagger minutes anyway. The same could be said about Harden's efficiency and it will take a dive from sharing touches with Chris Paul. San Antonio didn't improve at all in the offseason.

That's why it's random, just Scroll down

PG HAS SPOKEN

LAKERS FAGGOTS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Who /Hawks/ here?

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOK

Who will average the most points in OKC?

Michael Jordan, the greatest scorer ever, says high. You're a scrub casual.

>choker
>ballhog
>declining super-star
kek
You're also still stuck with hack-a-roberson and a bunch of literal whos

We on than Krispy and Creme we on that Krispy and Creme, this is a God dream, this is everything...

Shut the fuck up you dumb fucking cuck

SEETHING

Patrick Patterson szn

Are the timberwolves Underrated as a team?

they need to be relocated.

LMAO lakers fans on suicide watch

calm down there kid

They're the real deal for sure. They might upset the Rockets or Spurs for that 4 seed

Overrated, no three point shooters, spacing looks to be Bulls tier. Different from OKC who added great catch and shoot players. Butler isn't a spot up shooter, neither is Wiggins. They're going to have more issues starting the season and finding chemistry than any other newly formed superteam in the West. Might not make the top 5 at the end of the year.

They have zero depth, people just look at their starting unit and think they're good.

>people just look at their starting unit and think they're good.

this, so far their youth movement gave no star talent as a result, unless you consider KAT elite, the traded dunn and lavine. And wiggins is a volume chucker who wants a max, like all the other high volume chuckers.

mix that with a bulls team and you got nerds saying they're going to the playoffs.

I fucked up. LaVar uninvited me from BBB

properly rated. maybe overrated

Other than the top 3 teams in the NBA who really has depth?

Melo will wear the number 7 with the Thunder and he's officially landed in OKC from his airplane flight, there's video on Twitter.

Jimmy Butler doesn’t need to be a spot-up shooter, he can create offense for himself and his teammates.

So Westbrook is the biggest snake in the league right? He didn't just make a personal decision like KD, he actively moved his "friends" away from a team they wanted to play for so that he could play alongside stars. I mean how do you defend that?

Which is better?

A: A player that tries hard and puts in the effort on defense but is just really bad at it and can't get any stops at all

B: A player that doesn't try on defense most of the time but can play amazing defense in key moments when he needs to

>no hat in the reflection
baka

Twolves have complete trash though.
>Tyus Jones (actually alright)
>Jamal Crawford (old, zero D, inefficient chucker)
>Georges-Hunt (literally who?)
>Bjelica (complete trash nowadays)
>Dieng (bust)

Other teams actually have serviceable players in their second unit. Look at OKC, Clippers now, Nuggets.

Which team is goin to be 3rd seed?

Rockets in the West, Wizards in the East

If the season doesn't start by tomorrow i will boycott the nba

B. See Kobr and Westgod. There's usually a reason for B since those players usually are just ascendant athletes who are responsible for everything on their team. Those players saving the defense for key plays at the end will literally win games and give the team and extra gear for the playoffs.

Dieng is actually bretty gud and underrated. Wolves are basically a 6.5 man team with the starting 5, Dieng, and Shabazz.

wolves are trash, they've been trash since the klove days.

But he does if he wants to coexist with Wiggins and vice versa. And when KAT posts up.

Who's on OKC's bench? Who's on the Nuggets bench?

Y'all act like Aaron Brooks, Crawford, Shabazz, and Dieng are garbage bench players

Aaron Brooks is worse than most dleague PGs now.

B.

A is players like Jah, useless and pathetic bust.

>Who's on OKC's bench? Who's on the Nuggets bench?
If you're going to pick teams without depth, go for Houston or the Pels.

>Felton (solid bench PG)
>Abrines (young sharpshooter)
>Grant (young athletic 3)
>PPat (starter quality all-rounder)
>Dakari Johnson (one of the best D-Leaguers last season)

>Nelson/Mudiay (decent for the bench)
>Barton (starter quality)
>Juancho (young sharpshooter)
>Faried (starter quality)
>Plumlee (starter quality)

>The Team USA ties played a significant part in the Thunder’s ability to land the 10-time All-Star, as Westbrook played alongside Anthony during the gold medal run in the 2012 Olympics in London and George was his teammate during the 2016 Rio Olympics in which they also won gold.

>“Well Russ and Melo, they've had a relationship far longer and way before me and Melo had a relationship,” George said. “Those two have been on USA teams, and then when I got the chance to play with Melo on the USA team. I expressed (and) he expressed how much we wanted to play alongside each other in an NBA uniform. And then when we both were presented this opportunity this summer, and knowing Melo wanted to opt out and wanted to move on, we've connected. We talked, and he expressed again - 'Hey, I would love to come join you guys and be a part of what you guys have got going there.' And then from there, it's a no-brainer. We run with it, and it came to life.”

Ban NBA players from going to the Olympics, NOW

>Mudiay
lel nuggets spent a 1st rounder on this bust

5ppg for someone playing 13 minutes isn't horrible. I had this debate with someone yesterday... Iggy and Livingston each average 5 and 7 (12ppg total)

>Ban NBA players from going to the Olympics, NOW
why? if golden state does it its okay though, fuck you.

Iguodala does a lot more shit than that though. He's like LeBron but a lot worse

Iggy and Livingston shoot more than 40% and have a better A/TO ratio than 1:1 and play defense and rebound. Brooks is fucking awful, contributes nothing, and should retire.

I'm not sure about PG13 but Melo has wanted out of New York for a while now.

Not my point. He pushed Kanter and Oladipo out, who he called "family" in his MVP speech

>For George, who spent his first seven NBA seasons with the Pacers and was routinely open about his frustration with their inability to surround him with star talent, this is a welcome change of pace.

>“I'm real excited,” he said. “It just goes to show how a small market can stay aggressive in the trade place, and can really do whatever it needs to do for the players' sake to give them the best chance to win, man. It's pretty impressive that Oklahoma has now three superstars, and gave this state a legitimate chance to win a championship.

>“The most beautiful thing about it is (that) this organization (lets) all their players know what's going on. There's nothing under the table. There's nothing hidden since I've been here so far. So I was aware of what was going on. I was extremely happy. I was pushing for this opportunity to play with (Anthony).I'm extremely happy…The first year I get here, we already have three superstars on the team. It just goes to show what's possible with different organizations.”

Pacers BTFO.

No he didn't, that's the front office and you act like you can't be friends with people after they get traded. You're mentally ill.

Paul George just BTFO of your fanfiction garbage >The most beautiful thing about it is (that) this organization (lets) all their players know what's going on. There's nothing under the table. There's nothing hidden since I've been here so far. So I was aware of what was going on. I was extremely happy. I was pushing for this opportunity to play with (Anthony)

He's New Zoloft the mentally ill retard

Isn't Doug McDermott already better than Melo? Throwing in Kanter and a pick seems redundant.

Westbrook recruited Melo; He knew trades would be made
youtube.com/watch?v=fdKBzE77p-8
Kanter didn't find out he was traded until his periscope told him lmao

So does this mean Westbrick is signing an extension?

Kanter tweeted a thinking emoji before he was traded and knew about the Melo trade rumors where his name was included. You're a retard of the highest order.

youtu.be/06yOk2WfnO4

Yeah cause that means he knows right? You can see the hurt in his eyes; the betrayal from his ""brother""

Wasn't Kanter like the number one pick a while back? He has to be good, right?

so while kanter was posting all this shit online about being a brotherhood and everyone being like family to him, Russ and PG were collaborating all along to get him traded?

lmao

What did he mean by this?

Keep in mind teams played on. Like I said yesterday, you won't find too many bench players putting up Lou Williams or Eric Gordon type numbers or else they'll be starting. Brooks might be trash but he's still a good backup at least

Are there any kneelers in the NBA?

Brotherhood doesn't end when you're traded, that's a personal bond, you're conflating familiarity and friendship with some pledge to never seperate when these things are completely out of the players hands and controlled by executives who work for owners. The NBA is a business and Kanter acknowledged this in his goodbye video. All the players knew they were trying to get Melo according to the quote.

thanks to trumps shitposting and the media coverage it is now a meme and the nba will be participating

I'd say Brooks is in the bottom 10% of bench players in the league.

IT'S OVER

Odds that POTUS will call Lebron James the n-word?

Thanks media.
Trump is posting 5 million shitposts a day, but 'ya just had to pick this up

When you have 3 stars, especially at least 2 wings, bench depth no longer matters as much due to small ball and their versatility.

Timberwolves just need to stagger Wiggins and Butler, who're already redundant, and put the ball in their hands to lead the offense. You only ever see the complete starting 5 during the beginning of the game most of the time anyways.
Most of the time a different lineup closes out games and throughout the majority of the game a different mashup of lineups play in a cycle to keep their stars as fresh as possible.

This outdated talk about depth is nonsense, none of you retards have learned anything from watching how the league has evolved last year and the year before.

>Wiggins
>Good