Oil is, someday going to end, which resource will make cars and most oil-dependent vehicles work...

Oil is, someday going to end, which resource will make cars and most oil-dependent vehicles work? or will be the electricity?

Other urls found in this thread:

history.state.gov/milestones/1937-1945/american-isolationism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oil will not end in this century by my intellectual guesses.
Electric cars will take over though and electricity will either be Nuclear/Solar and maybe Fusion energy could work.

oil is way more abundant than you think. it will last at least 100-150 more years.
>powering industrial vehicles like airplanes, trucks, and boats with electricity
don't make me kek

Electric engines can be a lot more powerful than oil powered engines, the problem is batteries of course
Density of energy per mass is very low in them
Fossil fuels can store a lot of energy per mass

I think we should work towards phasing fossil fuels out for the long term but we will all be dead by the time it runs out
I would prefer nuclear energy but that's probably not gonna happen

cooking oil can serve as fuel for diesel engines
you do need a tiny splash of some pain thinner or something like that
Or just start burning trash instead of coal, since coal and oil are like a brother and sister.
Maybe people will be forced to grow the most oil rich plant to make plant oil to refine it for fuel.
Fucking green wars are next

Oil doesn't end. It's used in too many products and is far too cheap to replace synthetically. Cars and trucks may stop but ships and jets need something.
Isobutanol is a possible substitute though it's expensive today.

I had read that a gallon of gasoline is the equivalent of 500 man hours of labour and a barrel over 2.6 years.
Everything we know relies on this cheap and powerful energy source

Regarding transportation:
The shift from gasoline and diesel cars to electric cars will constrain the price of oil. Oil consumption may rise temporarily in poor countries as they buy old cheap clunkers from the global north. Also, those car manufacturers that don't make a successful switch to electric cars will then have to sell their wares in the global south.
As for heavy transportation, electric trucks charged from hanging wires are being tested as we speak. Some transportation will of course remain based on gasoline or diesel, but most of them will move to electric over the next 50 years.

Plastics:
Plant-based plastics are still bubbling under. Some petroleum-based production will be replaced, depending on how expensive oil is. The more expensive oil is, the bigger the impetus for switching the source.

Can't wait for oil to end and all the uppity Ayrabs to be put back in their proper places again.

certainly electricity will be used as the main fuel for mechanical power and we need to improve batteries or the technology as we know (example batteries from radioactive waste)

That would just cause the collapse of your country not theirs, Tyrone.

>collapse
nice meme.

[2]
Hope Oman do alright though, that's an alright country

>he doesn't know his whole survival depends directly on the petrodollar
>he doesn't know that the only reason his country is a superpower because of Saudi oil
Do you think yall niggas invaded iraq for shits and giggles? my nigga.. you's crazy as a mothafucka

>my nigga.. you's crazy as a mothafucka
for fuck's sake talk like a normal person

That's why Saudi is going to sell Aramco for $2T on the NYSE so America can payout the oil economy.

The petrodollar is only one of the reasons why the US is a superpower

ay b, don't be tryna tale me how to talk. ight? dumb ass uglee ass corny ass hairy ass small dick ass flat ass n chest ass white boy
i be flexin on AAALL yall cheesy ass niggas and that's on my momma, deadass b

this

Then how the hell were we a superpower long before Saudi Oil was relevant?

The other reasons being Joining wars when they're almost over and Acting like the world police ?

You weren't, America was isolationist prior to the war. WW2 changed all that as America exited the war relatively unscathed and was able to capitalize on its immense manufacturing infrastructure and economics that had built up over the war propelling it into a superpower both militarily and economically.

We were already an economic superpower before WW2.
Not to mention we didn't rely on Saudi Oil during a large portion of the Cold War, especially during the Yom-Kippur war where there was an embargo, yet we were a superpower during that time. And even now

Also the argument we rely on it is bullshit as well, considering nearly 50% comes from Canada

>You weren't, America was isolationist prior to the war
This is the dumbest misconception ever. Prior to WW2, America was an aggressively expansionist country that had swallowed up an entire continent. We were constantly starting wars and interfering in foreign politics, mostly in Latin America earlier on, but towards the end of the 19th century we were the strongest foreign power in Asia. America basically dictated the Open Door policy on China and all European powers who had been interested in China. American leadership dictated how the aftermaths of WW1 was going to unfold. Just a few examples of American "isolationism" among many.

>We were already an economic superpower before WW2.
A superpower is a country with the ability to project its military might around the whole world.
"economic superpower" makes no sense

>collapse of your country
The US is energy-independent. We don't need Arab oil. The Chinks, the Gooks, and the Nips are the ones dependent on mideast oil now.

It was, starting wars does not change this. E
history.state.gov/milestones/1937-1945/american-isolationism

Not like after the war. American businesses reign supreme.

You are confused. Yes, there was an isolationist movement in the 1930s. No, this doesn't mean the entire country was isolationist prior to WW2. In fact, it implies the opposite. Why would there be a movement of people opposing foreign intervention if the country wasn't interventionist?
Read the article before you post it, retard.

The US avoided taking a leading role and messing in others affairs. You were unable to joining WW2 though your president wanted to until the attack on Pearl Harbour.
Under Trump, you are again stepping back from world affairs and instead the world is looking to China to fill the vaccuum.

>muh petrodollars
You know we literally can't sell bonds fast enough. There's huge capital flight to the US already.

>chingchong nipnog chongchong