Why didn't the Baudelaires just tell her, a literal judge at court...

Why didn't the Baudelaires just tell her, a literal judge at court, that Count Olaf was abusing them and that the way Poe described their parents will made no goddamn sense?

Was this ever explained in the books?

Coming from someone who just watched the show but never touched the books...
you need to ignore the real life procedures in these situations. if not you'll continually find things and be disappointed.

I agree, I read the books as a child and suspension of disbelief is key. Still, this is such a huge plot hole that I'm sure the author at least explained it somehow. IIrc in the books they tried to tell her but she was apathetic and didn't believe them.

On ep3, is this show as dark as the movie? It seems too light hearted despite everyone but the kids being a really shitty person.

not surprising that the books would do more to cover loose ends than the show. i can't count how many times i found myself wondering why the hell the children don't seem to have the capacity to use a phone or find a cop.
i suppose it could have been mitigated a bit in olaf's place by showing he had them on a tighter leash...

frustrations like this made me drop the show t b h

if you can get past it it's not a terrible show.
The formula gets a little old on a binge watch, and some characters i found to be just shit actors, and the cgi was a little much, but...
wait i don't know if i should be defending this.

I thought she was just so bewildered with the fact she was going to be on the stage, her childhood dream was finally becoming a reality.

The actress was really good though, the thing that annoyed me the most was Poe and his constant fuck ups.

Also, I am aware that the parents were not actually the Baudelares parents, but in fact some other families, but Klaus had mentioned before with the picture that his parents were in the photo, so who the fuck were his parents? Anyone got a picture or remember what episode we get a good look at the photo?

The movie being too dark is where it fell flat and became bland as shit. The books rely on humor and wit, not darkness. Which is why this show is already much better than the movie.

I haven't laughed once. When does it get funny? Anyways, is the show dark at all?

If you don't find things like an old man forcing a 14 year old girl to marry him by threatening to murder her siblings to be "dark", then I don't think this show is for you.

how do you define dark? people do die if that's what you're looking for.

Heck yeah, my man... heck yeah.

How autistic are you?

not an argument

There were 2 couples right next to each other when it zoomed in, my copy was shit quality so you couldn't really make them out.

The whole point of the series is that the adults are always completely incompetent and the kids can only rely on each other.

Imagine that they're living in a world where the average IQ is 50, Olaf the mastermind is at 70, and the kids themselves are at 100.

I'm curious about this too.
Also, I just gained an appreciation for the piano photograph in Montgomery's place.

The formula also changes past book 7, which i assume will be the end of the next season.

I guess it's important to see this for what it is: a fantasy for children. Adults being incompetent is the most popular trope in children's literature after all.

That's good to hear. I'll hang around for another season or two anyways for sure. I still find the show entertaining enough.

she's a woman, she's useless, even the author, a liberal kike. just because he's old actually is slightly more redpilled than the average tv writer