Lions once got 27 yards down the field in 7 seconds to get a play off and wound up winning that game

Lions once got 27 yards down the field in 7 seconds to get a play off and wound up winning that game.

Food for thought.

twitter.com/Lions/status/912074374773080069

Not even the first time they did it.

>RILEEEEEEEEEEEY

Lions are legitimately the best team in the NFC and should be 3-0 right now.

The greater issue is that if the refs had not called the play incorrectly on the field, the Lions would have had time for one, possibly two more plays.

The Lions were penalized because the refs did not perform their duty correctly; that not only unduly impacted the game, but literally decided it. A team should not be deprived of its chance to compete because of the incompetency of the mediators.

It literally takes 12 seconds to get the snap off here you imbecile

With them running down field and a lineman lagging behind for several extra seconds.

This was at the 1 yard line where everybody already was.

Such a great memory, even if Riley ended up being a useless shit down the stretch. Stafford going absolutely insane because that fat fuck is waddling down the field is one of my fondest Lions memories.

Before this game, I though I'd be happy if they could even compete, considering the injuries accumulated in the first two weeks. With Jarrad Davis in play, the Falcons would have been smothered; Devontae Freeman wouldn't have been able to rip free on every other play.

The shock and fury after having the refs literally overturn the result of the game has worn off (mostly), and I'm mostly happy with the performance. There's a lot of room to improve, but that tells me that one all the deficiencies of this game are reviewed and resolved, the team will be in that much better shape, and more capable to take on the best teams in the league.

Goddamn but if Ebron didn't make all those drops.

>penalty goes the way of my team
thats just the way it goes, don't have a close enough score to put your game in the hands of the refs
>penalty goes the way of the other team
WHAT THE FUCK MAN FUCK THESE REFS REEEEEEEEE

We need robot umps

If they take this and build on it, I'll be happy, but I get a feeling they may just start Lionsing it up.

Oh well. At least GB is getting paddled by Cinci.

yeah about that.....

This happens multiple times a season. Hell something similar happened in 2015 when the Lions played the Seahawks and the Seahawks illegally batted a Calvin Johnson fumble out of the end zone. The refs literally admitted to fucking up after the game was over

I'm glad that cocksucker isn't at UGA anymore. Caused me some heartache back in the day.

>implying the loins don't have the biggest history of being fucked by the refs
DETROIT VS EVERYBODY

Checked

>We wuz cheated!
>Even though the guy did not get the football in
>Even though the rules about the ten-second runoff were followed fairly
>Even though the Lions were only that close to the end zone to begin with because the referees marched them down the field

what is actually the reason behind this 10 sec runoff the clock? was there some abuse of it in the past?

>possibly two more plays.

It was fourth and goal.

The clock keeps running on any play that doesn't end in an incompletion, out of bounds, or touchdown/field goal.

kind of a dubious call then. 1 yard of the goalline, 12 sec to go, play ended up being 0.25/0.5 yard short, it wouldnt be hard to hurry up a qb sneak if it wouldve been immediately called short.
neither a falcon or lion fan(or any of their div rivals) but that game shouldnt have ended that way. seems like a very unfair loss to me

>falcons have three ints (two of which were extremely unlucky) and win on the road
>lions are definitely the best team in the nfc!

being a lions fan is eternal hell dutchfriend

I don't even like the NFL much anymore because of these repeated occurrences and the Lions being generally shit over their entire existence.

I genuinely think the refs hate you.

>REEEE WE GOT FUCKED BY THE REFS
>refs called the spot correctly, called the rule correctly as well

Here's an idea, run the fucking ball in on the goal line instead of going for a pass 4 times in a row

Why give yourself 4 chances for the end zone when you can give yourself just two? Idiots

Some people are just unlucky

there were 8 seconds by the time the play was dead

yes they could have gotten it off in 8 seconds, but the point of the rule is to not give a team an extra time out when they've run out, hence why when that shit usually happens the ref's call ends with "Team X has elected to take a time out to avoid the 10 second runoff"

no matter how much time the rule calls for someone's going to complain it's too short
or someone's going to complain it's too long

And I mean there was plenty of badly called shit going the otherway be it the bullshit holding call that erased the game ending interception or the bullshit PI call that put it on the one on a blatantly uncatchable ball so it's not like the Ref's were just waiting to pounce on the Lions

>Lions crying about the rules in a game against the Falcons
>The Falcons who lost a Superbowl because of stupid overtime rules

Rules are rules. You can say all you want "You shouldn't have let the Patriots come back to tie it" but it doesn't change that rules are rules.

since we're talking about dumb ass rules how the fuck is a 5 yard penalty an automatic first down? It was 2nd and fucking 30