Nightly reminder that TDK is the end all and be all of pure capekino and is one of the best movies ever made...

Nightly reminder that TDK is the end all and be all of pure capekino and is one of the best movies ever made. Zach Snyder couldn't hold a candle to this movie and Marvel is for man children. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

>Even at his most pedestrian or bombastic, Snyder makes a far more engaging film than Christopher Nolan ever did—because Nolan presumes to know and to show, whereas Snyder wants to see. Even his slender philosophical world seems like he’s discovering it, not delivering it.

you're right

Who ever wrote that is either an idiot or a shill.

No, just not all of us had our 12 year old minds blown by the enormously overrated TDK. Ledger was good, that's literally it. A clunky, empty mess otherwise. Snyder is a beautiful visual stylist and gifted action director who shits on bland, self important Nolan.

kill yourself

>idiot
>shill
>kill yourself

The vocabulary of a Nolan fan. Sounds about right.

BvS suffers from the worst of both worlds. It tries on one side to pander to the action oriented marvel fanbase but also attempts (and fails) at trying to be a "film" that really "means something". Synder is not breaking new ground with his messianic super man. Eisenbeg's Luthor was cringe. Dooms day fight was boring and again nothing new.

Calling TDK trilogy, superhero movies feels like an insult. They feel like crime dramas that happen to have Batman characters.

This

Whereas TDK actually meant something

Outside of autistic manchild central BvS is seen for what it is

Yup, I don't even enjoy capeshit but find these films to be brilliant deconstructions/post modern as well as the greatest heist films

kek right?

They hate it on Facebook and Reddit so I do to

As a decent movie. Only feminized men didn't like it because it threatens their identity

I miss when movies could just be good movies and not assembly line filler for expanded universes.

Nolan's movies really made me think and stuck with me for years to come.

Actually did a paper on his themes in my film class last semester, i think it's safe to say you could not do that with Snyder to say the least.

You literally don't get the Nolan trilogy, not to be that guy but its to deep for you.

My the liberal arts college in my town is offering a seminar on the works and themes of Christ Nolan.

You should take it, i though I had a firm understanding on his themes but wound up learning a *lot* about cinema in general.

I deal with normal people on a regular basis
They still talk about how good tDK was

They try to express the emotions it made them feel, they try to talk about the anxieties it laid in their heads, their little faces scrunching up with the effort of thought

The Snyder films inspire comments like "boorrriiinnnggg"

me and my friends still debate the ethics and morals of TDK and almost a decade later it yields fruitful discussions, thus best part is the moral ambiguity and nuance

bump 4 discussion

Batman Returns is a better film in every way. TDK is the best Nolan batman film but this is not a high distinction. The Nolan films are mocked for a reason. They are stilted pseudo intellectual nonsense that overwhelms the average or below average viewer.

>I rate movies based on acting

>nightly

You posted this at 6:34 in the morning.

Never implied that pal. You're doing great.

The only rewatch value it has are Heath's scenes, it's really a shitty movie to rewatch. Shit action, boring story, that beautiful dude from star wars dying, meh.

>TDK is one of the best movies ever made

Jesus, I understand if you know nothing and care nothing about movies, and think this after seeing it at 17, but if you think that under any other circumstances you're a raging manchild fedora pleb.

it's an awful, poorly toned imitation of Heat for teenagers. That's its "end all be all."

It'a the best of the trilogy. Best edited, best cinematography, best acting, best story and etc.

I don't watch many superhero movies; I guess The Avengers was also good for what it was. I think these are the best of the genre.

My Top 5 probably goes like:

The Dark Knight
The Avengers
Watchmen
The Dark Knight Rises
Dick Tracy/Batman vs Superman

HM: Batman Begins, Deadpool

literally the height of pseudo-intellectualism and fedoraism. This post can't be serious.

Why is he burning a huge graffiti on the side of a building? Isn't that a crime?

Arson
Property damage
Possibly multiple homicide

This dark knight is a terrorist

Easily the best action film of the 21st century and probably one of the top 3 films but Interetellars up their too

I meant inception not interstellar but thats great to just different

it is. it's what nolanplebs actually believe

Some of us like a bit of depth to our films more than """"MARTHA!!!""""

le tip

bump for this masterpeace

What did it mean? Is it relatable in any way to real world we live in ?

>I'm da jokah baybay!

This was the point where I stopped watching.