Now that the dust has settled, is this a good movie or not?

Now that the dust has settled, is this a good movie or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZRFrY8NFfAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I recently tried to watch it again. Bits with Finn and Poe are still good. Rey still sucks. For a protagonist, they sure did a real shit job of making me give a shit about her. Couldn't even get to Han before I just gave up.

Rogue One had its own bundle of issues but it was still miles better than this snooze cruise.

No. But it's better than Rogue One, which isn't hard at all.

>Deleted Scene Chewbacca ripping off Unkar Plutt's arm
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRFrY8NFfAQ

>TFA is better than Rogue One
KYS

Its good. Not Rogue One good, but better than 2/3 of the prequel bullshit.

>DUDE WE HAVE TO CUT THIS SCENE OUT OF THE MOVIE BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SHOW REY BEING A STRONG WOMAN LMAO

>TFA is better than the prequels
Have you people lost your minds?

TFA only gets a pass because it's an uncreative remake of a decent movie. The prequels were garbage and will always be garbage.

have you ever watched the prequels?

There was no establishment of the relationship between Jyn and her father. We're supposed to imagine they loved each other because he calls her "stardust".

Forest Whitaker dies for literally no reason because he is "tired of running".

The movie is full of platitudes about hope, rebellion and never giving up, lines delivered by characters we don't really know so we don't care about their opinions.

The blind asian is extremely force-sensitive and was a kid during the peak of the Jedi order yet he never gets discovered. Also, the force lets you sense things, but it doesn't allow you to see or hear. His mantra "I'm one with the force and the force is with me" is stupid. Why didn't Yoda ever teach Luke a mantra?

Jyn's father sends her a holographic message telling her to go get the plans instead of sending the plans because of plot convenience.

There are unnecessary characters shoved into the movie just so it would do better in China, a large/growing movie market.

They continue the prequels' destruction of Darth Vader by making him tell jokes.

Jyn is portrayed as the catalyst for the destruction of the Death Star because the rebels actually don't agree with her and don't want to get the plans even after witnessing the destructive power of the weapon. What was their plan otherwise? To get destroyed? Rebels are portrayed as a bunch of idiots who only know how to do suicide missions.

If you like Star Wars for all the wrong reasons (explosions, lightsabers, space battles) then you will love this movie. Action in the original trilogy served the plot, while in the modern Star Wars movies the plot serves the action. It seems as though they thought of all the action scenes first and then decided to write the plot around those scenes. And it shows.

Rogue One recycled everything people love from the OT and shoved it into a movie. It's a blatant cash grab and it's only liked by Star Wars numale fanboys and children.

>muh war movie

Why didn't Mon Mothma make that retarded speech? It would have made so much more sense, establishing her as the ideologically and morally pure center of the rebellion that everyone else was struggling to live up to, and it would have spared Jyn the most retarded heel turn possible, where every single thing the Rebellion had done to her was entirely negative but she suddenly decides to forget all that because of 2 lines from Cassian moments after he helped kill her father.

Fucking stupid.

>Now that the dust has settled
Hardly.
>is this a good movie or not?
Not. Rey was weak, Poe was enjoyable except for the quip at the beginning, Finn's character didn't make a modicum of sense, but it was pretty comfy seeing him and Poe broing it out.

Shitty scene desu.

It reeks of "what can we put in this bar sequence that will be a call-back for the nerds and sound and fury for the normies", but it doesn't fit the contemplative tone of the rest of the cantina scene, where Rey gets the lightsaber from AA Yoda and Finn reveals his cowardice.

>Rogue One recycled everything people love from the OT and shoved it into a movie.
Rogue One has its faults, but that's not really one of them. It recycled things that people remember visually from the OT, but it's TFA that copies, beat for beat, the stories of ANH and ESB.

yes and they are kino

Why do Rogue One apologists always bring up The Force Awakens? TFA sucked.

RO was a prequel to ANH.

TFA is the only other disney/non Lucas star wars

As a contrast. Rogue One's story didn't follow the exact same character arcs or plotlines as the "big three" of the OT.

2 > 1 > 3 > 7 > 6 > RO > 4 > 5

I give it an 8.5/10.

It was a worthy star wars title. It set up the characters and the setting for the next films well. Also the film implied a lot of things and left questions unanswered. This is good.

Rogue One however was a good war action movie. It's basically an adult version of stuff they do in the Rebels cartoon. Side stuff for star wars fans to appreciate.

However, it just was not up there with even the prequels on actually feeling like a major star wars title. It was not an engaging story. The star wars 7 characters leave me wanting to know more.

I give Rogue One a 5/10

no, not at all

I haven't seen it since it released and I have no desire to ever rewatch it. Completely empty flick with zero good characters.

>I have watched the PT in 10 years but Plinkett tells me they're bad

5>3>4>7>6>2>1

POWERGAP FOR EU TIER

Rebels>Rogue One>Clone Wars

No, 3 > RO > 2 > 6 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 7

I like the prequels somewhat but much of what Plinkett points out in his reviews are objective holes in the writing. The prequels are terribly plotted and make little sense.

Plinket goes into way too much detail and acts like the originals were gospel, literally any movie can be seen as garbage if you overthink it. just look at how many sins cinemasins gives to really good moves

Plinkett is over 100 years old. Of course he loves the OT more. His review of the PT is fair giving it more credit than most.

>The prequels are terribly plotted and make little sense.
In other words, your tiny brain couldn't understand a simple plot.

No its a parody of star wars desu