So what the fuck where the Haradrim doing in Northern Ithilien?

So what the fuck where the Haradrim doing in Northern Ithilien?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8o2Tf7v7aW4&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Walking their oliphants.

I don't see any borders, do you? Bigot.

What do you mean, going to the black gate so they can gather their troops and fuck shit up at minas thirit.
They may have been late tho, thats why they arrived late

>all dark skinned southerners and easterners are evil

problematic as fuck

Why are you generalizing? Only the ones we saw were evil.

But the army set off from Minas Morgul not the Black Gate

>inb4 thats why they were late, they got lost

oh my bad i forgot that harad is in the south, was confusing it with rhun, my bad

Sound's accurate to real life then, what's the problem here?

That's a point. The Easterlings are from Rhun which is north of Mordor and yet they arrived at the Black Gate from the south.

wtf hackson?

Easterlings!

Were these thing this large in the book or did Jackson take creative liberties on this one like did with the balrog?

Maybe they didnt want to go through the gap between minas thirit and minas morgul and went around mordor?

Could be a road circling around a hill or something

No, Tolkien clearly states in the books that an average adult male oliphant buck can reach a height of 7,6 m.

Where the fuck were these gooks in the final battle?

You see them for about 2 seconds in the extended version of RotK.

Playing with the Watcher

Any video??
I've watched the extended cut multiple times and never noticed them.

It's during the Battle of Pelennor Fields IIRC. After Grond destroys the gates you can see them rushing through.

Except in real life Easterners are the good guys.

I will pay attention next time
Thx user

Found an image.

Wow these movies have aged terribly

Easterlings = Asians
>good guys in the reality
Haradrim = Muslims, Arabs
>definitely not the good guys

What did Jamal mean by this

This is what always bothered me about RotK and the battle of pellenor fields.

In the book it was described as a vast battlefield with thousands of different colours and differently outfitted groups of fighters.

Kill yourself

Easterlings and Khand are Asians you morron

Thank you f a m

Watch marvel movies if you want color's.
I think it was a good idea to make it look dark.
I think it would look out of place to make the death of thousands colorful.

man, imagine being under one of those things when it takes a shit

>Khan? Have you noticed we are fighting alongside monsters?
>Yes?
>Like actual monsters, not just deformed elves, there are armoured trolls, that die if sunlight touches them, pulverizing people right next to us
>Where are you going with that Ming?
>Are we the bad guys?

Fuck off hipster faggot.
Watch your space family drama, social justice war's instead.

Youre misunderstanding me kiddo.

Im talking about shiny flashy plastic colours.

Im talking about sigils and standards. Red eye flags, blue and white tree shields...

During the build up to the battle, Tolkien describes alot of summoned military units from the surrounding areas. He describes their embles and their colours.

Lotr isnt medieval history, but Tolkien himself described colors.

What video game is this?

They don't poo.

Hahahahaha
Well memed

If Jackson filmed it similar to how Tolkien described LotR then ya, but as it stands Jackson directed color scheme to a point where so many colors would be very out of place.

CGI couldn't handle it
>it was already groundbreaking CGI, the best and only top level of CGI at that moment

>they killed the last living oliphaunt just to show its corpse in the movie
Jesus Christ, Jackson

Maybe in the remake?
Hollywood may also include a trany gandalf and a black aragon fucking elves left and right.
Some transformer will land at the Battle of the black gates.
And the orcs will all be some white males.

Sickening...

We should spread this image on Twitter and Facebook to piss of some faggots

I refuse to believe those comments are serious.

that's not real, user...

He says they're as large as a house when the hobbits see them.

Same with the battle of Helms Deep. In the book the uruk-hai army is also filled with wildlings and half-men. Much cooler to just have a disciplined, bred for war army instead

Everything is real on the internet.

>disciplined bred for war army is cooler than dude carnage LMAO army

faggot

But Hobbits have small houses

house=castle

GROND

Tolkien

> Hobbits have small houses

Bag End was a fucking palace spawning under two hills

Well, the US allied with the Soviets in WWII. So.

Thought it was only Bilbo that had a bigass house.

c-comfy!

yeah, I believe it's cooler when the two armies fighting are contrasted to each other. The Rohan army was just a buch of kids and old people, with a few high tier elven warrior. Seems fitting for them to fight against an army bred for one purpose, an army with technological utilities and whatnot

>Gorhendad Oldbuck began the first excavations of Brandy Hall in T.A. 2340.
>The Brandybucks kept making additions to Brandy Hall until it occupied the whole of the hill, had three large front doors, many side-doors, and about a hundred windows. When the Brandybucks and numerous dependents outgrew Brandy Hall they burrowed and built all around Buck Hill.

Thats Merry's house

Only 1 bedroom (2 at most) and no bathroom.

>filthy hobbitesses

Expanding their lebensraum.

As for Tuckborough, its not mentioned but it should be a palace too (oldest Thanes and all)
Hobbits characters are all nobles except pic related

>Are we the bad guys?
>Well I think us allying with "The Dark Lord" kind of begs the question, don't you think?

Bilbo and Gaffer Gamgee could've completed the quest on their own in half the time with none of the lives lost.

Wish I saw this in the films.

source

>I thought it was just a name, not to be taken literally
>Like remember this guy living down the road back on our village, Mr Green
>He wasnt actually Green
>Where the FUCK did you drag us into Khan?

>Well he had a green tint..
>HE DID NOT
>He did on the Blue-Ray

>Just shut up and kill the women and children hiding in that corner there
I honestly don't know why the Easterlings were even in this story. At least the Haradrim contributed war oliphaunts. What did these guys have that the orcs didn't?

You see one on an armoured horse at one point during the siege

Cavalry
At least in the books

>smoking room
is this a brit thing

>You see one on an armoured horse at one point during the siege

From the looks of them I'd say they have proper discipline, armour and tactics (they walk in ranks) whereas the bulk of the orcs are just a horde that rush forwards.

Easterlings main army attacked the North and kept the last dwarven kingdoms and Dale from helping Gondor.

Yeah, thanks for the contribution there Cao Cao, that really helped.

Why couldn't Sauron into Uruk-hai?

He had them in the books.

It's a valid thing to bring to a battlefield since orcs don't seem to be able to ride horses

How much harder would a Horse be to ride compared to a Warg?

It's not that they can't, it's just they don't have them. The Nazgul got their horses from Ronan by buying them, but there was no raising enough horses for a cavalry in Mordor and no way to buy that kind of number.

Try sustaining a warg with maggoty bread for 3 stinkin' days

I think they would just eat them

If anything it would be easier, but orcs must smell and act like a very repulsive predator so I assume horses freak out near them.

Horses got used to ringwraiths, they'd get used to orcs.

youtube.com/watch?v=8o2Tf7v7aW4&t

The army attacked minas tirith was uruks, sauron just never bothered to breed in the resistance to sunlight that sarumans had.
Some of the orcs at cirith ungol were uruks too, the tall blue ones.

They cut so much out of Pellenor Fields for the film

>No rings of concentric trenches
>No Swan Knights of Dol Amroth
>No werewolves and all other kinds of crazy shit that came out of Barad-Dur

Weren't Elrond's wife's sons at the battle as well?

There were ALOT of them, not to mention that Gondor and Harad were always in a state of quasi war.

This is exactly what bugged me about the battle.

Its not just orcs vs Gondor.

Its free world vs "evil forces".

haha lol

Yes.

From the wiki

>5000 Gondorian soldiers of Minas Tirith+1500 Guard of the Citadel, 3000 Gondorian soldiers of Ringló Vale, 3000 Gondorian soldiers of the Causeway Forts, 2500 Gondorian farmers, hunters, and herdsmen of Anfalas, 2000 Gondorian soldiers of Lossarnach, 2000 Gondorian Auxiliary troops of Minas Tirith, 1000 Knights of Dol Amroth, >1000 Gondorian soldiers of Osgiliath, 500 Ithilien Rangers, 500 archers from Blackroot Vale, 300 Gondorian soldiers of Pinnath Gelin, 200 Gondorian Fishermen from Ethir Anduin to defend the city of Minas Tirith.
At dawn, 6000 Rohirrim riders arrive to reinforce Gondor's garrisons.
>Aragorn leads 12,000 Gondorian soldiers of Lamedon, 4000 Gondorian soldiers of Pelargir, 500 fisherman, hunters, and farmers from Southern Gondor, and 30 Rangers of the North (Grey Company) to reinforce Gondorian and Rohirrim garrisons.

>No Swan Knights of Dol Amroth
I was so fucked in the head by those guys when I first read the book as a kid and they're having that meeting after the battle and say that Sauron is just a servant of The Enemy.

They went with Aragorn to get the ghosts

Please don't talk about the ghosts. Of all the dumb changes they made in the movies, they pissed me the most.

it's a civilised thing

You sure those were Haradrim? I thought they were from Rhun.

It's amazing how quickly Sup Forums has set the pace for the entire fabric of social media. 5 years ago fagbook "threads" did not sound like that.

No such thing.

>Aragorn leads 12,000 Gondorian soldiers of Lamedon, 4000 Gondorian soldiers of Pelargir, 500 fisherman, hunters, and farmers from Southern Gondor, and 30 Rangers of the North (Grey Company) to reinforce Gondorian and Rohirrim garrisons.