Whodunnit Mystery Movies/Shows Where Everyone is a Suspect

Looking for Recommendations for Movies Where A Murder/Crime Happens Everyone's A Suspect, and for some reason the police can't come so it's up to the suspects to find how the crime went down and who did it and why.

Basically, Clue. Except you know, not Clue because I watched that one.

>inb4 Hateful Eight
>inb4 BIG
> BLACK
> no

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QLINRflV89Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

all the variations of 'and then there were none'.

there are several and they're quite different.

I'll talk any opportunity to mention Murder by Death.

This would be a good double bill with Clue. Very similar, came out 9 years before it though. Love Peter Falk, he's great here.

The Killer Reserved Nine Seats

won't it get stale when each is just a different adaption of the other? Or are they actually very different from each other?

thanks user watching this today for sure

The Big Sleep

liked this a lot, although it has hercule poirot as kind of a police detective i guess. if you don't mind then there are several movies about him solving this stuff.

They had to keep changing the name cause reasons

Anything Poirot will really do it

Identity

This thread needs more Giallo.

i think they change it up every time, with different characters and a different setting.

Isn't that a series? You mean to tell me each episode they establish a new cast of a number of would be suspects? That's pretty ambitious.

This, the 1947 version.

Basically anything by Agatha Christie and especially starring Hercule Poirot, they are the comfiest ones.

Good movie.

Loved it, except for a few shots at the end that looked bad because the sfx sucked (the kid and the explosion).

Every episode of Poirot is and hour and a half long, so they have plenty of time to develop the story.

other shows do that too, but there are also poirot movies.

Nah, most of the versions I've seen are just like the book/play. But I've watched A LOT of 10 Little Niggers adaptations, so...

oh, those barmy brits.

>Isn't that a series? You mean to tell me each episode they establish a new cast of a number of would be suspects? That's pretty ambitious.
Yes

Also David Suchet is Poirot incarnate. His dedication to perfecting his role as the sleuth is fantastic.

Quantez, sort of. It's in the vein of The Hateful Eight, but less about the mystery and more about people being stuck together with an unseen threat from outside and inside and how their relationship explode.

youtube.com/watch?v=QLINRflV89Y

Gosford Park

Like Clue, but made by Robert Altman

The 2015 mini was really average. Like, insultingly average.

Twin Peaks.

You can't mystery kino harder than that.

Ten Little Indians

>Very similar
probably because Clue was a remake of it

Yeah, that might be why. Just replace famous detective characters with clue characters.

Suchet has done every Agatha Christie book. It's comfy as fuck.

Bumping. I've probably already squeezed this dry but I wanna see if some more people have recommendations.

Devil

Don't let the Shamalandingdong memes fool you, it's a good movie.

also:
House on Haunted Hill (original and remake, but the original is more in line with what you ask for)

Young Maggie Smith was hot

and the short tv series Harper's Island, it's And Then There Were None in 13 episodes with a more pronounced mystery slasher angle to it. Not that the original novel wasn't basically a slasher full of weird and gruesome deaths.

Poirot is the best.

Gosford Park.
It's not exactly what you want, but it's pretty great.

HI had great character development.

>this faggot doesn't know about miss marple

Murder By Death
>stereotypical asian detective played by peter sellers
>stereotypical british detective
>stereotypical french detective
>stereotypical American detective (played by peter falk aka Columbo)
>Obi-wan is the butler
>Truman Copote plays the mysterious host
>spoofing on 'who done it' films

"Murder by Death" is a good comedic spoof on 'who done it' genre and def worth a watch.

This shit dont fly in 2017

Still a funny film

Isn't this one literally "the bulter did it?" All I remember is that I read one Agatha Christie book in high school that took place on a boat.

It didn't back then either. That was the joke. It was making fun of the Chinese Detective played by a white man trope. Like Charlie Chan.

Yeah that makes sense. Sellers owns this role. Hes a chinese detective who dislikes his adopted Japanese son.

I really really like this film

The son scenes were gold.

But the 1970s didnt have the internet so Tumblerinas would blow steam online and completely missing the point of what the character is actually supposed to mean/represent. Im so glad there was no "Murder by Death" clickbait.

Kisaragi (2007)

It's good, enjoy.

The bridge scene was the best of them all.

>come back and pick up father

It was, but it's very close to the book and still worth a watch.

Hateful 8 was a horrible who dun it. You knew who was responsible the whole time

Because they fucking told you "who dunn it" in the middle of the film.

It's sad that we live in a world that think mentioning something problematic to shed light on the issue and show how bad it was is something bad in itself.

I blame the rise of autism. Fuck, we can't talk about issues anymore because that make sus racist/whatever else to even bring them up and you can't do anything or talk about anything related to someone who isn't excatly like you because segregation is now a good thing according to liberals. WTF?

Yeah now all potentially good films are so fucking watered down so they wont "offend people" but its still ok to make fun of white people because fighting racism with racism works in their mind

>inb4 stormfront Sup Forumsfag

I'm black and i thin PC culture is ruinining film and satire.

this one was the first on that popped into my mind as well.

I knew the second they got to the cabin. Lazy writing. Sad!

We are all very impressed by your superior sherlock skills. You made a very good argument.

Hateful Eight.
Reservioir Dogs.

If only that's all it is ruining.

>Reservoir Dogs
Did you even read the OP?

The Thing

And Then There Were None

Russian hackers were a red herring.

Pretty much this, except the killer was never supposed to be revealed but the studio pressured them.