5: The College Dropout
6: MBDTF
7: Late Registration
8: WTT
9: Cruel Summer

guys look another pointless album ranking thread

>putting a bling-era relic over TCD, MBDTF, & even TCD 2.0

L

They're about the only bearable Kanye threads.
Kanye is my second favorite artist, but I avoid threads about him like the plague.

They almost always devolve into shitposts, and name calling in leu of arguments.

Checked

I used to to think the same as you my man.
Until recently Graduation was my least favorite Kanye solo album (still has my least favorite track of his, Big Brother).
But every track on there has amazing samples, and stellar production. Admittedly the same is true for almost every Kanye album, but it really resonates with me. & I find the lyrics are really underrated when compared to the rest of his discog.
TCD is BARELY behind it, I'll grant you that.

But MBDTF has probably the weakest mastering out of any Kanye album, & sounds the most dated too.
Late Registration is great, but it just doesn't really hit home with me as strongly as his rest.

>amazing samples, and stellar production.
>implying this = good music
Oof

according to last.fm listens

>Late Reg. being that low
You both are fucking disgusting.

LR isn't College Dropout 2, if anything it's better than CD could ever be.

If you're gonna disagree at least provide a half decent argument lad.

No, amazing samples + stellar production alone don't make for good music. (although I'd say it qualifies for not bad at least). I mean Since I left You is the perfect example of something with both of those that ends up being a mediocre final product (sorry, it's true).

But they're done to such a masterful level on Graduation, in combination with Kanye finally developing a smoother flow (still doesn't compare to his flow on say No More Parties in LA though) relative to his earlier work, plus the lyrics I mentioned earlier, means it's never boring and entertaining the whole way through.

I disagree. Graduation was my favorite a few years back but I realized how dated it sounded and how bad some the tracks were (Good Life, Drunk & Hot Girls). Mbdtf has what Graduation has but feels more cohesive and complete, it also sounds better and has aged (admittedly only slightly) more gracefully. I get why ur not a fan of Late Registration, it just feels like a slightly more polished version of The College Dropout, I’d only put it slightly over Graduation desu.

>Since I Left You is mediocre
>Graduation and TLOP are some of Kanye's strongest albums

Well this is a first.

Dubs
Trip

>1: The Life of Pablo
>2: Yeezus
>3: 808's & Heartbreak
>4: Graduation
>5: The College Dropout
>6: MBDTF
>7: Late Registration
LITERALLY flip this

There's my man right here.

>you both are fucking disgusting.
Nice to meant you triggered fag.

I'm not saying Late Registration is bad, far from it. It's a fucking excellent album and still in my top 50-75ish albums. But I just don't like it as much as the rest of his solo career ones. Yes the orchestration is nice, & sets it apart from most other works.
But lyrically, and melodically, I think it's his weakest.
I think if you take out the strings, it's easily his most "normal" sounding album. Like I said, it's far far far from being bad.
But it doesn't have the character or memorability the others do in my eyes.

To be honest all of Kanye's albums are close enough in quality that if you like them in any certain order, I ain't really gonna hate.
Music is subjective my dude.
I like both of the tracks you mentioned. They're fun tracks that are easy to bob your head to and get lost in. I'd say Graduation is better for having something playing whilst not being 100% invested in only listening to the music. Where say Yeezus or TLOP have enough thematic and story telling elements to always being interested no matter how in depth your listening habit is.

Personally, I like the melodies & lyrics on TCD more than LR, but only slightly.
I'd say TLOP, Yeezus, & 808's are the "top-tier" Kanye albums.
Graduation goes in the next category with all his other solo albums, with WTT & Cruel Summer existing in their own purgatory.

I like SILY, don't get me wrong. But I don't understand the hype.
Plus, I like Wildflower more.
Nah dude.

>Nice to meant you triggered fag.
???

Meet*
I'm tired as fuck dude, worked all damn day.

I'm just throwing shade back at you since you did in the first place bro. Ain't nothing.

FUCK KANYE

Alright, just wondering. I'm reading through your stuff so don't think I'm just here pointing out typos.

1. Yeezus
2. The Life of Pablo
3. 808s & Heart Break
4. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
5. Graduation
6. Late Registration
7. The College Dropout

Pablo too high otherwise this ranking is fine

1. MBDTF
2. Yeezus
3. TLOP
4. TCD